Can Guns N' Roses become the biggest band in the world AGAIN?

Madagascar88

I don't get why you all need GNR to dominate the world?

I'm sure you people adore other bands that never made it to level GNR did. I don't understand this "domination thing" I find absurd.

A band dominates the world if their music reaches as many people as possible, GNR had that worldwide, no doubt in my head that they will drop powerful things again. Absolutly NO DOUBT.

But does it mean "dominate the world again?" I couldn't care less. I'm not their accountant.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron Maiden as the #4 draw IN THE WORLD??

Get the fuck out of here with that. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, and the answer to this question is no. GNR's former level of popularity will never be approached again. That siad, they can still be successful. Just not as obscenely so.

yea... you're right... they don't do shit anymore in the U.S. ... but they are still humungous in Europe...

i moved them down to #6.

maiden are fourth for me. there doing a show in glasgow and im going to see it

So am I... It will be good. the crap thing is the gig is gonna be packed with Trivium heads :anger:

Guns n Roses hasn't been the biggest band in the world since 1991, the year grunge broke. By 1993 the band's popularity had declined big time: lineup changes, "One In A Million," album delays, riots, showing up late to gigs, "The Spaghetti Incident," the band was beginning to look like has beens in 1994. They were giants overseas. But here at home there star was fading. And at that point they still had 3 members from the "Appetite For Destruction" era band.

I don't think Guns N Roses can reach the heights they did from 1987-1990 because four out of five original players are missing. All that's left is Axl. The only thing that could happen (and it's a long shot) is that the music world will embrace this new version of Guns n Roses as much as they did the original. And find Robin, Richard, Tommy and Brain equally as enjoyable as the members they replaced.

I'd love to see it happen. For lightning to strike twice but that kind of success is hard to acheive once let along twice in one lifetime. I think it would be great to have Guns N Roses mach 2 at the top of the rock n roll heap and become as successful as the "Appetite/Illusion" era band. But I can name four reasons why that might be impossible: Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven (or Matt).

The band's you mentioned all have one thing in common Guns don't:

original band members... (I mean original in that they still have musicians from the band lineup they got famous with)

Rolling Stones (3 out of 5) and Brian Jones is dead.

U2: (4 out of 4)

Metallica (3 out of 4) Cliff Burton's dead.

Pearl Jam (4 out of 5)

Bon Jovi (4 out of 5)

AC/DC (4 out of 5) Bon Scott's dead.

Red Hot Chili Peppers (3 out of 4) their original guitarist is dead.

Aerosmith (5 out of 5)

And all of GnR's members are still alive so they really don't have an excuse.

I think audiences hate to be deceived. After Ace Frehley & Peter Criss left, Gene Simmons & Paul Stanley dared to dress up to hired guns as the Catman and Space Ace and toured as KISS. The tour went south.

I think people will show based on Guns name recognition but Axl's gonna have to present something new. And find four other personalities as intersting as his own to back him up. People think Guns is a one man show. But it's not true.

If it was true Mick Jagger's solo career would have been as successful as the Rolling Stone and Aerosmith with Steven Tyler & Jimmy Crespo would have topped the version with Joe Perry. No one wants to see Mick live without Keith Richards or Steven Tyler without Joe Perry.

Edited by 2000intentions

Guns n Roses hasn't been the biggest band in the world since 1991, the year grunge broke. By 1993 the band's popularity had declined big time: lineup changes, "One In A Million," album delays, riots, showing up late to gigs, "The Spaghetti Incident," the band was beginning to look like has beens in 1994. They were giants overseas. But here at home there star was fading. And at that point they still had 3 members from the "Appetite For Destruction" era band.

I don't think Guns N Roses can reach the heights they did from 1987-1990 because four out of five original players are missing. All that's left is Axl. The only thing that could happen (and it's a long shot) is that the music world will embrace this new version of Guns n Roses as much as they did the original. And find Robin, Richard, Tommy and Brain equally as enjoyable as the members they replaced.

I'd love to see it happen. For lightning to strike twice but that kind of success is hard to acheive once let along twice in one lifetime. I think it would be great to have Guns N Roses mach 2 at the top of the rock n roll heap and become as successful as the "Appetite/Illusion" era band. But I can name four reasons why that might be impossible: Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven (or Matt).

original band members... (I mean original in that they still have musicians from the band lineup they got famous with)

Pearl Jam (4 out of 5)

Bon Jovi (4 out of 5)

Aerosmith (5 out of 5)

I think audiences hate to be deceived. After Ace Frehley & Peter Criss left, Gene Simmons & Paul Stanley dared to dress up to hired guns as the Catman and Space Ace and toured as KISS. The tour went south.

I think people will show based on Guns name recognition but Axl's gonna have to present something new. And find four other personalities as intersting as his own to back him up. People think Guns is a one man show. But it's not true.

If it was true Mick Jagger's solo career would have been as successful as the Rolling Stone and Aerosmith with Steven Tyler & Jimmy Crespo would have topped the version with Joe Perry. No one wants to see Mick live without Keith Richards or Steven Tyler without Joe Perry.

rock4

Pearl Jam (4 out of 5)

Bon Jovi (4 out of 5)

Aerosmith (5 out of 5)

you hit the nail right on da head son! rock3

But Axl-lites will have you believe that Mr.Rose can strut out on stage with an unnamed guitarist and the crowd will buy it. I think this year will be a telling year whether the audience buys it or starts roaring for Slash to come back.

Some fans here are really delusional. They really believe GnR is a one-man show. It's unfortunate. GnR could easily become the biggest band in the world if they had the original lineup together. But now it's just anybody's guess what is going to go down....Axl is doing something that really has never been done before...

But Axl-lites will have you believe that Mr.Rose can strut out on stage with an unnamed guitarist and the crowd will buy it. I think this year will be a telling year whether the audience buys it or starts roaring for Slash to come back.

Some fans here are really delusional. They really believe GnR is a one-man show. It's unfortunate. GnR could easily become the biggest band in the world if they had the original lineup together. But now it's just anybody's guess what is going to go down....Axl is doing something that really has never been done before...

that's what makes it so great.

And this band is gonna rock.

When they perform in the first time in 4 years.

Welcome to the jungle..rock3

that's what makes it so great.

And this band is gonna rock.

When they perform in the first time in 4 years.

Welcome to the jungle..rock3

I'd love to believe you. I really want Axl to succeed, still love the guy even though he's not the same Axl he was 10 yrs back.

But with Finck backing him, I just don't see it happening. Atleast before buckethead was picking up the slack and giving us some Slash worthy riffs. Now the band just sucks musically. Finck is going to be handling the guitar duties and no guitar god like SLash or Buckethead?

The situation looks dire from a touring perspective my dear. IF they can get a kickass guitarist to tour...and Axl is confident and ready to rock, then yes they will put on some great shows for sure....

Well Hello Negative Nelly........

Some forum posters on here are really Delusional too......and Just because it Hasn't been done before

doesn't mean it can't be done.........When is the last time a DEMO made the charts?

I guess it's hard for you to encompass someone with the testicular Fortitude to NOT follow any "established"

patterns.......

There is Method in The Madness.....

"There's Nothing you can do that can't be done..."....Beatles

and please tell me those aren't Phil Collins Lyrics on your Sig.........

The Best Revenge is Success..........

WC

Some forum posters on here are really Delusional too......and Just because it Hasn't been done before

doesn't mean it can't be done.........When is the last time a DEMO made the charts?

I guess it's hard for you to encompass someone with the testicular Fortitude to NOT follow any "established"

patterns.......

WC

Well if it isn't my dear friend Warchild...the forum poet himself. I am honored by thy presence. I never said it can't be done, I said what will happen is anybody's guess. The reason I'm willing to bet it hasn't been done before is because *most* artists have the dignity and confidence to go under a different name if they are no longer with the original band members. They want to prove to others they can succeed on their own. Mr. Rose is using an established name to do that. I think we both can agree there are a vast majority of casual fans who probably believe the original band are still together and are not in the know like us. The frontmen who did try to do their own thing like Steven Tyler or kiss which replaced a few band members failed commercially and were forced to regroup with the original band. So yeah so far it's an uphill battle for Axl. If anyone can do it, it's him.

But I have just one question. Why? Why did it even have to be done in the first place? It's a sad day when a man breaks up the greatest band ever just to get his sole vision across under a band's name. I wish he just released a solo album and kept the band together. That's really my problem Warchild. Even if you don't agree with it, Im sure you can atleast understand that.

Yeah we've had 10 years to deal with it, but Axl's finally coming out with a new band and there are a lot of disgruntled fans he's going to have to win over. Ultimately that is where the line between Axl Rose fans and GnR fans are drawn. The latter will have to be won over by Axl. I wish him the best of luck, like I said, he has an uphill battle...but if anyone can do it...it's him.

And yes...that is Phil Collins' lyrics. I have a varied taste in music and don't shy away from an artist just because their names become synonymous with generic radio fodder. At one time he was a great artist. "In the Air tonight" is widely recognized as a classic, and rightfully so. It's also the defining song in Miami Vice, which is why it's in my sig.

Goodnight, Im out...

patterns.......

WC

Well if it isn't my dear friend Warchild...the forum poet himself. I am honored by thy presence. I never said it can't be done, I said what will happen is anybody's guess. The reason I'm willing to bet it hasn't been done before is because *most* artists have the dignity and confidence to go under a different name if they are no longer with the original band members. They want to prove to others they can succeed on their own. Mr. Rose is using an established name to do that. I think we both can agree there are a vast majority of casual fans who probably believe the original band are still together and are not in the know like us. The frontmen who did try to do their own thing like Steven Tyler or kiss which replaced a few band members failed commercially and were forced to regroup with the original band. So yeah so far it's an uphill battle for Axl. If anyone can do it, it's him.

But I have just one question. Why? Why did it even have to be done in the first place? It's a sad day when a man breaks up the greatest band ever just to get his sole vision across under a band's name. I wish he just released a solo album and kept the band together. That's really my problem Warchild. Even if you don't agree with it, Im sure you can atleast understand that.

Yeah we've had 10 years to deal with it, but Axl's finally coming out with a new band and there are a lot of disgruntled fans he's going to have to win over. Ultimately that is where the line between Axl Rose fans and GnR fans are drawn. The latter will have to be won over by Axl. I wish him the best of luck, like I said, he has an uphill battle...but if anyone can do it...it's him.

And yes...that is Phil Collins' lyrics. I have a varied taste in music and don't shy away from an artist just because their names become synonymous with generic radio fodder. At one time he was a great artist. "In the Air tonight" is widely recognized as a classic, and rightfully so. It's also the defining song in Miami Vice, which is why it's in my sig.

Goodnight, Im out...

Thank you for addressing me in a somewhat "Biblical" manner......and to be called the forum Poet is no

insult.........people are gifted at different things....and I am a wordsmith, and good at it......

As far as the amount of Time it took......The Eagles took 14 years between Albums.......

And, Didn't David Gilmour TOUR under the name "Pink Floyd" when he was NO part of founding the group?

Guns N' Roses IS touring, under that name, and it has nothing to do with your definition of Dignity or

Confidence........

The Nasty Remark about who "broke up" the band is your Speculation and Assumption......

and I for one happen to LIKE Robin Finck and his guitar work.......I would save all Judgement until you have

properly assessed the entire situation, although your point of view is skewed by your obvious predjudices.

Sincerily,

WARCHILD

W.Axl.Rose is a legend in his time and will be for years to come.

Yes GnR can become the biggest band in the world - thats my opinion and if you don't like it you can fuck right off you bastards.

Long live Axl Rose and GnR you mother fuckers - please excuse that moment i just had expresso.

Still fuck the haters < get a fucking job or get laid you rancid fucking arse hair.

Just kidding guys or am i?!

Good Morning Dr.GOAB.......

Nice Post!

You have such a way with words, I stand in awe....

I hope all the doubters and haters refer to your perscription for asshole removal........!!

KUDOS!

Dr.Warchild M.D.

No I don't think they can or will.

Well, that was a long thought out dissortation..........full of facts and such an "Interesting" read....

and you KNOW what opinions are like?

This IS a GnR Forum, just to clue you in.......

WARCHILD

depends how good the cd will be. i mean i know im going to like the cd because its axl, but if gnr going to rule the world again the cd must be good. so yes i think they will be the greatest band in world again:)