The Signs are Obvious

HisRoyalFatness

I believe it in my heart. Here's a compliation of all the facts and rumors...

Slash visits Axl in the middle of the night to "chat."

Slash supposedly leaves VR, but refuses to make any formal statements.

Matt meets Axl in New York and suddenly has nothing but nice things to say about him.

No new guitarist for Axl with only a few weeks until his tour starts. That means he'd have to be bringing in somebody whose already pretty good at rocking the GnR catalog.

Slash signs with Axl's management company.

Richard Fortus pulls all the GnR tour dates from his site, but refuses to say whether or not he's still in the band.

Axl's management company refuses to say if they've found a new guitarist. They want it to be a "surprise" for the first show.

The band and management have gone out of their way to make ammends with their fans - tight presales, a string of small venue shows right before the big tours start. As a long time GnR fan, I can say this is highly unusual behavior.

I'm sure you can pick apart any of these occurances. I'm not going to argue. I'm just going to suggest that there are a shit ton of coincidences all coming together around the same time.

Those NYC shows would be designed to give hard core fans a treat and to make a huge statement just before the tour. They'll be all over the news. By the time they wrap up their shows in Europe and head back to the states, there'll be crazy fucking demand for thier tickets.

If you can, trade your tickets for the first NYC show. The crowd is going to blow the fucking roof off that place when Slash (and possibly Duff and Matt) takes the stage with Axl. Rock will be saved for future generations. GnR will be the biggest band in the world again.

I've convinced myself that this is going to happen. If it doesn't, I might just have to hurl something at the Predator - I mean Axl.

Edited by HisRoyalFatness

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That does honestly make quite a bit of sense

But there's a lot of sense-making shit out there that is total bullshit, so w/e. It's a nice thought, dude, but I say you should not get your hopes up and be disappointed. Expect that the 'nuGNR' will come out on stage and then, maybe, if the reunion does happen, you can be ecstatic.

If you can, trade your tickets for the first NYC show. The crowd is going to blow the fucking roof off that place when Slash (and possibly Duff and Matt) takes the stage with Axl. Rock will be saved for future generations. GnR will be the biggest band in the world again.

This would be one of the happiest days in my life if it happened ! :heart:

And Funeral, yes, we'll keep on dreaming ! rock4

Edited by Alan Niveen

There is certainly a possibility, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I like the new songs that we're leaked a few months back, and I don't really care who performs them with Axl.

Just take it as it comes. Whether there is a reunion or there isn't, why worry about it? At the end of the day, Guns N' Roses are back.

Thing is that there are those coincidences. But there are many more that you haven't mentioned.

Like Tommy being in SA (almost seeming like a full-fledged member), and the interview where he didn't want to talk about Guns, and while he said he was still in the band he said it in a way that was hardly convincing and in what I found most bizzare he didn't at least say he was looking forward to the tour.

How about Ross Halfin saying there'd be a reunion? That happened before any of these other rumours started, and the man must have known something with all the talk that's happened.

Lars Ulrich and Kid Rock (who both hung out with Axl for a bit this summer) also were reported to be talking up a GN'R reunion at a bar or something.

How about the poster for one of the Europe shows showing a pic of the old band, with Izzy and Steven cut out of it. As if they know it'll be at least Axl, Slash, and Duff.

And there's more. What's all the more interesting is that we haven't gotten a solid denial from both sides. Oh sure, we've gotten the odd one but it's been either very ambiguous and/or very unconvincing. To me they would not let this continue because it'll just be a letdown when the band walks on stage and there is no Slash. That outweighs any publicity they are gaining from this, which is more or less confined to the hardcore fanbase who will be there anyways.

This all makes it very difficult for me to believe that where there's smoke there isn't also fire.

But at the same time I know how unlikely a reunion is. So I don't know what to believe. But if you go by the indications we've had, 95% of them have been for a reunion.

He would have been happier if we were still waiting for any news. I think at this point, the fact that we have tickets to these fucking shows, is good enough for now. I am not expecting any type of reunion. If it happens, then we will have great stories to tell. If it doesn't, we still get to see a kick-ass show in a tiny venue with general admission. This may never happen again. It is far from "obvious" however, weather or not there will be a reunion.

For fucks sake. Just a suggestion to the admin. Make a separate forum in which every member can put their "there will be a reunion" topics. In this way this forum with general chat will not be spoiled each week with the same sort of nonsense. :rolleyes:

I'm optimistic, very optimistic about all of this. If they dont reunite this year, then o well. I will have gotten my hopes up for something that wouldnt really affect me, but just disapoint me. :rolleyes: Its not the end of the world if they dont reunite, so why not believe or at least have hope for the possibuility?

This is the first time we have been speculateing a possible reunion, and the closest we probably are to one.

Let's face one thing: recently all the signs have pointed to the fact that Slash is once again part of the GNR set-up and Richard is not.

There's no way that Axl would have released the part of the press statement that featured Slash without prior permission from Slash. Both Axl and Slash probably came to the conclusion that the statement was the best way to give Slash the leeway to leave VR.

And remember one thing: Axl has absolutely no loyalty towards the NuGNR band members. All of them are merely hired Guns, excuse the pun. Think about it: Brain, in an interview a while back, said with a sarcastic laugh that he assumed he was still part of GNR but hadn't spoken to Axl for ages.

I know that we should support the new band, and I do, but only because Axl's in it. For me, however, the only picture that will ever enter my mind when I think of Guns N Roses is this one: -

axlnslash.jpg

Fans of the new band are fans of Axl Rose. Bands are not one-man machines, they are homogenous units with composite parts. Remove one of those parts and, however you dress it up, the band is no more. There were two composite units in GNR - Axl and Slash.