For those who know the New York city area well....

G n F n R

cab rides from laguardia have a fixed rate from the airport to any destination in manhattan... (i think it's 35.00) ..

I've never paid even close to $35 for a cab to LaGuardia. :huh: I've paid as little as $18 (if I avoided the bridge toll) and as much as $27 (when there was traffic). Never more than that. It's true that JFK has a flat rate - I think it's about $45. But Newark is by far the most expensive.

Ground zero is in manhattan... it's the big hole in the middle of the financial district. You can't miss it :(

Same island huh? Thanks. I'll mapquest the Hammerstein, whatever my hotel turns out to be and the site later.

.... How far away is ground zero from Manhattan. If I could see one thing during my brief stay I would like it to be that. Thanks again friends. B)

Ground Zero is in downtown Manhattan.

From the Hammerstein (on 34th Street), catch the downtown "A" or "E" subway -- and it's only four stops. You get out -- and it's right there.

.... How far away is ground zero from Manhattan. If I could see one thing during my brief stay I would like it to be that. Thanks again friends. B)

From the Hammerstein (on 34th Street), catch the downtown "A" or "E" subway -- and it's only four stops. You get out -- and it's right there.

Thanks. Catch a subway. :lol: Growing up in San Diego makes subway rides seem like a different world! In January I was at Denver's airport and they had a terminal subway but that's the closest.

Thanks. Catch a subway. :lol: Growing up in San Diego makes subway rides seem like a different world! In January I was at Denver's airport and they had a terminal subway but that's the closest.

I was just in Chula Vista. I have spent much time in the area. I love Coronado. SD is the best place to live in the USA bar none in my opinion. I will trade my tix for your address??? Subway's are fun..but can be dissorienting to out-of-towners. There is plenty of parking near, next to and around the venue. You will see the signs and the men standing outside waiving cars in. Of course, it will cost us $30+ and they expect a tip. NYC tax on parking garages is 18.5%.

Edited by smokingarthur

Haven't been to a N.Y.C. small venue show since the Dead Boys at the Ritz waaaaay back in the day!

This is gonna RAWK!

Thanks for all the helpful info posted here...very cool of you all!

cheers

How are the hostels in Manhattan? I'm checking them out online now along with hotel rooms. I've hung out with people at some hostels in San Diego but never actually stayed in one myself. Also this Manhattan Inn Hostel I'm looking at says you need to have your passport. Do you have to be from another country to stay at a hostel? Thanks

Edited by G n F n R

I'm thinking about going to see a taping of Conan O'Brien on the 16th - pending he is doing a show that day!

That's a great idea. Get enough gunners and we could start chanting Guns N' Roses! :D

thats a brilliant idea! I'd be down.

Fantastic idea! Do it! ;)

yeah go for it

there are numerous hotels all withing walking distance of hammerstien, it is right next to MSG...You can park in a lot that is in the same building as the ballroom. I wouldnt park there for more than a few hours at (15 bucks an hour or so)

.Driving in is not the best idea.

Outtagetme recommends that if you leave home on the day of the show, catch an early flight and pick the airport/ airline with the most flights into that airport. If there are delays, oversold seats, or any kind of bullshit all, your airport/ airline choice could prevent you from seeing Guns N' Roses, which is why you are going to NYC in the first place.

For instance, I'm flying Delta out of the ATL and on the day I am flying in, most of their non-stop flights from here are going to LaGuardia. We picked LaGuardia.

Madison may live in New York, but I disagree with her on Newark. I've ridden the New Jersey Transit Train before and while it was a packed bitch, it got us into downtown @ Grand Central Station quicker than sitting in traffic in a cab, which frequently happens from the other two airports.

This is going to be the first time all of us Forum members are in the same city/ place at once. I think maybe a moderator or certain members should stay back in an undisclosed location in case someone tries to attack us.

I've been to NYC several times, but this will be the greatest day of my life.