For Those Who Support Axl's New Band ..

ksks12

For those who blindly support the new band: GOOD FOR YOU. But please be aware: GNR is one of the biggest band because of the music that Izzy(mostly), Axl and Slash wrote (Duff had a minor part except the main riff of PC). So if Slash, Izzy or anyone of them decided to leave at one point its their right; because its their band. And if they reach some kind of agreement among them now, its a normal thing, because again: ITS THEIR BAND.So with all the respect to anyone who MIGHT be in the band right now, they are not (and I think they are aware of it) and never will be truly associated to GNR.

I just have few questions for you die-hard new GNR fans:

1. What exactly are you fans of: those 4,5 new songs, did those convert you in to being such a big fan

2. Are you fans of Axl and only Axl and no one else

3. Do you like the soundboards of 02 shows so much (than again they played mostly AFD-songs and 3 new ones)

4. Do you like the way the band played the old songs (i agree they are technically better musicians), but than again I like NIN, but wouldnt care if Reznors song were sung by some greater-better singer who would put much less emotions in it.

So Richard might be a great guy, musician and all, BUT PLEASE BE AWARE HE IS A STUDIO RECORDING/TOURING MUSICIAN, THATS WHY YOU CANT COMPARE HIM TO IZZY OR SLASH WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT GUNS N ROSES FOR GODSSAKE!

And when you talk about living in the past, why dont you come in the present time, find some new band that you like because if you only like this new version of GNR(by the amount of posts some make here every day it truly seems that way) :rofl-lol: , you my friends are really the sad ones.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who blindly support the new band: GOOD FOR YOU. But please be aware: GNR is one of the biggest band because of the music that Izzy(mostly), Axl and Slash wrote (Duff had a minor part except the main riff of PC). So if Slash, Izzy or anyone of them decided to leave at one point its their right; because its their band. And if they reach some kind of agreement among them now, its a normal thing, because again: ITS THEIR BAND.So with all the respect to anyone who MIGHT be in the band right now, they are not (and I think they are aware of it) and never will be truly associated to GNR.

I just have few questions for you die-hard new GNR fans:

1. What exactly are you fans of: those 4,5 new songs, did those convert you in to being such a big fan

3. Do you like the soundboards of 02 shows so much (than again they played mostly AFD-songs and 3 new ones)

4. Do you like the way the band played the old songs (i agree they are technically better musicians), but than again I like NIN, but wouldnt care if Reznors song were sung by some greater-better singer who would put much less emotions in it.

So Richard might be a great guy, musician and all, BUT PLEASE BE AWARE HE IS A STUDIO RECORDING/TOURING MUSICIAN, THATS WHY YOU CANT COMPARE HIM TO IZZY OR SLASH WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT GUNS N ROSES FOR GODSSAKE!

And when you talk about living in the past, why dont you come in the present time, find some new band that you like because if you only like this new version of GNR(by the amount of posts some make here every day it truly seems that way) :rofl-lol: , you my friends are really the sad ones.

I don't blindly support the new band. I've seen them, and I like all of the new songs from both the 2002 tour and the leaks. IMO most of them are just as strong as the old guns material. Where did I say I didn't like the old band?

Well to answer your questions

I am a fan of Guns N' Roses. I've been a fan since I was about 11 which was 1991. i was disappointed when Slash left in 1996, and surprsied to see Axl come back in 2001/2002 with Guns N' Roses. I went to the Pittsburgh show in 2002, probably the best musical night of my life. I think the musicans in the band now are all just as talented if not moreso than the guys they replaced. Thats not a diss to the old guys either.

Not at all. I happen to like all of the members in the band, and a lot of the ex-members, especially Izzy. he is the only ex-gunner whose solo material is worth going after and buying.

Yes, some great shows were played in 2002. I love most of the versions of the AFD songs and I think the new songs all have a lot of potential.

Yes most of them. Theres a few I could do without. And you are admitting these are techincally better musicans then their predecessors. I see it too. There is a lot of talent in GNR right now.

Personally, I'd rather stop the comparisons between the old and the new. But when I see people ragging on the band simply because "these guys aren't slash", I'm going to defend them. They are my band. I'm traveling 2,500 miles to see them play.

Some of you simply need to accept the fact that the old band is gone, and the members were replaced, and thats who GNR is NOW. For christs sake its been over 10 years now I can't beleive people are actually making posts like this questioning why we support the band. What are you doing here?

(i agree they are technically better musicians),

I don't think so. Finck and Fortus fall short of being as good as Slash, TECHNICALLY !

Stinson is OK, but I'm not impressed. I prefer Duff's style, actually.

The old songs lost their hard-edge played by Axl's new band. Listen to the new version of You Could Be Mine : they simply can't play it ! It's dull !

(i agree they are technically better musicians),

I don't think so. Finck and Fortus fall short of being as good as Slash, TECHNICALLY !

Stinson is OK, but I'm not impressed. I prefer Duff's style, actually.

The old songs lost their hard-edge played by Axl's new band. Listen to the new version of You Could Be Mine : they simply can't play it ! It's dull !

Have you seen the band?

If you dont like the band, go listen to your DVDs of the old band. That will make you happy, and maybe you can shut the fuck up and leave those of us who do like them alone :rolleyes: Its bullshit for us to get criticized for liking GNR on *gulp* a GNR forum.

About your credibility;

these are your top ten GNR moments:

QUOTE(Axls_Disillusion @ Dec 25 2005, 09:43 AM)

The release of Oh My God

The warm up shows in Vegas (GNRs first shows in years)

Rock in rio 3

Playing in China 2002

Leeds festival 2002

VMAs 2002

Vancouver riots

2002 tour

MSG show

Philly riots, cancellation of tour

Buckethead leavin the band

IRS leak

Ennuf said, go home!

About your credibility;

The release of Oh My God

Rock in rio 3

Playing in China 2002

Leeds festival 2002

VMAs 2002

Vancouver riots

2002 tour

MSG show

IRS leak

Ennuf said, go home!

Top 10 GNR moments with the current lineup, yep yep.

About your credibility;

The release of Oh My God

Rock in rio 3

Playing in China 2002

Leeds festival 2002

VMAs 2002

Vancouver riots

2002 tour

MSG show

IRS leak

Ennuf said, go home!

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Yeah Axldisillusion, I saw BOTH bands live.

About your credibility;

The release of Oh My God

Rock in rio 3

Playing in China 2002

Leeds festival 2002

VMAs 2002

Vancouver riots

2002 tour

MSG show

IRS leak

Ennuf said, go home!

And now you lie:http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=58352&st=0

About your credibility;

The release of Oh My God

Rock in rio 3

Playing in China 2002

Leeds festival 2002

VMAs 2002

Vancouver riots

2002 tour

MSG show

IRS leak

Ennuf said, go home!

And now you lie:http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=58352&st=0

No, I was simply showing support for the current lineup.

but you still haven't answered my questions.

Great post. There are a lot of "fans" who hate Guns N'Roses and just like Axl's new band.

You are mixed up. "Axl's new band" IS Guns N' Roses now. And I dont think anyone HATES the old lineup. You people will stop at nothing to show your discontent with the current lineup. I say you should fuck off and just go to the original GNR section if you can't respect the band as it is now.

If the question is what am I doing here, I really wouldnt lower myself to that level of comunication.

I think you shouldnt be allowed to post here because of your lack of the respect to the ppl that made GNR what they are now. Obviously the mods here are the ones whose integrity should also be questioned .

You do realize that this section, the Guns N' Roses discussion section means the current lineup? If it didn't, I dont think Eric would have put an Original GNR section or a place to discuss the former members. You do realize this is a fan forum, and that people are going to support the band? What doesn't make sense is the folks like you and Niveen who constantly bash the band and always compare them to the former members, whining that the former members need to come back. Thats a slap in the face to the band we are here to support, IMO.

If you haven't accepted that all the old members left, in fact on their own accord, years and years ago.. I dont know what else to tell you. But you are posting on a fan forum for GNR, and its 2006.

I'm not disrespecting anyone from the band, old or new.

You do realize that this section, the Guns N' Roses discussion section means the current lineup? If it didn't, I dont think Eric would have put an Original GNR section or a place to discuss the former members. You do realize this is a fan forum, and that people are going to support the band? What doesn't make sense is the folks like you and Niveen who constantly bash the band and always compare them to the former members, whining that the former members need to come back. Thats a slap in the face to the band we are here to support, IMO.

If you haven't accepted that all the old members left, in fact on their own accord, years and years ago.. I dont know what else to tell you. But you are posting on a fan forum for GNR, and its 2006.

well said.

You CONSTANTLY rag on the old band. If you showed respect to both old AND new, that'd be one thing. But you rip Slash, Duff every chance u can get, and don't give credit where credit is due. And I don't see how you think the old and new won't be compared; the new version is playing songs made LEGENDARY by the original band.

You CONSTANTLY rag on the old band. If you showed respect to both old AND new, that'd be one thing. But you rip Slash, Duff every chance u can get, and don't give credit where credit is due. And I don't see how you think the old and new won't be compared; the new version is playing songs made LEGENDARY by the original band.

Thats not true. I love the old band. I might rag on Slash a little bit for various reasons, but you wont see me knock anything he did in GNR aside from the last couple years when he did his snakepit thing. And I've rarely said anything negative about Duff. I like Duff, he's a fuckin legend. Hell Slash is a legend. I dont deny that, I give them credit for what they did in the band, I've never discredited them.

But it matters not, those guys aren't even in the band now. I stuck by this band, and the people who are in it, and I always will.

Very nicely put. :D:D

Good post.

There is no band. Just Axl with hired people. They don't even have the right to talk !

if you don't like the band then why are you here?

And I think it's very much a band.

Really? Than pls tell me who is in the band.How many albums they have made so far?Again what are you a fan of? The name GUNS N ROSES is a lot more than you think it is and it surely isnt what you think it is. At the end of the day you all listen to the MUSIC of the old band.