Can Guns N' Roses become the biggest band in the world AGAIN?

Madagascar88

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron Maiden as the #4 draw IN THE WORLD??

Get the fuck out of here with that. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, and the answer to this question is no. GNR's former level of popularity will never be approached again. That siad, they can still be successful. Just not as obscenely so.

yea... you're right... they don't do shit anymore in the U.S. ... but they are still humungous in Europe...

i moved them down to #6.

in the US? they were the only reason people went to Ozzfest last year.

Are we talking across the board or just in this respective "rock" genre... because "popular music" has changed. I think some of the top drawing bands world-wide are more pop (and now-a-days this whole emo thing is gaining steam) Hell, Madonna's doing 5 shows at Madison Square Garden this summer!

You turn on any hit radio station or MTV or anything, and I'm sure Metallica and AC/DC aren't the bands you see for the most part.

So world-wide across the board, I don't see them reaching that ultra status in today's music scene, but in the world of rock music, I think GNR could potentially make a really big come-back

thats nonsense. do you think ever gnr fan in the world is on the forum? I think with a cd and new music on the radio and i tour they will be back in the top 5 bands.

No I dont think every gnr fan is on this forum, but just because Axl reappears with a bunch of random musicians doesnt mean they can become the best band in the world. Yes people will hear the new material on the radio and yes gnr will win win more fans but biggest band in the world? or even top 5? I doubt it.

agree....and also time have changed a lot..if GnR have to move to top..it would have happened in 2002...that 89 era will never comeback again...

Sure, but it will require some work to get there. No flaking out and not showing up to shows. No more delays on the album. Go through with a solid tour, increase the fanbase and win back the old ones, release a great album (or 3), put out a really interesting video and do some creative marketing. Get the new website up, some good press... Make a few tv appearances, but follow the lead of U2 and make an event of it. When U2 shows up to play on Letterman, it's not like when other bands perform - they have a way of putting themselves on another level while still seeming accessible.

thats nonsense. do you think ever gnr fan in the world is on the forum? I think with a cd and new music on the radio and i tour they will be back in the top 5 bands.

No I dont think every gnr fan is on this forum, but just because Axl reappears with a bunch of random musicians doesnt mean they can become the best band in the world. Yes people will hear the new material on the radio and yes gnr will win win more fans but biggest band in the world? or even top 5? I doubt it.

agree....and also time have changed a lot..if GnR have to move to top..it would have happened in 2002...that 89 era will never comeback again...

In 2002 there was no cd, next to no promotion and a tour that really wasnt planned well. In 2006 already tons of promotion on the internet and here in nyc the 2 rock stations are talking about the hammerstein gigs. All 4 hammerstein shows seem to be sold out. Guns are doing a european/festival tour for teh summer. It'll never be 1991-1993 again. But we can start a new beginning this year.

tHE REAL QUESTIONS IS........

.....can They change the nature of their relation with the world?

THE THIRD REICH

ALBERT SPEER HAD AN I.Q OF 190...SPEED & HITLER

U creep me out. :scared: But i do think gnr could become a huge band agian. I mean they are right now arent they. Look at us! When CD is released it will prolly have videos on music channels, and thats all the exposure u need. Everyone who are fans now and fans from the earlier band will be allover it, and everyone will love gnr again.

I think it's totally possible. But this time around, they have to finish the tour and release the album. Axl needs to put the GNR name back out on the street and keep it there. They got the players, (and from what we've heard so far) they've got the music.

There is no doubt, GN'R will reclaim the throne. not a doubt in the world.

This band can reclaim the throne?! They never had it to begin with..

Some forget that this band isn't the same Guns N' Roses that dominated the rock scene in the early 90's..

These expectations are laughable..

-Kickingthehabit

I want to believe that they can do it again but i'm not so sure.

I think to have ultimate success, they really need Slash and Duff back...They are key players that added to their popularity in the late 80's/early 90's.

And since metal/hard rock isn't so popular at the moment (mainstream at least), it's gonna take some brilliant tactics and new ideas ( which I think Axl has enough potential and genius-level thinking to put something out there that will captivate new fans and bring back the old ones as well :) )

I think GN'R will have a ton of media attention, and if Captain Ax plays his cards right, I really do think they could be as successful as like, Aerosmith, AC/DC etc.

Maybe this new band can do it. Not sure though.

They will always be compared with GNR, tough luck.

Hmm..Yeah I agree with this

I think it's totally possible. But this time around, they have to finish the tour and release the album. Axl needs to put the GNR name back out on the street and keep it there. They got the players, (and from what we've heard so far) they've got the music.

I agree with this also. I'm in two minds about it. Will have to wait and see.

This band can reclaim the throne?! They never had it to begin with..

Guns N' Roses did have it.

Some forget that this band isn't the same Guns N' Roses that dominated the rock scene in the early 90's..

Well a few of the members are the same, one of them you can't deny was a HUGE factor in the bands early success. How easily you forget this. while it is pretty much a different lineup of musicans, that doesn't mean they don't have a chance of having the same kind of success GNR enjoyed years and years ago. It remains to be seen.

These expectations are laughable..

-Kickingthehabit

your bias is laughable. Go suck slash's dick in the vr section.

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

With all the brand recognition and hype, the band will be a big story for a very fleeting time. But I'd be really surprised to see them sustain mass popularity after the initial hulubaloo.

Not to knock all the other guys, but other than Axl there's no draw to this lineup. None whatsoever. Not having a big name guitarist is going to be a hole both musically and commercially...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

With all the brand recognition and hype, the band will be a big story for a very fleeting time. But I'd be really surprised to see them sustain mass popularity after the initial hulubaloo.

Not to knock all the other guys, but other than Axl there's no draw to this lineup. None whatsoever. Not having a big name guitarist is going to be a hole both musically and commercially...

I think the guitarists in the band just may become big names after enough exposure in this band. Finck is just as good as Slash.