The Smiths

Yamisonic

Yeah, lovely band in all respects really. Queen Is Dead is a flawless album. Best British band of the 80s. Really gave music a good kick up the arse when surrounded by nu-romantics and second rate hair metallers that wished they were on the Strip when they still live in their 3-bed semi with their parents.

Guest katie

ah the smiths....my true obsession....

if you like those two, then i reckon you'll like the first album (the smiths), download miserable lie

but yes, they are the best

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Alright, i've had enough of seeing you guys moaning about this band and me having heard absolutely none of their stuff.

Recommend me a song!

This Charming Man

It's Genesis' favorite I think, and a good place to start.

Alright, i've had enough of seeing you guys moaning about this band and me having heard absolutely none of their stuff.

Recommend me a song!

This Charming Man

It's Genesis' favorite I think, and a good place to start.

Yes, this is a very good one. From the same album (the first one), "What Difference Does It Make ?" is good too.

But their second album, "Meat Is Murder", sounds better imo, almost like a rockabilly record !

Edited by Alan Niveen

Ah but we must remember that "This Charming Man" off the Smiths self titled album is superior to the one of the Hatful of Horrow album. Song I'm really digging at the moment is "Girl Afraid" ooh and check out "Pretty Girls Make Graves."

Guest katie

a song people always look over is a rush and a push off of strangeways here we come

and a tragic some far superior to any other smiths one, morrisseys vocals truly soar in this, last night i dreamt that somebody loved me.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
a song people always look over is a rush and a push off of strangeways here we come

and a tragic some far superior to any other smiths one, morrisseys vocals truly soar in this, last night i dreamt that somebody loved me.

I love Strangeways, don't like "A Rush..." as much as you, still it's a good opener.

Genesis, well you say it all the time.

French magazine Les Inrockuptibles (which has been supporting The Smiths from day one) has released a special issue and a DVD about the band. You'll find also a clip of a Morrissey's interview.

http://www.lesinrocks.com/ListeNews.cfm?iditem=186072

You can discuss about GNR (or The Smiths) on the forum. Even in English.

Edited by Alan Niveen