Greatest Rock Vocalists?

Sportyboy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Axls voice is perfect for rock music. I mean Axl is on of the best rock frontman and has the best rock voice I ever have heard from a rockband. Agree? How other rock vocalists do you think are better or as good as Axl?

i think this is the wrong section......

however yes, Axl Rose is the best vocalist and frontman ever, in my opinion.

Other i like is Mr. Mercury and Elvis, they have GREAT voices too. but cant compare to Axl, hes the king offcourse

I think Axls voice is perfect for rock music. I mean Axl is on of the best rock frontman and has the best rock voice I ever have heard from a rockband. Agree? How other rock vocalists do you think are better or as good as Axl?

Are we talking live or in studio? Only considering singing: in studio, he's awesome...live, not so good.

Are we talking live or in studio? Only considering singing: in studio, he's awesome...live, not so good.

some of his stuff live is total crap RIR2 for example

Edited by ssiscool

I thougt booth studie and live. His voice in studio is awsome, thats true! I think his voice live is up and down. Some days very good and some days not so good.

some of his stuff live is total crap RIR2 for example

This is exactly why I respect your opinions, even if I don't always agree with them. You are a fan and supporter, yet you can look at Axl objectively enough to admit he has weaknesses.

Best frontman yes - right up there with Steven Tyler/DL Roth/Springsteen/Jim Morrison for stage presence, charisma etc rock3

Best singer no - that would be Freddie Mercury, Robert Plant, Layne Staley, Chris Cornell. Axl's not in that league imo. rock3

umm, axl is better than cornell and stanley, id say 3 way tie between plant mercury and axl

Lynott

Mercury

Rose

Patton

Bono

Presley

In my opinion, I'm sure I'm missing loads but they spring immediately to mind

also I'm confining my list to Rock and or pop genres

Shit yeah, I missed Bono off my list! :o

UK SUBS.

Hes not that good.

Lynott

Mercury

Rose

Patton

Bono

Presley

In my opinion, I'm sure I'm missing loads but they spring immediately to mind

also I'm confining my list to Rock and or pop genres

Shit yeah, I missed Bono off my list! :o

UK SUBS.

whatever you can say about him he can sing, everyone I picked in that list is not only technically profficent but also distinctive, they sing with a very unique flavour, something lost on these new retro rock bands with their bland monotone singing or bands like coldplay who learned the neat trick of singing every song sad/pensively, doesn't cut it for me

But if it makes you feel any better I forgot Bowie ;)

Edited by Mr Estranged

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Let's take a glance at the topic title and talk about vocalists instead of frontmen, is this just another way to go out of your way to praise Axl or what?

Layne Staley was the most powerful rock vocalist ever, I never really liked Cornell so much (since they are always weighed against eachother). Freddie Mercury could do some things vocally that few others could.

I would say the greatest was Jeff Buckley however, or atleast he's the most gifted vocalist you could classify as "rock".