A Presale Has Never Been Done Better

goldfinger19

Madison-I can't believe you are equating die hard fans by the number of posts. Some people have thousands of posts and they don't know shit. I barely post, but I've been a fan since I was 10 years oldl (1987)! I don't think you can say that someone isn't a true fan because they don't post a lot. That is just stupid.

This was extremely nice of the band to do for the fans. No one can say they don't give a shit about the fanbase now. They executed this perfectly. They knew these other two shows were going to be played, they just kept it quiet for this exact reason.

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

Madison-I can't believe you are equating die hard fans by the number of posts. Some people have thousands of posts and they don't know shit. I barely post, but I've been a fan since I was 10 years oldl (1987)! I don't think you can say that someone isn't a true fan because they don't post a lot. That is just stupid.

Dude, I've been on this forum from day one, and the GNR internet community for several years before that. I've seen fans come and go. And I've come to know who the real "diehard" fans are. They're the ones who check into the forums on a regular basis, whether there's any news going on or not. They don't just show up when leaks happen. And yes, they also tend to post.

Now -- I'm not talking about the kid who makes 2,000 posts in a month and burns out -- I'm talking about someone who posts on a regular basis - maybe just a couple of posts a week - over a long period of time. They may only have a total post count of 200 - but they post on a regular basis because they continually check in to see if there's any news. They also tend to get involved in the GNR community by posting in the AG section.

So, those are the fans that I really hoped would get the tickets first! Not the kid who joined a month ago because of the leaks -- or the person who registered two years ago, but never posted once until now. So shoot me if you think I'm wrong to wish that the loyal diehard fans - who showed their support over the years - got the tickets first.

Yeah, I'm a newbie, and yeah I just joined, and yeah this is my FIFTH post and, guess what else, yeah I'm a Guns N Roses fan. I am not trying to overstep my bounds here, being the new guy and all, but I take offense that a fan has to be someone who posts -- be it once a week, a day, an hour or a minute. Being a frequenter of forums should not be the basis for judging someone's dedication.

Yeah, I'm a newbie, and yeah I just joined, and yeah this is my FIFTH post and, guess what else, yeah I'm a Guns N Roses fan. I am not trying to overstep my bounds here, being the new guy and all, but I take offense that a fan has to be someone who posts -- be it once a week, a day, an hour or a minute. Being a frequenter of forums should not be the basis for judging someone's dedication.

You can't post once a minute - due to flood control

:P

i had to say it

all madison is saying is that most of the real diehard fans, are people who think to check mygnr.com or htgth.com week after week. It just means these people were so into the band they spent their time going to websites hoping for news and chatting with likeminded people. Makes sense if you ask me.

I personally loved how it was done.I was a little pissed off a little that I couldn't get the presale password, as I didn't sign up in time for the password.

But I took off today and got two tickets, right at the strike of 10. I'm sitting in the Mezzanine (sp?) 2, I believe.

Anyone know if they're good seats?

I personally loved how it was done.I was a little pissed off a little that I couldn't get the presale password, as I didn't sign up in time for the password.

But I took off today and got two tickets, right at the strike of 10. I'm sitting in the Mezzanine (sp?) 2, I believe.

Anyone know if they're good seats?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/280/12443

Got my two for the 14th!

I agree, this was a great way to do a presale...perfect and gave everyone a chance...

if anyone's got ideas for the sunday show or hangouts (mustang's bar gonna be doing their thing that day?) I'm leaving that day, all day, open so PM me or something.