Anyone notice something about the NYC Dates?

brock landers

May 13th, Saturday is left open...

I am SURE they are considering playing the SNL season finale that night and didn't schedule a show because of it! They are blocks away from where the show is taped too.

Anyone else share this opinion? Maybe i am wrong and the ballroom was already booked that night, otherwise, its SNL!!!

May 13th, Saturday is left open...

I am SURE they are considering playing the SNL season finale that night and didn't schedule a show because of it! They are blocks away from where the show is taped too.

Anyone else share this opinion? Maybe i am wrong and the ballroom was already booked that night, otherwise, its SNL!!!

interesting.. but I'm sure they will not do this before the drop date is set

Well if SNL is good enough for Pearl Jam, Metallica, U2 multiple times, GNR needs to use it too. They should have been on back in 91! Anyone remember Kiddie Rock? That was a great skit Keifer Sutherland did when he hosted, he was Slash and Sandler did his Axl Rose...

Well if SNL is good enough for Pearl Jam, Metallica, U2 multiple times, GNR needs to use it too. They should have been on back in 91! Anyone remember Kiddie Rock? That was a great skit Keifer Sutherland did when he hosted, he was Slash and Sandler did his Axl Rose...

lol, sandler does an awsome kohd

It also wouldn't make sense for them to do it now when they're leaving the continent to go to Europe.

The SMART thing (if a SNL appearance was on the cards) would be to do it when they come BACK from Europe and can capitalize on the publicity.

What would they say? "Hey, we're GNR, but we have no album out and we're off to Europe for a while. Look for us when we get back"??

I always thought it was taped at the same time as it's aired. Hence the use of the word "Live" in "Saturday Night Live". Also why Ashlee Simpson's lip synching made it to air.

This could happen I suppose. Though as Howard2K said, the timing right now may not be right.

Hang on, the show's called Saturday Night Live is it not. Shouldn't it be live? What a con! Although didn't Ashley -whatserface- Simpson screw up on it performing "live"? Someone clarify please. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong show.

EDIT: He said it first^^

Edited by Zephyrus

there's a reason for the one day break between both sets of WARM UP shows...

Axl's throat

yea thats a good reason!!! i dont know but everything looks weird to me.I think they planned it.you know 2 concerts in monday and tuesday and the good ones in the weekend

alright- maybe i'm thinking of like- jay leno or some other 'live' shows that are taped during the day and air that night or some bullshit like that...and it's only called live cuz it's in front of a 'live' audience

SNL is filmed and aired LIVE if it is a new episode.

It is replayed on the west coast.

That Saturday is the season finale to be aired LIVE!!!!!!!

That is the only date where the musical guest has not been announced.

I predict it WILL BE GNR!!!!!!!!

Letterman, Leno are filmed in front of a live audience but aired late night on the same day it was filmed.

there's a reason for the one day break between both sets of WARM UP shows...

Axl's throat

yea thats a good reason!!! i dont know but everything looks weird to me.I think they planned it.you know 2 concerts in monday and tuesday and the good ones in the weekend

Are Monday and Wednesday nights cheaper at the Hammerstein than Friday and Sunday nights? Maybe the Friday and Sunday nights were kept in reserve for that reason.

There were certainly "reserved" and planned. But the actual final decision was probably made after the success of the Monday and Wednesday sales.

Edited by Howard2k

alright- maybe i'm thinking of like- jay leno or some other 'live' shows that are taped during the day and air that night or some bullshit like that...and it's only called live cuz it's in front of a 'live' audience

SNL is filmed and aired LIVE if it is a new episode.

It is replayed on the west coast.

That Saturday is the season finale to be aired LIVE!!!!!!!

That is the only date where the musical guest has not been announced.

I predict it WILL BE GNR!!!!!!!!

Letterman, Leno are filmed in front of a live audience but aired late night on the same day it was filmed.

Damn!!!

I think you may be onto something. I know what I'll be watching that Saturday night.

I predict they'd announce the musical guest ahead of air time though, especially if Slash is back. That will be known 24 hours before SNL airs, so I'm sure they'd love to promote it.

I know, I know...it may not even be GN'R. If nothing else, Zorain's post is pretty intriguing.

SNL is taped live and then rebroadcasted later in the west coast. Some skits are taped before, but not all of them.

Letterman, Conan and Leno are taped earlier. I think Kimmel is taped at 10 or very close to the airtime.

Leno only tapes live in new year, but i dont think will happen again soon since the vince neil incident.

sorry- snl is pre-taped and i'm pretty sure that this show's been taped already

LOL

the show is LIVE dipshit!

Thats why its called SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE...

the musical act is announced about a week or two before hand, Tom Hanks And RHCP are the guests on May 6th, they haven't announced the host and musical guest for the finalie yet.

Edited by brock landers