Lodging, Dining, Transportation questions

drtydane

I'll be flying into La Guardia early afternoon on the 14th. Will take a cab to the show and then back to my hotel (which is right by the airport) after the show.

Is anyone staying around La Guardia and would be willing to split the cab fare? We might also be able to split hotel costs for one room. I am just staying for one night though. Check in around 3pm on the 14th and I probably leave around 5am on the 15th.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to be sleeping in my car somewhere... which areas should I avoid/which areas are safest/where will I not be ticketed?

Only other option is to split costs with someone on a room somewhere... I'm going to be there from the 12th thru 17th and am not sure which nights I'd want to stay in a room.

While the climate in Manhattan in May can be lovely for sleeping on the streets, there are other environmental variables that may make it not so pleasant. There are some cheap hostels in NYC where you share a bathroom with other rooms. Try searching for some of those. I think they are about $30 a night. Here's one pretty close to the show: http://www.manhattaninnhostel.com/

$30 bucks a night?? lol thats gotta be a nasty place..

as for the climate. is it going to be all humid and sticky and shit? My allergies can't handle that kind of weather :(

While the climate in Manhattan in May can be lovely for sleeping on the streets, there are other environmental variables that may make it not so pleasant. There are some cheap hostels in NYC where you share a bathroom with other rooms. Try searching for some of those. I think they are about $30 a night. Here's one pretty close to the show: http://www.manhattaninnhostel.com/

$30 bucks a night?? lol thats gotta be a nasty place..

as for the climate. is it going to be all humid and sticky and shit? My allergies can't handle that kind of weather :(

hostels are usually quite cool, though you can end up sharing with like 7 other people, but thats where the cheap price comes from.

2 a performer was recently killed in a small venue (forget who)

That would be Dimebag Daryl.

can you have your cellphone to the concert??? i dont think so... thats another doubt i have ...mu cell has camera and camcorde... will the security staff will allow it?

You can bring cellphones into most concerts.

The tickets don't say no cells, so....I'm assuming they're fair game.

I'm flying in from Norway the 15th, and I'm gonna see the 17th show.

I have been to NYC once before, and then I stayed in Soho. A double bed room was like 150 bucks a night.

know its alot, but for a couple and a dude or a girl or 3 dudes or whatever the configuration.

hope I meet some of you guys there.....

viva la gnr

Youre flying in from Norway?? :o

is there anywhere i can leave my stuff!? there has to be. im not getting a hotel for 12 hours just to leave again. i dont want to be forced to take my wallet or cellphone in the venue.

Find a relatively upscale hotel nearby with a bell hop/valet. Tell him you checked out and need to store a bag, backpack, etc. Tip him a buck of two and your stuff will be safe and secure as long as you need. Done this a lot and it's worked like a charm.

im flying in from san diego, whats going to be the best airport to fly in to...so Im closest to the venue....JFK, LaGuardia, or Newark??? really need some help here guys, haven't been to NY

They say LaGuardia is the closest. I'm flying into Newark, it was a lot cheaper, and I was told you can get into Manhattan by train for about 15 bucks from there, as long as you are traveling fairly light.

SO should i fly into Lugauardia or Newarek? I heard Luguardis is 8miles from the show????birk

If flight costs are equal, I'd fly into Newark. It may be a bit farther away, but the Air Train service (http://www.panynj.gov/airtrainnewark/index.php) makes travel to the city a breeze and it lets you off at Penn Station, right near the venue. Laguardia is closer, but it doesn't offer an easy public transportation option and you'll probably need to use a more costly taxi.

JFK airport also offers AirTrain service, so it's easy to get to/from as well using the subway (http://www.panynj.gov/airtrainnewark/index.php) via Penn Station.

Hope this helps.

What is the names of the closest hotels to Hammerstein Ballroom? If anyone happens to know please share. THe names. And is the Hammerstein Ballroom in downtown or midtown. birk

This link should show you the hotels in the vicinity of Hammerstein. Regardless of where you choose to stay in Manhattan, getting to Hammerstein is simple via the subway, or a no-brainer in a taxi.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps.py?name=&addr=3...mpass=&BFKey=ho

Hope this helps.

- Porterhouse

Im looking for a hotel that is VERY close to the Hammerstein Ballroom? And not $200 a night. Is that even possible to find that? I will probably be landing in Newark. But, i figured there are bars around Hammerstein Ballroom. Is there bars around there? Any hotel info would help. Thanks!! Birk

Im looking for a hotel that is VERY close to the Hammerstein Ballroom? And not $200 a night. Is that even possible to find that? I will probably be landing in Newark. But, i figured there are bars around Hammerstein Ballroom. Is there bars around there? Any hotel info would help. Thanks!! Birk

cheapest you can get around there, to my knowledge, is the Hotel Pennsylvania for about 150 a night. but after taxes n all, you are paying about 200 bucks a night. I hear its quite a shithole, but I dont know.

Get a hotel in coastal NJ, preferably in Bergen County. I recommend the FT. LEE HILTON.

Damn. Thats fuckin ridiculous. There has got to be something halfway decent and affordable. But, who knows they will probably raise the fuckin prices or something. Theres gotta be hotels or motels for that matter around the Newark airport? Any links that people can put up would be great. Thanks. birk

Is that near the Newark airport? What about prices?