Can Guns N' Roses become the biggest band in the world AGAIN?

Madagascar88

With all the brand recognition and hype, the band will be a big story for a very fleeting time. But I'd be really surprised to see them sustain mass popularity after the initial hulubaloo.

Not to knock all the other guys, but other than Axl there's no draw to this lineup. None whatsoever. Not having a big name guitarist is going to be a hole both musically and commercially...

I think the guitarists in the band just may become big names after enough exposure in this band. Finck is just as good as Slash.

Now we know you're an idiot. Thank you for clarifying.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the brand recognition and hype, the band will be a big story for a very fleeting time. But I'd be really surprised to see them sustain mass popularity after the initial hulubaloo.

Not to knock all the other guys, but other than Axl there's no draw to this lineup. None whatsoever. Not having a big name guitarist is going to be a hole both musically and commercially...

I think the guitarists in the band just may become big names after enough exposure in this band. Finck is just as good as Slash.

WTF?? *pets head* :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Finck is just as good as Slash.

ahahaha.

i WANT to agree with the things that you say.... i really do...

i mean i support the new band just as much as you do but..... you make a mockery of everyone who does.

you seem to think theyre better than the old band in comparison even with the one fucked up tour and no new album.

im sorry but i must beg to differ

This band can reclaim the throne?! They never had it to begin with..

Guns N' Roses did have it.

Some forget that this band isn't the same Guns N' Roses that dominated the rock scene in the early 90's..

Well a few of the members are the same, one of them you can't deny was a HUGE factor in the bands early success. How easily you forget this. while it is pretty much a different lineup of musicans, that doesn't mean they don't have a chance of having the same kind of success GNR enjoyed years and years ago. It remains to be seen.

These expectations are laughable..

-Kickingthehabit

your bias is laughable. Go suck slash's dick in the vr section.

Axls_Disillusion..

It is ludicrous to suggest that your Guns N' Roses can reclaim the throne of Hard Rock.

The band was only a success when it was the conjoined effort of Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Izzy Stradlin, Steven Adler and Matt Sorum. They established the legacy of Guns N' Roses and made it the band that it is remembered for today.

How is it possible that Robin Finck, Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson and Brain can 'reclaim' a title that they never had? Are you that naive?

Your current 'Guns N' Roses' have never experienced success. Their notoriety stems from an album that has never been released, and a failed world tour. They will never live up to the success of the classic Guns N' Roses.

You seem to have constructed this elaborate fantasy in your mind. Robin Finck is better than Slash! Tommy Stinson is a creative genius!

You're so full of shit.

In 10 years, they will only be remembered as a bad dream,.. something that we will pretend never happened. They will be non-existent to the history of Guns N' Roses.

Oh, and by the way..

Your insults seem to follow a pattern of homosexual themes concerning male fellatio..

It's awkward.

Think of something else next time you decide to be.. funny(?) :monkey:

-Kickingthehabit

ahahaha.

i mean i support the new band just as much as you do but..... you make a mockery of everyone who does.

you seem to think theyre better than the old band in comparison even with the one fucked up tour and no new album.

I've seen Finck live and he played everything just as good as Slash did, and I liked his stage presence a lot. Just because the guy isn't as well known and hasn't had the success Slash has, doesn't mean he's not as worthy as a musican.

Just because the guy isn't as well known and hasn't had the success Slash has, doesn't mean he's not as worthy as a musican.

A major part of being a good musician is being able to create signature music that people love.

Slash has a huge body of work to back-up his claim as a great guitarist.

Finck's claim to fame is that he's hung out and jammed with Axl Rose for a few years.

Maybe that will change in future. Maybe it won't.

I think they could definitely have their turn in the spotlight. all these big bands come around. U2 every couple of years. GNR could leapfrog these bands cos in my opinion they were more popular in the first place. U2 have been nailing for years in an unrelenting way. But GNR has that X factor. U2 also dont get many people that excited. GNR inspire riots.

Most of these bands arent even that big. Pearl Jam? Did they ever sell 35 million records? U2 aren't the real rock n roll deal. GNR are the shit. The biggest band of all time. Bigger than Zeppelin.

yeah they are the shit. but in Kerrang! 100 best Rock videos they were beat by Greenday. NR was 4 and American idiot was number 1. i think SCOM was around 80ish

Most of these bands arent even that big. Pearl Jam? Did they ever sell 35 million records? U2 aren't the real rock n roll deal. GNR are the shit. The biggest band of all time. Bigger than Zeppelin.

yeah they are the shit. but in Kerrang! 100 best Rock videos they were beat by Greenday. NR was 4 and American idiot was number 1. i think SCOM was around 80ish

as if american idiot is the best rock video it aint that great, just looks cool when that green paint crap tips out of the bucket, NR is the best..... i don't think thatt american idiot shoulda been in the top 10 for rock videos

ahahaha.

I've seen Finck live and he played everything just as good as Slash did, and I liked his stage presence a lot. Just because the guy isn't as well known and hasn't had the success Slash has, doesn't mean he's not as worthy as a musican.

Keep it up. You are taking no credibility to an all time low. George Bush has a higher approval rating than you do...which is really sad if you stop to think about it.

Multiple people that even support the new band point out how foolish you are, yet you still post away thinking you know better than all the people that weren't 6 when AFD came out. You have no clue what it is to be a GnR fan. More disappointment is heading your way...

I guess that will be a little bit hard but possible of course... he have 13 years out of the scene, tv shows and all that and the tickets to the concerts are sold in 8 minutes, without "chinese democracy" or something else... everybody can hear knoking or sweet child in any radio station ... if U2 stay quiet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, i hate bono´s face, everytime, everywhere, i´m not crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will G'n'R become the biggest band in the world again, after releasing "Chinese Democracy" and touring the world with the new material?

In the next few years... these are the bands that I think (outside of Guns N' Roses) that will be the biggest draws world-wide...

1) Rolling Stones

2) U2

3) Metallica

4) Pearl Jam

5) Bon Jovi

6) AC/DC

7) Iron Maiden

8) Red Hot Chili Peppers

9) Green Day

10) Coldplay

these are the bands that will sell the most records... or gain the most modern media exposure (popularity with the youth)...

1) Green Day

2) Coldplay

3) U2

4) Tool

5) Bon Jovi

6) Smashing Pumpkins

7) Red Hot Chili Peppers

8) Metallica

9) Audioslave

10) Aerosmith

you guys think its feasible for G'n'R to overcome the above adversity and gain the crown?

remember... to be the biggest band comes in two aspects... 1) to sell the most records & have the most media exposure 2) draw the biggest crowds

several of the above bands... such Rolling Stones, Maiden & AC/DC depend completely upon old material and are in essence grandeurized nostalgia acts today...

others... such as Pearl Jam & the Chili Peppers can no longer do much more than 1x platinum per new record...

I feel that Guns N' Roses ranks REAL high in terms of big bands that can STILL sell records as well as draw huge crowds even if they aren't #1 in ticket sales in itself.

This whole list is garbage for this generation, 90% of kids these days are wiggers and new put togthere bands are in.

I definitely feel that if axl stays with the schedule and doesnt fuck up by cancelling they will be the band that is back on top. they have the talent if they just give the fans what they pay for and dont ruin it.

If the first single and video are huge, CD will sell well. If the tour goes well, the new band will get exposure and money. If they have 3-4 singles that chart high, they may just become the biggest band in the world again. I love the guys but I don't realistically see it happening.

honestly, i don't care... they can be #967 band in the world as long as i get to listen the new album

Most intelligent thing ever said by a n00b

I agree, but we have to consider that if the album and tour fail the suits may pull the plug. They have a huge amount of money they must recoup and they can't afford to promote something that's not selling.