Supporter?

Budweiser

And being a reporter (indiannarose, darknemus and myself) means you can post in the newswire and the FAQ section. It holds no other special privileges. Some seem to think it makes you some sort of mod. That's NOT true. We can't edit or delete messages or threads and we can't ban people.

Is being a reporter just based on a good knowlege of GnR and/or contacts within the music biz?

And being a reporter (indiannarose, darknemus and myself) means you can post in the newswire and the FAQ section. It holds no other special privileges. Some seem to think it makes you some sort of mod. That's NOT true. We can't edit or delete messages or threads and we can't ban people.

Is being a reporter just based on a good knowlege of GnR and/or contacts within the music biz?

Good knowledge of GN'R, loyalty to the forum, posting regularly, etc. Contacts within the business aren't really a requirement.

Username and Indy also did a lot of work for the FAQ section in their own time, which was part of the job. ;)

Good knowledge of GN'R, loyalty to the forum, posting regularly, etc. Contacts within the business aren't really a requirement.

Username and Indy also did a lot of work for the FAQ section in their own time, which was part of the job. ;)

so how do you become a reporter?

The post you quoted tells you. :huh:

yeah but if you have a good GNR knowledge, you post regularly, loyal to the forum etc if ur all that how do you become a reporter

i thought only admin could ban people :question:

yeah but if you have a good GNR knowledge, you post regularly, loyal to the forum etc if ur all that how do you become a reporter

Well, if the Global Mods and Admins feel the need for another reporter, then they draw up a list of people that meet that criteria, then choose from it.

You couldn't work that out for yourself? :unsure:

i thought only admin could ban people :question:

He said that Reporters can't ban people.

Also, Global Mods have the ability to ban people, and some Moderators can disable posting abilities for indefinate periods.

If you are a Moderator/Reporter, and you donate to the forum, does that make you a Mod+Supporter, or what?

You just keep the "Moderator" or the "Reporter" tag. I can't speak for Reporters, but mods get the same benefits as Supporters anyway.

Anymore questions kids, or can I run off to bed now? :rolleyes: