The Signs are Obvious

HisRoyalFatness

Hate to say it but I agree with AD, I just can't forsee a reunion happening right now. Seems more like wishful thinking than anything else...The whole chinese democracy exercise was Axl's bid to prove to the world that he doesn't need the ex-gunners (mainly Slash)...so why would he throw a wrench in that program by having Slash come back? Besides....why would Slash even want to play someone else's material? Not his style....and he'd undermine the new band anyway, people would be booing the hired guns and calling for Duff and Izzy...

Though I'd love to see Slash come back and watch Axl's Disillusion spontaneously combust at the NYC concerts... :D

Merck suggested in an email to someone I saw posted a few days ago that fans who are counting on and hoping for a reunion should stop living in the past. Just because theres a little turmoil in the VR camp doesn't mean people are going to be rushing back to GNR. Axl already has the band, he's not going to replace his loyal musicans with ex-members, its just not happening. And Slash has an ego the size of Axl's, make no mistake. Sly is right, Slash isn't just going to play Chinese Democracy songs. And I feel too much has been invested into the Chinese Democracy project to just throw it away. The songs that have come out of it so far are the closest thing to the old glory days of GNR we've ever had! Axl doesn't need Slash, or Duff, or even Izzy. Just like those guys don't need him, they are off doing their own things and VR even had mild success.

Wow. Someone who is actually making some sense. Turmoil in the VR camp = automatic Guns reunion for a ton of you. In case you haven't noticed, Axl and his musicians have been working on this album for a long time. It isn't going to be canned just so we can time warp back to '88 and chant for the death of glam rock. Whether you hate the new band or not, they're here to stay. That's why they're rehearsing for the tour and not sending emails to fans, claiming the band is done for.

Hell, this band has lasted longer with Axl than the original members did, and whether they're "hired musicians" or not, they can still help Axl to release his album under the name Guns N' Roses, without whining about his musical direction or his piano playing. Bring on the new band.

Like someone else said, if you like Slash's playing so much, go buy the Snakepits, or listen to his sloppy, uninspired work in Contraband.

finally two people that make sense...i was waiting for something like this...

seriously..if u like slash listen to contraband...

if u like axl and the new guns.. wait for them to tour and release the album...

if u like them both..u can listen to both

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to say it but I agree with AD, I just can't forsee a reunion happening right now. Seems more like wishful thinking than anything else...The whole chinese democracy exercise was Axl's bid to prove to the world that he doesn't need the ex-gunners (mainly Slash)...so why would he throw a wrench in that program by having Slash come back? Besides....why would Slash even want to play someone else's material? Not his style....and he'd undermine the new band anyway, people would be booing the hired guns and calling for Duff and Izzy...

Though I'd love to see Slash come back and watch Axl's Disillusion spontaneously combust at the NYC concerts... :D

Merck suggested in an email to someone I saw posted a few days ago that fans who are counting on and hoping for a reunion should stop living in the past. Just because theres a little turmoil in the VR camp doesn't mean people are going to be rushing back to GNR. Axl already has the band, he's not going to replace his loyal musicans with ex-members, its just not happening. And Slash has an ego the size of Axl's, make no mistake. Sly is right, Slash isn't just going to play Chinese Democracy songs. And I feel too much has been invested into the Chinese Democracy project to just throw it away. The songs that have come out of it so far are the closest thing to the old glory days of GNR we've ever had! Axl doesn't need Slash, or Duff, or even Izzy. Just like those guys don't need him, they are off doing their own things and VR even had mild success.

This is the best post you've ever made. Thought out well and not bashing anyone. I knew you could do it.

sad thing is, slash is probably not coming back YET

maybe he will AFTER chinese democracy's release, whether it tanks or does well, beacause then axl would have proven to the world whether or not he needs the former members to make a hit album

but, whether or not they have reunited for the NY gigs, im really looking forward for a handful of entertaining shows

Let me say this again, real simple for you 'tards...

I agree. Trouble in the VR camp doesn't necessarily mean Slash is back with Axl. Again, no one individual thing we've heard proves it. I'm saying it's the sum of all these different, magical things happening at the time that makes me think Slash is back in the band.

Just to make sure Captain 'Tard and his band of ballscouts understand, I will paste that same sentence three times in a row...

Again, no one individual thing we've heard proves it. I'm saying it's the sum of all these different, magical things happening at the time that makes me think Slash is back in the band.

Again, no one individual thing we've heard proves it. I'm saying it's the sum of all these different, magical things happening at the time that makes me think Slash is back in the band.

And a hearty GOOD JOB goes out to Garden Of Eden, who managed to express her love for The Robin Finck Band in the geekiest analogy yet! That was a sweet cartoon of Spiderman. And you really do represent "Venom." The bar has been raised. We can only hope Axls Dillusion is this very minute crafting a masterful Slash/Axl metaphor using Star Trek characters.

Yes, the magic is spreading all around. Much like an awful disease.

I dont think I could do it. I know nothing about Star Trek.

I'll tell you what your royal fatness, i'll make you a deal right now. If Slash is back in the band when I come back from New York, I will forever leave this board. If he's not, you need to get the fuck out! One of us is going! Who will it be? Not me :)

I'll tell you what your royal fatness, i'll make you a deal right now. If Slash is back in the band when I come back from New York, I will forever leave this board. If he's not, you need to get the fuck out! One of us is going! Who will it be? Not me :)

As a neutral bystander with nothing to lose, I fully support that idea!!!

same here

I guess we just disagree about that. I think Slash is sweet. To you, he's a disease.

And people say I'm the unloyal fan.

:rolleyes: I never said Slash was the disease. Look at the part that was bold. You said, "I'm saying it's the sum of all these different, magical things happening at the time that makes me think Slash is back in the band." These "things" you mention are the disease. I thought you would've been able to figure that out. Get it? Rumours spreading? Like a disease? Nah, nevermind.

You're no more loyal than I just because you defend the old band. Don't put yourself on a pedestal you can't get down from.

It's not very often you get a no lose proposition.

You can find evidence to support any theory. You can rationalize anything. It's a Chinese Democracy.

The funniest thing in the world today is that everyone wants Slash back in GNR and Duff but they don't like Velevet Revolver much. It's a Chinese Democracy.

Sucker Train Blues is obviously an Izzy Stradlin tune. He wrote songs for that album. It's a Chinese Democracy.

If the VR material was Axl's new material everyone would sucking his dick say how he's returned to AFD rocking form. It's a Chinese Democracy.

If there was a Reunion then Guns N Roses would a Chinese Democracy.

It would ruin Chinese Democracy and make a mockery out of 10 years of studio work. Axl would put his left nut on the chopping block before he allowed that to happen.

Save this post for say, about a decade, after the next three Chinese Democracy era albums, then we'll upgrade it from insanity to speculation...

~M

Hate to say it but I agree with AD, I just can't forsee a reunion happening right now. Seems more like wishful thinking than anything else...The whole chinese democracy exercise was Axl's bid to prove to the world that he doesn't need the ex-gunners (mainly Slash)...so why would he throw a wrench in that program by having Slash come back?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Axl has never said that his goal is to prove he doesn't need the old Gunners. He always welcomed the contributions of other writers and GN'R was always a collaborative effort. However, his goal was to make a certain kind of album, and the old guys simply were not on the same page. Maybe now they are.

As for Slash, I do agree. He probably wouldn't just walk in and play other people's stuff. Which is why if a reunion is going to happen I think it must have been in the works for at least six months now (and could have been, if it all started that night Slash visted Axl's house last fall). During that span I'm sure Slash would have re-written his parts into the new songs, and they probably would've dug up the old material that the band had written in the mid 90s that was never released but was close to it.

It's hard to ignore all the signs. I don't believe in coincidences, one or two maybe, but when there is more than that it becomes a pattern. Well, we've had more than one or two...dozens would be a more apt description.

So part of me believes, but another part simply doesn't think a reunion is possible right now - we haven't exactly had proof that it'll happen and without that, as you said Sly, it just seems wishful thinking. We look at signs and make ourselves believe they mean something when they probably don't. I am guilty of that as much as anyone.

May 12th will reveal all.

If I lose, it won't matter. Without Slash, Axl's tour will end pretty quickly and Axl will go into hibernation again. The site will shut down to to public apathy, leaving you more time to build models of the Starship Enterprise.

Don't worry though dude. When Slash joins the band again, I won't make you leave. I love Guns N' Roses. Slash's return would be the moment the fans have been dying for. I'd want you to be here to celebrate the future of rock with the rest of us. We've earned it.

you obvioulsy know deep down that what i am saying is true, otherwise you would take me up on the offer. Axl doens't need Slash to be successful, if you feel otherwise, you are on the wrong board. Go to http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com and don't let the door hit you in the ass :)

The whineing and bitching about these threads is lame, if you see a topic you dont like, THEN DONT FUCKING CLICK ON IT. :o Imagine, not haveing to read stuff that makes you angry, it can all be done by NOT CLICKING ON THE THREAD. I know its hard, but trust me, it can be done. :rolleyes:

you obvioulsy know deep down that what i am saying is true, otherwise you would take me up on the offer. Axl doens't need Slash to be successful, if you feel otherwise, you are on the wrong board. Go to http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com and don't let the door hit you in the ass :)

I wouldnt be so sure about that, but we'll see how this tour goes.

Axl doens't need Slash to be successful, if you feel otherwise, you are on the wrong board. Go to http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com and don't let the door hit you in the ass :)

The admin told me not to use put downs anymore, so this reply will lack some attitude, but here goes...

If Axl didn't need Slash to be successful, then Axl would be successful right now. He's not. Never completed an album. Never completed a tour. I love the guy, but things are not going well for him.

Secondly, just because I like Slash doesn't mean I like that fucking retarded douche bag generic overproduced rock band he's in right now (or not in, if you believe the rumors). VR sucks.

I think Axl's new stuff is bad, but at least it's amusing to see what crazy direction Axl's gonna go in. Velvet Revolver bad, but it just plain sucks my asshole's asshole.

I've said this a few times before, but I guess I'm going to have to say it again...

Axl needs Slash. Slash needs Axl. Rock needs both.

Now, that is something that I totally agree with you on. And I agree that Axl and Slash together again would rock like nothing before, I am just doubting a reunion bigtime, and don't see it happening anytime soon.

Axl doens't need Slash to be successful, if you feel otherwise, you are on the wrong board. Go to http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com and don't let the door hit you in the ass :)

The admin told me not to use put downs anymore, so this reply will lack some attitude, but here goes...

If Axl didn't need Slash to be successful, then Axl would be successful right now. He's not. Never completed an album. Never completed a tour. I love the guy, but things are not going well for him.

Secondly, just because I like Slash doesn't mean I like that fucking retarded douche bag generic overproduced rock band he's in right now (or not in, if you believe the rumors). VR sucks.

I think Axl's new stuff is bad, but at least it's amusing to see what crazy direction Axl's gonna go in. Velvet Revolver just plain sucks.

I've said this a few times before, but I guess I'm going to have to say it again...

Axl needs Slash. Slash needs Axl. Rock needs both.

Axl's problems have more to do with Axl than with Slash.... are you trying to say that Slash was the driving force, the hard worker of GnR that was just trying to get Axl into the studio. I don't see how Axl's lack of an album in the last 11 years has anything to do with Slash, except for the fact that Slash left the band, and Axl had to start over. Combine that with what seems to be a paranoid perfectionist outlook (even Alice Cooper commented on Axl's perfectionism) and that better explains why there's been no album.

Don't be so condescending in your posts... you are not smarter than everyone else.

Well may be these all things are coincedences that are leading to a thought that GnR will come back to its original members...

..........and if it does than songs like madagascar,chinese democracy ,blues etc that are composed by the New GnR members,then there will again be that court thing and that time..Only axl will not be going to court..Slash , duff and matt will also acompny him in court against bucket head,brian and all blah blah guys.....

So inhort..if there is a reunion..then get ready for the former gunners to again go inthe era of 1995-2002 with no music....just Legal copyrights issues......

So my answer : Reunion,Not going to happen

...And BETTER, T.W.A.T, I.R.S and C.I.T.R etc..

...And that scares me.. If it was like 98 or 99 or something a reunion would be fucking great!!

But now.. :no:

The new band been working on 36(I think it was) and the question is what would happened to this material.

It´s years of work!!!! It´s NOT realistic to throw away years of work..

And Axl is getting old..

He hasn´t the time on his side, no TIME to reunit with the old guns.

Thats why, and that ONLY why I don´t like the idea.

I like the new guys and have accepted them. Because if U don´t, U only fool yourself...