Can Guns N' Roses become the biggest band in the world AGAIN?

Madagascar88

No I don't think they can or will.

This IS a GnR Forum, just to clue you in.......

WARCHILD

It doesn't mean we have to let our brain outside before logging in...

Take that advice and heal thyself........from thy cereberal Fornication.........

Get someone to translate that for you, scooter.......

the most holy Reverend Warchild

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA this thread is funny.

GNR Imo are the most anticipated band on the planet right now. With that comes lot of baggage i guess. Imagine the pressure on Axl right now to succeed. You ask anyone if they have heard about GNR and they say yes. If you then ask them about CHIDEM the mostly say yes..

Will GNR be the biggest band in the world again? Hmm i'd say of course. What other band has a history like GNR? What other band has the best front man rock has EVER produced? Axl has everything he needs right now to return and be great again but in a different way. I dont want another Appetite album. I want GNR's music to evolve as the members grow with their lives and music. You cant sing about Heroin and fucking all your life! Besides most talented people like Axl can make good music from anything! Especially personal experiences.

A reunion? Well i guess thats a long way off but can you imagine the hysteria if just Slash returned? Axl AND Slash.. Jes.. that would be huge but Axl does NOT need Slash to be successful. I've heard the new songs and i fucking love them without Slash but in my opinion Slash would bring something new and exciting to these songs if given the chance. I still think the REAL album versions of these leaked tracks will be amazing! The Demo's are just that. DEMOS. What this world really needs is a mighty kick up the fucking arse and Axl Rose wll deliver it. rock3

WARCHILD

Take that advice and heal thyself........from thy cereberal Fornication.........

C'est fini le temps des poètes. Aujouird'hui je dors.

WARCHILD

C'est fini le temps des poètes. Aujouird'hui je dors.

oh, resorting to another tongue? No Problemo......

Du ist ein Schiestkauph!

Guten Abend mein herren und damen.....

In Vino Veritas!

Puta!

Au reviour!

WARCHILD

will G'n'R become the biggest band in the world again, after releasing "Chinese Democracy" and touring the world with the new material?

In the next few years... these are the bands that I think (outside of Guns N' Roses) that will be the biggest draws world-wide...

1) Rolling Stones

2) U2

3) Metallica

4) Pearl Jam

5) Bon Jovi

6) AC/DC

7) Iron Maiden

8) Red Hot Chili Peppers

9) Green Day

10) Coldplay

these are the bands that will sell the most records... or gain the most modern media exposure (popularity with the youth)...

1) Green Day

2) Coldplay

3) U2

4) Tool

5) Bon Jovi

6) Smashing Pumpkins

7) Red Hot Chili Peppers

8) Metallica

9) Audioslave

10) Aerosmith

you guys think its feasible for G'n'R to overcome the above adversity and gain the crown?

remember... to be the biggest band comes in two aspects... 1) to sell the most records & have the most media exposure 2) draw the biggest crowds

several of the above bands... such Rolling Stones, Maiden & AC/DC depend completely upon old material and are in essence grandeurized nostalgia acts today...

others... such as Pearl Jam & the Chili Peppers can no longer do much more than 1x platinum per new record...

I feel that Guns N' Roses ranks REAL high in terms of big bands that can STILL sell records as well as draw huge crowds even if they aren't #1 in ticket sales in itself.

are AC/DC still playing? thought they had retired....

First I don't think they will drop in where they left off. I think they have to do some building by doing the smaller venues. I don't think your going to see them being in the clubs but I don't see Giants stadium either...not yet. There is a new reality to get used to and that this is not your fathers GNR! This version no doubt will have a different persona. I doubt that the headbangers of america are going to rally around songs like MAdagascar and The Blues ,CITR ect for a fist in the air stomping good time like it was when they tore the stadiums apart. Hope Im dead wrong

Sure, GN'R can be the biggest again, but it's dependent on a number of things. For starters, Chinese Democracy has to be a success, both critically and commercially. Another issue is that there can be NO MORE cancelled shows, and the people won't tolerate Axl's tardiness, either. I would also think there has to be some kind of interaction available between the band and their fans. Having the official website up and running would be a good place to begin. A lot of GN'R's success will also come down to who's in the band. The more originals, the better, but it's important to have a band that isn't constantly rotating its' members.

• 2 weeks later...