Best Things About GNR

gnrdoug

There's this thing about GN'R, part of it is definitely Axl's voice, listening to him singing even without the music is more entertaining than any other vocalist, it's a very unique voice.

The other thing is a spark about the music, I used to think it was due to Izzy and Slash, but the new songs have proven me wrong, I think Axl is probably the main creative source behind both lineups. Or maybe that spark is actually Dizzy, because, to be frank, I outlistened AFD, and got bored with it, the UYI records are better, period.

Overall, it's the uniqueness and entertainment value with this band, when, in the last 30 years, most mainstream music sounded somewhat alike.

There's this thing about GN'R, part of it is definitely Axl's voice, listening to him singing even without the music is more entertaining than any other vocalist, it's a very unique voice.

The other thing is a spark about the music, I used to think it was due to Izzy and Slash, but the new songs have proven me wrong, I think Axl is probably the main creative source behind both lineups. Or maybe that spark is actually Dizzy, because, to be frank, I outlistened AFD, and got bored with it, the UYI records are better, period.

Overall, it's the uniqueness and entertainment value with this band, when, in the last 30 years, most mainstream music sounded somewhat alike.

NICE POST

GOOD LUCK WITH THE FLAMES

GODSPEED

I'll go with this.

Dizzy=GNR rock3

All kidding aside, I appreciate your thoughts (though I'm not sold on the new music yet). You don't just make blanket statements, but you make a statement and back it up with why it works for you. Plus, you do it in a way that doesn't offend people that like the original GnR more. Well done.

I'll go with this.

Dizzy=GNR rock3

All kidding aside, I appreciate your thoughts (though I'm not sold on the new music yet). You don't just make blanket statements, but you make a statement and back it up with why it works for you. Plus, you do it in a way that doesn't offend people that like the original GnR more. Well done.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Remember that, for demos, these songs are very, very good. I've read your posts, and you seem on the border, unable to decide if they are excellent, or just average. I was just like you when I first heard them, but after much listening I came to appreciate the fact, that, well, they are demos, and once they're finished, they would sound a ton better, considering the fact that they would already satisfy me at this stage if put on CD.

Of course, I've been waiting for 4 years, not 14 like some others, so I have somewhat lesser expectations.

I'll go with this.

Dizzy=GNR rock3

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Remember that, for demos, these songs are very, very good. I've read your posts, and you seem on the border, unable to decide if they are excellent, or just average. I was just like you when I first heard them, but after much listening I came to appreciate the fact, that, well, they are demos, and once they're finished, they would sound a ton better, considering the fact that they would already satisfy me at this stage if put on CD.

Of course, I've been waiting for 4 years, not 14 like some others, so I have somewhat lesser expectations.

Yeah, I'm not sold yet, but I do recognize the potential is there. I am going to wait to judge until CD is released. I will buy it and make a decision on how good it is at that point. Judging an artist based off of unfinished material isn't fair.

Edited by hartjh14

Yeah, I'm not sold yet, but I do recognize the potential is there. I am going to wait to judge until CD is released. I will buy it and make a decision on how good it is at that point. Judging an artist based off of unfinished material isn't fair.

That's the main problem with this forum. The Axlites/Nu-GnR fans are basing their undying love and support on half a dozen unfinished leaked demos and a few live shows from a failed tour four years ago! It's utterly ridiculous. At least wait until Chinese Democracy is actually released and the new line up has proven itself on a 2006 tour before you jump on the bandwagon. It's totally disrespectful to the original members of the band and the fans who have been there with them every step of the way to pre-judge such an unknown entity as better than what has already established itself as one of the all-time greats. :anger:

Edited by Reality Check

Robin and Richard - Probably the best guitar duo in rock right now

Rock is dead then.

Well, the good news is that the person claiming they are the best has zero credibility. Rock isn't dead, it's just taking a break until Axl realizes that he's killing it.

Rock is dead, and I'm sure Axl not releasing music has killed rock :rolleyes: Music doesn't take a break, it goes with the trends, and rock isn't a trend at this point. Unless you count power chord hacks as rock. Good luck with that new wave trend then :sleeper:

• 2 weeks later...

what makes me a fan

the way gn'r didnt give a shit what any1 else thought they pissed off who ever they wanted when ever they wanted the whole outa controll band crap axl's antics although it would piss me off if he didnt show at a concert i went to see slash's wicked quitar style SOMETIMES axl's ideas just the trio of slash axl n' duff will never be duplicated they or axl can try but they wont plus they made fuckin awsome music and liked fuckin awsome bands them selves and axl hates kurt cobain

rock1 rock3 rock1 i'd say it's axl, his voice, his attitude, the music, and slsh if he can get his damn act together

and oh yeah i got third row seats to the GNR show in NYC whoooo hoooo!!!!

Did I read that right? Slash needs to get his act together? Is that a typo?