For Those Who Support Axl's New Band ..

ksks12

To say that Axl is GNR is ludicrous. While he may take credit as the principal songwriter on many of the old tracks, he didn't play every instrument, he didn't write every base line or guitar chord. He's not Prince for God's sake.

What would the old line up be like without Axl? it definitly wouldn't be the same at all. He is the main ingredient of Guns n Roses old and new.

Right on.. someone said earlier in the thread (i dont feel like going back and finding it) that the main draw for this band is Axl. But all things considered, wasn't that the case in 1992 as well?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct if I'm wrong. But has there been any official info about any GNR members quit?!?

Correct if Iam wrong.Has there been any official info about the line-up status of the band. Richard has removed his tour dates, Tommy acting weird on the radio show, Dizzy is (no I wont go there)...

Yeh right... Rumours and speculations. You don't get enough of them in Guns n' Roses world.

ksks12, don't post in this section if you don't like GNR's current lineup. Maybe you should find your way to a VR forum. If you have any other childish personal arguments to settle, please do so in PM form.

If everyone respect each others opinions and follow our simple forum rules there should be no problems.

Many posts in this thread are very extreme in way or another. Just pointless bashing about who's been a fan longest and who knows more.

Personally I support all members of GN'R, both past and present. Im interested in all they do.

The 12th of May we'll hopefully have some answers.

Personal and childish? Please quote one of each please.

And the fact that in all this thread you pointed out my points of view, rather than AXL_DISILLUSIONALs says a lot about your ability to embrace the arguments and points of view that arent yours truly. The current line-up you said? What if I write about a current line-up right now. DO YOU KNOW WHO IS A MEMBER RIGHT NOW AT THIS MOMENT? If you do please share with us. And Jack 99 please dont hide behind your status, cause in my eyes you were never a worthy debate partner.

Theres too many arguments about Old Vs New. Everyday its the same, ''stop living in the past'' or ''new band are not as technically good as old''

I dont see any point in debating this. Will it bring the old band back if you talk about them enough? No it wont. I would like to see a reunion as much as anybody here but I dont go on and on about the old band, the chances are a reunion is probably not going to happen, so there is no point in comparing the old and new bands, because the new is all anybody should be interested in at this moment in time.

Lets give our support to Axl and the current Guns N' Roses lineup and stop these pointless threads.

Theres too many arguments about Old Vs New. Everyday its the same, ''stop living in the past'' or ''new band are not as technically good as old''

I dont see any point in debating this. Will it bring the old band back if you talk about them enough? No it wont. I would like to see a reunion as much as anybody here but I dont go on and on about the old band, the chances are a reunion is probably not going to happen, so there is no point in comparing the old and new bands, because the new is all anybody should be interested in at this moment in time.

Lets give our support to Axl and the current Guns N' Roses lineup and stop these pointless threads.

great post. You have my respect.

As much as it pains me too admit,I totally agree on that! Lets all just wait and see.

Exactly, their pointless. Its stupid to compare them. :book:

Exactly, their pointless. Its stupid to compare them. :book:

Your right. There's no point in comparing them, especially because they play COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TYPES OF ROCK!!!.

You do realize that this section, the Guns N' Roses discussion section means the current lineup? If it didn't, I dont think Eric would have put an Original GNR section or a place to discuss the former members. You do realize this is a fan forum, and that people are going to support the band? What doesn't make sense is the folks like you and Niveen who constantly bash the band and always compare them to the former members, whining that the former members need to come back. Thats a slap in the face to the band we are here to support, IMO.

If you haven't accepted that all the old members left, in fact on their own accord, years and years ago.. I dont know what else to tell you. But you are posting on a fan forum for GNR, and its 2006.

I'm not disrespecting anyone from the band, old or new.

You should really stop posting here while somebody still thinks you have a clue.

GNR is one of the biggest band because of the music that Izzy(mostly),

some of you gays pisses me off :fuckyou:

It was AXL MOSTLY...argh fucking loooooosers...OMG..

LISTEN TO ALAN NIVEN vice man!!!

Izzy Stradlin was the main songwriter in the band called GNR.If you didnt know that I pitty you.And the ones who call the other ones gays usually arent so sure about their own sexuality.Listen to the wise man.

:no: so youre saying that Izzy was the one who contribute with the most...

Its not true..Well which songs do you like the most axl newest songs or Izzys...

I havent heard Izzys solo project dident know he had one and no one else does only guitar dudes.

I bet Axls songs 10000000better...

If Axl dropped the name GnR, 75% of the "supporters" wouldn't be so supportive...that is what is sad about this. You people go around saying you support Guns n Roses, but you don't even seem to know what Guns n Roses is, much less what it was.

Yeah, there really does seem to be a lot of senseless hype for this new band, and mostly because Axl Rose is the lead singer. But I like the new band, its cool. But there is no way it will be any better than the old band, NO FUCKING WAY. The origional GNR cant be topped by these guys, even if Axl is singing for them. Thats my 2 cents.

there is no way it will be any better than the old band, NO FUCKING WAY. The origional GNR cant be topped by these guys, even if Axl is singing for them. Thats my 2 cents.

Does it matter? Stop it with the comparisons already. It doesnt fuckin matter if the new band cant top the old. GNR will be back and thats all we want!

Izzy Stradlin was the main songwriter in the band called GNR.If you didnt know that I pitty you.And the ones who call the other ones gays usually arent so sure about their own sexuality.Listen to the wise man.

Its not true..Well which songs do you like the most axl newest songs or Izzys...

I havent heard Izzys solo project dident know he had one and no one else does only guitar dudes.

If Axl dropped the name GnR, 75% of the "supporters" wouldn't be so supportive...that is what is sad about this. You people go around saying you support Guns n Roses, but you don't even seem to know what Guns n Roses is, much less what it was.

Ignore Revesokken, its obvious he's a NuGnR fan rather than a GNR fan...

there is no way it will be any better than the old band, NO FUCKING WAY. The origional GNR cant be topped by these guys, even if Axl is singing for them. Thats my 2 cents.

Does it matter? Stop it with the comparisons already. It doesnt fuckin matter if the new band cant top the old. GNR will be back and thats all we want!

A lot of posters on this site trash the old band because they like the new one more, so in that context it does matter. I also am hopeing for a reunion, that would be way better than these tours and Chinese Democracy, but GNR rumours always turn out to be BS so the new band is probably as close to GNR as we will get.

You do realize that this section, the Guns N' Roses discussion section means the current lineup? If it didn't, I dont think Eric would have put an Original GNR section or a place to discuss the former members. You do realize this is a fan forum, and that people are going to support the band? What doesn't make sense is the folks like you and Niveen who constantly bash the band and always compare them to the former members, whining that the former members need to come back. Thats a slap in the face to the band we are here to support, IMO.

If you haven't accepted that all the old members left, in fact on their own accord, years and years ago.. I dont know what else to tell you. But you are posting on a fan forum for GNR, and its 2006.

I'm not disrespecting anyone from the band, old or new.

Great post man, but nevertheless it really is pointless to try and argue with all the people that still can't accept the new band. I used to be like you, but after years of debating it grows tired. You'll soon figure that shit out...but until then keep rockin on man. Fuck a reunion!! :shades:

For those who blindly support the new band: GOOD FOR YOU. But please be aware: GNR is one of the biggest band because of the music that Izzy(mostly), Axl and Slash wrote (Duff had a minor part except the main riff of PC). So if Slash, Izzy or anyone of them decided to leave at one point its their right; because its their band. And if they reach some kind of agreement among them now, its a normal thing, because again: ITS THEIR BAND.So with all the respect to anyone who MIGHT be in the band right now, they are not (and I think they are aware of it) and never will be truly associated to GNR.

I just have few questions for you die-hard new GNR fans:

1. What exactly are you fans of: those 4,5 new songs, did those convert you in to being such a big fan

2. Are you fans of Axl and only Axl and no one else

3. Do you like the soundboards of 02 shows so much (than again they played mostly AFD-songs and 3 new ones)

4. Do you like the way the band played the old songs (i agree they are technically better musicians), but than again I like NIN, but wouldnt care if Reznors song were sung by some greater-better singer who would put much less emotions in it.

So Richard might be a great guy, musician and all, BUT PLEASE BE AWARE HE IS A STUDIO RECORDING/TOURING MUSICIAN, THATS WHY YOU CANT COMPARE HIM TO IZZY OR SLASH WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT GUNS N ROSES FOR GODSSAKE!

And when you talk about living in the past, why dont you come in the present time, find some new band that you like because if you only like this new version of GNR(by the amount of posts some make here every day it truly seems that way) :rofl-lol: , you my friends are really the sad ones.

:rolleyes: Fuck sakes. This forum is turning into a place where you can't say anything about the new band without hearing several tards criticize your decision to like the new band. A forum where no one can think or do something on their own, just because some one ELSE doesn't like it. If someone posts intelligently about how they enjoy listening to the new band, an 8-page thread will be unleashed with people who must ask them why or if they are truly sad because they've "chosen" the new band over the old, when really, they never even mention that.

Now, we have threads directed at certain people, such as A_D, and you all take your time at poking at this person because they've moved on? Have they annoyed you? Then don't listen. No one should be forcing anyone or trying to "encourage" them that they have the wrong band in their minds. That's ridiculous. If someone says that this band has great potential, a handful of people are just waiting to squeeze their throats and say "Oh, but mister, they aren't the old band." Please. Once again, this thread, directed at one fucking person, has hit 5 pages, and that's just too much. People, like whichever band you want. Look around you, everyone's decision isn't changing your way of thinking, and it won't, so to argue as if it IS changing what you think is just annoying and unnecessary.

Edited by Zeppelin

What the hell has this to do with fan of what?

There is no such thing as a nugnr fan..Its gnr fan.

For those who blindly support the new band: GOOD FOR YOU. But please be aware: GNR is one of the biggest band because of the music that Izzy(mostly), Axl and Slash wrote (Duff had a minor part except the main riff of PC). So if Slash, Izzy or anyone of them decided to leave at one point its their right; because its their band. And if they reach some kind of agreement among them now, its a normal thing, because again: ITS THEIR BAND.So with all the respect to anyone who MIGHT be in the band right now, they are not (and I think they are aware of it) and never will be truly associated to GNR.

1. What exactly are you fans of: those 4,5 new songs, did those convert you in to being such a big fan

3. Do you like the soundboards of 02 shows so much (than again they played mostly AFD-songs and 3 new ones)

4. Do you like the way the band played the old songs (i agree they are technically better musicians), but than again I like NIN, but wouldnt care if Reznors song were sung by some greater-better singer who would put much less emotions in it.

So Richard might be a great guy, musician and all, BUT PLEASE BE AWARE HE IS A STUDIO RECORDING/TOURING MUSICIAN, THATS WHY YOU CANT COMPARE HIM TO IZZY OR SLASH WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT GUNS N ROSES FOR GODSSAKE!

And when you talk about living in the past, why dont you come in the present time, find some new band that you like because if you only like this new version of GNR(by the amount of posts some make here every day it truly seems that way) :rofl-lol: , you my friends are really the sad ones.

:rolleyes: Fuck sakes. This forum is turning into a place where you can't say anything about the new band without hearing several tards criticize your decision to like the new band. A forum where no one can think or do something on their own, just because some one ELSE doesn't like it. If someone posts intelligently about how they enjoy listening to the new band, an 8-page thread will be unleashed with people who must ask them why or if they are truly sad because they've "chosen" the new band over the old, when really, they never even mention that.

Now, we have threads directed at certain people, such as A_D, and you all take your time at poking at this person because they've moved on? Have they annoyed you? Then don't listen. No one should be forcing anyone or trying to "encourage" them that they have the wrong band in their minds. That's ridiculous. If someone says that this band has great potential, a handful of people are just waiting to squeeze their throats and say "Oh, but mister, they aren't the old band." Please. Once again, this thread, directed at one fucking person, has hit 5 pages, and that's just too much. People, like whichever band you want. Look around you, everyone's decision isn't changing your way of thinking, and it won't, so to argue as if it IS changing what you think is just annoying and unnecessary.

The point of this thread was as it follows: A_D constantly makes remarks about the original members, disrespects what IM0 is the true legacy of GNR and gets away with it. After being asked he suddenly respects all of the members,past and present. If you ve read my posts carefuly: I respect Axl and his music abilities, I respect ANYONE who is in the band right now, but the name GUNS N ROSES is not sth you can f... around with. Axl kept the name, alright. He is/was in fight with many of the ex-members. But HE WAS, NOT A_D.So pls dont insult guys who made this band, and moderators dont allow posts and threads like "Fuck Izzy, Fortus rules etc. ".

I ve never disrespected the new members, while others show their lack of inteligence by provocing all of the time.

I dont post as often, but when I do I make a clear point, but yet Jack99 stood behind A_Ds back;that IMO shows a lot

I dont like VR and their music and I am not a nostalgic kinda guy, but I cant stand when some so-called fans constantly diss the original.

Edited by ksks12

What the hell has this to do with fan of what?

There is no such thing as a nugnr fan..Its gnr fan.

A GNR fan is someone who respects and likes all versions of the band...

A NuGnR fan is someone who disreguards the old band and its members and only think highly of the new version of the band...

but the important thing is that we shouldnt argue... we should hug and be friends. :):heart:

The point of this thread was as it follows: A_D constantly makes remarks about the original members, disrespects what IM0 is the true legacy of GNR and gets away with it. After being asked he suddenly respects all of the members,past and present. If you ve read my posts carefuly: I respect Axl and his music abilities, I respect ANYONE who is in the band right now, but the name GUNS N ROSES is not sth you can f... around with. Axl kept the name, alright. He is/was in fight with many of the ex-members. But HE WAS, NOT A_D.So pls dont insult guys who made this band, and moderators dont allow posts and threads like "Fuck Izzy, Fortus rules etc. ".

I ve never disrespected the new members, while others show their lack of inteligence by provocing all of the time.

I dont post as often, but when I do I make a clear point, but yet Jack99 stood behind A_Ds back;that IMO shows a lot

I dont like VR and their music and I am not a nostalgic kinda guy, but I cant stand when some so-called fans constantly diss the original.

dude fuck off :rolleyes:

dude fuck off :rolleyes:

Wow, great and original post. Congrats.

this new incarnation of GnR can't be called a band honestly.. all the "band members" seem like hired musicians, all of them have other projects besides GnR..

that's rude to say I know, but sounds like the f'n truth..

it's not about who is better musician, when Slash and co were in GnR, they were a band. Not anymore now.

for the record, you are making shit up about me ks. I have never made a thread titled 'Fuck Izzy'. I simply have too much respect for the guy.

Sorry that my opinion bothers you so much. But get used to it. You are on a GNR board. This band is GNR.

Not yet. Not until (or if) Axl release CD. Then they become the rebuilt version of Axl's GnR. They will never be GnR. Sorry.