converting former fans

bax

Pretty much everyone I know was into Guns with the original lineup, but most of the people I try to get into them now either don't listen at all or listen and deny that the new songs hold up. One guy said to me after listening to CITR that the band lost a lot of its songwriting skills when Slash left. Obviously you can't get someone that close-minded to change their opinion, but I end up defending Axl & Co. I was just wondering if anyone else is encountering resistence to the new band and songs and how you guys deal with it. Does this attitude prevail? If it does than CD and the tour may flop.

Pretty much everyone I know was into Guns with the original lineup, but most of the people I try to get into them now either don't listen at all or listen and deny that the new songs hold up. One guy said to me after listening to CITR that the band lost a lot of its songwriting skills when Slash left. Obviously you can't get someone that close-minded to change their opinion, but I end up defending Axl & Co. I was just wondering if anyone else is encountering resistence to the new band and songs and how you guys deal with it. Does this attitude prevail? If it does than CD and the tour may flop.

FUCK ANYONE WHO DOESNT BELIEVE.

Believe what? At this time there is nothing to believe.

u wont be able 2 compare modern gnr 2 the old gnr. so i guess im one of those close minded past-gnr fans

It's apples and Oranges, though. Of course you can't compare them-the songs sound totally different form the old band. These songs deserve to be judged on their own merit.

mmkay? with fuck, you mean like, penetrate? or? :monkey: and also, believe? there is a lot of things I don't believe in.. shall I get fucked now? hu.

:lol:

Nope. Just make them listen to the music. I took a boom box to the skatepark yesterday, put in a CD with the leaks. Keep in mind a lot of the people there say that the new GN'R suck (Judging only by Oh My God). After about half of Better, people were fucking storming me asking who it was cause they loved it. The close minded people think it sucks because they either wont listen to the music or they only heard Oh My God.

Nope. Just make them listen to the music. I took a boom box to the skatepark yesterday, put in a CD with the leaks. Keep in mind a lot of the people there say that the new GN'R suck (Judging only by Oh My God). After about half of Better, people were fucking storming me asking who it was cause they loved it. The close minded people think it sucks because they either wont listen to the music or they only heard Oh My God.

OK - let's examine this.

"took a boom box to the skateboard park" - so everybody was under 18? Certainly a young crowd for sure regardless of exactly how old.

"a lot of the people there say that the new GN'R suck" - this is very true. Not just based off of OMG, but also the VMAs among other reasons. Most people appreciate the quality of the music from the real Guns n Roses.

"After about half of Better, people were fucking storming me asking who it was cause they loved it" - ok. Some kids thought that some demos were really cool. So what? Some kids that have no idea how big GnR was love the new demos. They have no appreciation for what Guns n Roses meant to the music scene in the late 80s and early 90s. Hearing the stories of their greatness is nothing like living the experience. They ruled the music scene and dominated all the talk...not just the talk on a message board focused specifically to their fans. If you don't understand that, then you don't get what it means to be a fan of Guns n Roses...it's really that simple. At least be honest and call yourself an Axl Rose fan.

"The close minded people think it sucks because they either wont listen to the music or they only heard Oh My God" - I've heard Better and TWAT. They have potential, but neither compare favorably to the real Guns n Roses. Don't tell me they are demos - the whole song structure is there...solos and all. Fine tuning won't change that. There is no spark, no magic. Axl couldn't and still can't do it on his own...there's nothing wrong with that.

Tell me something: Why has CD not been released if Axl is so good on his own and he doesn't need anyone else? If he was that great, it should have been done years ago.

Som of the people i talk "new gnr" with say they suck among others things. To use the syaing "beating a dead horse" comes to mind when thinking what these people think about axl and the band. That hes trying to milk the shit out of the name. That hes trying to grab his crown at rock n' roll's thrown that he left behind so long ago. These people dont get it. This is rock and roll and this is the rock and roll that this dull music scene has been missing so desperately. This is GNR 2.0; Chinese Democracy-"GNR"; 21st century GNR; Guns N' Fuckin' Roses. Trust me ive tried converting tons of people to like guns n' roses now. But things like the VMAS and the busted tour (I was at the philly show) give more of a reason for naysayers to say they suck. Us fans have been with this new band for how ever long. And now in 2006, its no long our job to convert new fans. It's Guns N' Roses' job. Come these NY shows, everyone will remember what rock and roll is.

Guest RonMexico82

People that deserve to be beaten with a hammer:

1: Michael Jackson

2: People that say the demo's are crap.

3: People that refer to the new line up as NuGunz, NuGuns, NewGuns etc etc

4: People that believe Avenged Sevenfold are the new Guns N' Roses

5: Avenged Sevenfold

6: Warchild

:P

I hope nobody around me has a hammer. I don't quite fit #2, but I certainly fit #3.

I hope nobody around me has a hammer. I don't quite fit #2, but I certainly fit #3.

See, no-one is prophet in their own land...it's fucking depressing.

THE ATHEIST WC PRAYER