The Signs are Obvious

HisRoyalFatness

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl doens't need Slash to be successful, if you feel otherwise, you are on the wrong board. Go to http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com and don't let the door hit you in the ass :)

The admin told me not to use put downs anymore, so this reply will lack some attitude, but here goes...

If Axl didn't need Slash to be successful, then Axl would be successful right now. He's not. Never completed an album. Never completed a tour. I love the guy, but things are not going well for him.

Secondly, just because I like Slash doesn't mean I like that fucking retarded douche bag generic overproduced rock band he's in right now (or not in, if you believe the rumors). VR sucks.

I think Axl's new stuff is bad, but at least it's amusing to see what crazy direction Axl's gonna go in. Velvet Revolver just plain sucks.

I've said this a few times before, but I guess I'm going to have to say it again...

Axl needs Slash. Slash needs Axl. Rock needs both.

Axl's problems have more to do with Axl than with Slash.... are you trying to say that Slash was the driving force, the hard worker of GnR that was just trying to get Axl into the studio. I don't see how Axl's lack of an album in the last 11 years has anything to do with Slash, except for the fact that Slash left the band, and Axl had to start over. Combine that with what seems to be a paranoid perfectionist outlook (even Alice Cooper commented on Axl's perfectionism) and that better explains why there's been no album.

Don't be so condescending in your posts... you are not smarter than everyone else.

Slash just wanted to PLAY. He loves to create music and play it. Problem is Axl isn't like that. Axl wants to tinker in the studio forever before he does anything. Read the interviews from that time period 1994-1996. It basically confirms what I always suspected, it was impossible to get Axl into a studio and when he was there he kept scrapping whatever plans they had because he kept changing his mind.

Slash in his boredom created Snakepit and released 2 records and was touring while Axl was getting his shit together.

Duff confirmed that in the time Slash was gone, NOTHING was done, Duff and Matt jammed alone since Axl never showed up to any of the rehearsals. It's not like these guys upped and quit the next day. 4 years of complete inactivity and endless jam sessions where the lead singer wasn't showing up to rehearsals, no wonder they quit man. And then you have the lead singer and guitarist not seeing eye to eye on the direction of the band and Axl changing his mind constantly about which band he wants to emulate next from Pearl Jam to Nine Inch Nails and you have the break up.

The original band was doomed because of Axl Rose. He pulled the trigger and killed that beast my friend. Anyway, I'm endlessly curious to hear the new album, like slash said, I want to see why he systematically destroyed something so great. Let's see if Axl's vision was worth breaking up the greatest band in the world...

The biggest fools here, are the ones that pretend they know there wont be a reunion.

There are a lot of signs pointing to something suspicious.

The biggest fools on here are the ones who are dream world regarding a reunion.

What an awesome reply.

Excuse me, but how the fuck do you know there wont be a reunion.

The biggest fools here, are the ones that pretend they know there wont be a reunion.

What an awesome reply.

because it's obvious. Axl and the new guys haven't worked hard on CD for nothing.

What an awesome reply.

because it's obvious. Axl and the new guys haven't worked hard on CD for nothing.

Oh cmon. I know there won't be a reunion, but if there was that wouldn't matter. Do you really think anyone in the band has had ANY input on CD? This is Axl's baby, point blank.

Can't we keep all this bullshit in one thread?

THE GNR LINEUP IS LISTED IN MY SIG. WE HAVE NEVER BEEN FURTHER AWAY FROM A REUNION OF THE ORIGINAL MEMBERS. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Personally, I can't wait untll less than one month from now when all this bullshit will be proven false, and you slash nutswingers can go on back to the VR section, if his bandmates haven't found a way to kick him out yet.

Oh well. Then I officially withdraw my speculation. Your dumbass signature is proof enough.

Personally I can't wait until less than one month from when rock is saved for future generations by the reteaming of Axl and Slash. Maybe Robin Finck and Tommy Stinson and whoever else was playing with Axl last month can form another Guns N' Roses cover band. I can promise you won't have any trouble getting tickets for that. Hell, you can probably see the show for free with your paid admission to Six Flags over Georgia.

Lets say Slash does show up for the NYC shows and the European tour.

Why the hell would he want to play Axls CD songs?

Exactly.

Thats one of two options.

The other option is that Axl drop years of work.(CD work)

That won´t happen either.

What an awesome reply.

Oh cmon. I know there won't be a reunion, but if there was that wouldn't matter. Do you really think anyone in the band has had ANY input on CD? This is Axl's baby, point blank.

yes I do think they have had an imput and even Tommy said they have all had an imput.

What an awesome reply.

Yes, they have.

ONCE again:

Stinson;

"The reason the disc isn't done yet, he added, is because Rose is a methodical perfectionist who wants to make the creation of Chinese Democracy as democratic as possible. "He likes to take all the members of the band and get the best out of each guy for each song," Stinson said. "It's a brilliant process that gets everyone involved so everyone owns a piece of the song because they've put themselves into it. That way you don't have people going, 'Well, I'm not gonna play on his song if you're not gonna sing on my song.' And that's a lengthy process because you have to get eight people to basically write a song together that everyone likes."

Slash just wanted to PLAY. He loves to create music and play it. Problem is Axl isn't like that. Axl wants to tinker in the studio forever before he does anything. Read the interviews from that time period 1994-1996. It basically confirms what I always suspected, it was impossible to get Axl into a studio and when he was there he kept scrapping whatever plans they had because he kept changing his mind.

Slash in his boredom created Snakepit and released 2 records and was touring while Axl was getting his shit together.

Duff confirmed that in the time Slash was gone, NOTHING was done, Duff and Matt jammed alone since Axl never showed up to any of the rehearsals. It's not like these guys upped and quit the next day. 4 years of complete inactivity and endless jam sessions where the lead singer wasn't showing up to rehearsals, no wonder they quit man. And then you have the lead singer and guitarist not seeing eye to eye on the direction of the band and Axl changing his mind constantly about which band he wants to emulate next from Pearl Jam to Nine Inch Nails and you have the break up.

The original band was doomed because of Axl Rose. He pulled the trigger and killed that beast my friend. Anyway, I'm endlessly curious to hear the new album, like slash said, I want to see why he systematically destroyed something so great. Let's see if Axl's vision was worth breaking up the greatest band in the world...

Great post Sly.

Let's face one thing: recently all the signs have pointed to the fact that Slash is once again part of the GNR set-up and Richard is not.

There's no way that Axl would have released the part of the press statement that featured Slash without prior permission from Slash. Both Axl and Slash probably came to the conclusion that the statement was the best way to give Slash the leeway to leave VR.

And remember one thing: Axl has absolutely no loyalty towards the NuGNR band members. All of them are merely hired Guns, excuse the pun. Think about it: Brain, in an interview a while back, said with a sarcastic laugh that he assumed he was still part of GNR but hadn't spoken to Axl for ages.

I know that we should support the new band, and I do, but only because Axl's in it. For me, however, the only picture that will ever enter my mind when I think of Guns N Roses is this one: -

axlnslash.jpg

Fans of the new band are fans of Axl Rose. Bands are not one-man machines, they are homogenous units with composite parts. Remove one of those parts and, however you dress it up, the band is no more. There were two composite units in GNR - Axl and Slash.

First of all what about all the work Robin FInck has put into this project? He has put at least 7 years of his life and has remained loyal to Axl. So I would say that Axl has a HUGE loyalty to Robin in return. He couldnt just kick him out llike that.

I am not a fan of Axl, but Im a fan of both new and old gnr - so your logic is all wrong buddy - and I know many more that are fans of some of these new members.

Can you guys remember that statement Axl made at the 2002 tour how if any body was hoping for a reunion EVER that it just wasnt going to happen. SO there you go.

Let's face one thing: recently all the signs have pointed to the fact that Slash is once again part of the GNR set-up and Richard is not.

There's no way that Axl would have released the part of the press statement that featured Slash without prior permission from Slash. Both Axl and Slash probably came to the conclusion that the statement was the best way to give Slash the leeway to leave VR.

And remember one thing: Axl has absolutely no loyalty towards the NuGNR band members. All of them are merely hired Guns, excuse the pun. Think about it: Brain, in an interview a while back, said with a sarcastic laugh that he assumed he was still part of GNR but hadn't spoken to Axl for ages.

I know that we should support the new band, and I do, but only because Axl's in it. For me, however, the only picture that will ever enter my mind when I think of Guns N Roses is this one: -

axlnslash.jpg

Fans of the new band are fans of Axl Rose. Bands are not one-man machines, they are homogenous units with composite parts. Remove one of those parts and, however you dress it up, the band is no more. There were two composite units in GNR - Axl and Slash.

First of all what about all the work Robin FInck has put into this project? He has put at least 7 years of his life and has remained loyal to Axl. So I would say that Axl has a HUGE loyalty to Robin in return. He couldnt just kick him out llike that.

I am not a fan of Axl, but Im a fan of both new and old gnr - so your logic is all wrong buddy - and I know many more that are fans of some of these new members.

Can you guys remember that statement Axl made at the 2002 tour how if any body was hoping for a reunion EVER that it just wasnt going to happen. SO there you go.

There was NO logic in that post, only hatred and Predjudice........

Guns N' Roses exists in it's current form and no amount of bitching, whining, pseudo-intellectual "Logic",

will change that........

Everything will soon become crystal-fucking-clear..........

and WHY spend time on a forum bashing a band you obviously hate?

First it was "There is no Album"......Au Contraire.....now There IS Definantly an album and a Tour!

Success IS the best Revenge!

WARCHILD

I believe it in my heart. Here's a compliation of all the facts and rumors...

Slash visits Axl in the middle of the night to "chat."

Slash supposedly leaves VR, but refuses to make any formal statements.

Matt meets Axl in New York and suddenly has nothing but nice things to say about him.

No new guitarist for Axl with only a few weeks until his tour starts. That means he'd have to be bringing in somebody whose already pretty good at rocking the GnR catalog.

Slash signs with Axl's management company.

Richard Fortus pulls all the GnR tour dates from his site, but refuses to say whether or not he's still in the band.

Axl's management company refuses to say if they've found a new guitarist. They want it to be a "surprise" for the first show.

The band and management have gone out of their way to make ammends with their fans - tight presales, a string of small venue shows right before the big tours start. As a long time GnR fan, I can say this is highly unusual behavior.

I'm sure you can pick apart any of these occurances. I'm not going to argue. I'm just going to suggest that there are a shit ton of coincidences all coming together around the same time.

Going back to the first post of this thread.. You say Slash visits Axl in the middle of the night? If you believe that, then you believe this statement from Axl's camp right?

"W. Axl Rose, on Friday March 3, 2006 responded to one of Saul "Slash" Hudson’s baseless lawsuits by filing a counterclaim asking the Federal Court to confirm his ownership of his own creative works. Slash and Michael "Duff" McKagan had previously filed cases both in Federal Court and in the Los Angeles Superior Court making numerous false allegations about Axl. Mr. Rose believes that once apprised of the true facts the Judge or Jury deciding these lawsuits will rule in Axl’s favor on every issue before them.

More surprising to Axl are recent media reports that Slash (Saul Hudson) is claiming that he has always been supportive of Axl Rose and the new Guns N’ Roses. Slash’s actions in recent years have in fact been anything but supportive. Besides the lawsuits filed against Axl Rose, claiming, among other things, that Axl does not own the copyright in the songs that Axl co-authored with his former Guns N’ Roses band mates, Slash has continually made negative and malicious statements about Axl in order to garner publicity for himself.

As an example the Federal lawsuit Hudson and McKagan filed was based on a faulty premise from the start. What Hudson and McKagan attempted to portray as egregious misconduct by Axl was in fact — as Slash and Duff have learned — nothing more than a clerical error committed by ASCAP. Had Slash and Duff or their representatives bothered to pick up the phone the clerical error could have been easily sorted out without the need for filing an utterly baseless lawsuit which one can only assume had been filed for the purposes of self-publicity at Axl’s expense.

The lawsuit also attacks Axl’s integrity as Slash and Duff, in a vindictive attempt to aggrandize their own stature, re-write history through false statements, which have been repeated by the media. Their attacks on Axl stand in sharp contrast to Rose’s conduct. Axl has at all times worked diligently to maintain the artistic integrity of the band by choosing with great care which properties to license Guns N’ Roses songs to and refusing to participate in what he believed were potentially embarrassing projects. He has fought to avoid the release of material that does not live up to the highest of standards demanded by the band’s history and it’s followers. Axl chose not to respond through the media while taking the high road in the face of Slash and Duff’s attacks. Hudson and McKagan, by contrast, have told ever changing - and false - stories regarding the formation of the band and it’s history and believe that the band’s catalogue should be exploited without careful consideration - for the Guns N’ Roses brand and their loyal audience - or Axl’s input as if it were fast food by anyone willing to pay for it.

For over 10 years Slash, a consummate press, photo and media opportunist and manipulator, has attacked Axl Rose on a number of levels. Slash’s actions whether in or out of Gun’s N’ Roses have been a complete betrayal across the board of his alleged friendship and business relationship with Axl and the so called brotherhood and band loyalties that are supposed to have existed. Instead Slash has publicly attempted, by soliciting public and media support, to take credit for something that was not his or anyone else’s to take, notwithstanding that Slash played a major part in the success of the band as Axl has continually acknowledged.

In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose’s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: "Duff was spineless," "Scott was a fraud," that he "hates Matt Sorum" and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself "the stronger." Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose’s home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case.

Mr. Rose’s attorney Howard Weitzman commented, "Axl regrets having to spend time and energy on these distractions but he has a responsibility to protect the Guns N’ Roses legacy and expose the truth. Axl believes he has been left with no alternative but to respond to these lawsuits. It would have been Axl’s preference to resolve disputes with Slash and Duff in private. The courthouse is not his choice of forum. However, Axl could no longer sit quietly and allow the continuing dissemination of falsehoods and half-truths by his former band-mates."

If there are further queries regarding this statement, please contact:

Mr. Howard Weitzman, Esq. (310) 201-7450 Direct hweitzman@ggfirm.com

I believe it in my heart. Here's a compliation of all the facts and rumors...

Slash visits Axl in the middle of the night to "chat."

Slash supposedly leaves VR, but refuses to make any formal statements.

Matt meets Axl in New York and suddenly has nothing but nice things to say about him.

No new guitarist for Axl with only a few weeks until his tour starts. That means he'd have to be bringing in somebody whose already pretty good at rocking the GnR catalog.

Slash signs with Axl's management company.

Richard Fortus pulls all the GnR tour dates from his site, but refuses to say whether or not he's still in the band.

Axl's management company refuses to say if they've found a new guitarist. They want it to be a "surprise" for the first show.

The band and management have gone out of their way to make ammends with their fans - tight presales, a string of small venue shows right before the big tours start. As a long time GnR fan, I can say this is highly unusual behavior.

I'm sure you can pick apart any of these occurances. I'm not going to argue. I'm just going to suggest that there are a shit ton of coincidences all coming together around the same time.

Going back to the first post of this thread.. You say Slash visits Axl in the middle of the night? If you believe that, then you believe this statement from Axl's camp right?

"W. Axl Rose, on Friday March 3, 2006 responded to one of Saul "Slash" Hudson’s baseless lawsuits by filing a counterclaim asking the Federal Court to confirm his ownership of his own creative works. Slash and Michael "Duff" McKagan had previously filed cases both in Federal Court and in the Los Angeles Superior Court making numerous false allegations about Axl. Mr. Rose believes that once apprised of the true facts the Judge or Jury deciding these lawsuits will rule in Axl’s favor on every issue before them.

More surprising to Axl are recent media reports that Slash (Saul Hudson) is claiming that he has always been supportive of Axl Rose and the new Guns N’ Roses. Slash’s actions in recent years have in fact been anything but supportive. Besides the lawsuits filed against Axl Rose, claiming, among other things, that Axl does not own the copyright in the songs that Axl co-authored with his former Guns N’ Roses band mates, Slash has continually made negative and malicious statements about Axl in order to garner publicity for himself.

As an example the Federal lawsuit Hudson and McKagan filed was based on a faulty premise from the start. What Hudson and McKagan attempted to portray as egregious misconduct by Axl was in fact — as Slash and Duff have learned — nothing more than a clerical error committed by ASCAP. Had Slash and Duff or their representatives bothered to pick up the phone the clerical error could have been easily sorted out without the need for filing an utterly baseless lawsuit which one can only assume had been filed for the purposes of self-publicity at Axl’s expense.

The lawsuit also attacks Axl’s integrity as Slash and Duff, in a vindictive attempt to aggrandize their own stature, re-write history through false statements, which have been repeated by the media. Their attacks on Axl stand in sharp contrast to Rose’s conduct. Axl has at all times worked diligently to maintain the artistic integrity of the band by choosing with great care which properties to license Guns N’ Roses songs to and refusing to participate in what he believed were potentially embarrassing projects. He has fought to avoid the release of material that does not live up to the highest of standards demanded by the band’s history and it’s followers. Axl chose not to respond through the media while taking the high road in the face of Slash and Duff’s attacks. Hudson and McKagan, by contrast, have told ever changing - and false - stories regarding the formation of the band and it’s history and believe that the band’s catalogue should be exploited without careful consideration - for the Guns N’ Roses brand and their loyal audience - or Axl’s input as if it were fast food by anyone willing to pay for it.

For over 10 years Slash, a consummate press, photo and media opportunist and manipulator, has attacked Axl Rose on a number of levels. Slash’s actions whether in or out of Gun’s N’ Roses have been a complete betrayal across the board of his alleged friendship and business relationship with Axl and the so called brotherhood and band loyalties that are supposed to have existed. Instead Slash has publicly attempted, by soliciting public and media support, to take credit for something that was not his or anyone else’s to take, notwithstanding that Slash played a major part in the success of the band as Axl has continually acknowledged.

In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose’s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: "Duff was spineless," "Scott was a fraud," that he "hates Matt Sorum" and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself "the stronger." Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose’s home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case.

Mr. Rose’s attorney Howard Weitzman commented, "Axl regrets having to spend time and energy on these distractions but he has a responsibility to protect the Guns N’ Roses legacy and expose the truth. Axl believes he has been left with no alternative but to respond to these lawsuits. It would have been Axl’s preference to resolve disputes with Slash and Duff in private. The courthouse is not his choice of forum. However, Axl could no longer sit quietly and allow the continuing dissemination of falsehoods and half-truths by his former band-mates."

If there are further queries regarding this statement, please contact:

Mr. Howard Weitzman, Esq. (310) 201-7450 Direct hweitzman@ggfirm.com

Believing the first one doesn't necessarily make the other true. Nice try though.

Remember Slash saying he had heard Chinese Democracy and that it was supposed to come out in March? Theres more to that than just a statement. Nothing but positive comments from Slash and Matt and a hateful spiteful outpouring from the one man who stands to really lose his last chance at being involved with the big time- Scott Weiland. I think that plays into the picture also.

The new band were and are retained studio muscians. They recieve a paycheck for thier services rendered. I suspect that they are fullfilling thier contracts to the letter. Especially the NON-Communication(gag order) portion! I can't imagine that Axl would use them and 13 million dollars as well as 13 years to lay the foundation as a grand experiment for the "old band" to suddenly step in and step up to the plate. To my mind that would be one of the biggest turnarounds/flip flops since John Kerry stood up and ran for president. BUT it would be one of the greatest reconciliations in modern history should it occour.

The dumping on the net of the rumoured songs that supposed had been the new direction. Interesting timing on the whole if you ask me. What was it that Axl said at Leeds(?) "Were just playing the songs that were considering on NOT putting on the album" Ok so after all this effort Axl realized that he has a a great solo album..maybe the most powerful solo album ever put out by a former member of a legendary rock group. I thought that the interview Axl did with Kurt Loder after the VMA awards that even Axl was a bit confused on how he was going to rebuild every aspect of the GNR organization. Watch it.

I wonder....I'm inclined to believe the redhead is up to something that will definately make a bigger splash than the last attempt at resurfacing into the public spotlight. A couple of one off shows with the old group? I think it would be amazing... and you would what see the public reaction to it would do.

Remember Slash saying he had heard Chinese Democracy and that it was supposed to come out in March? Theres more to that than just a statement. Nothing but positive comments from Slash and Matt and a hateful spiteful outpouring from the one man who stands to really lose his last chance at being involved with the big time- Scott Weiland. I think that plays into the picture also.

The new band were and are retained studio muscians. They recieve a paycheck for thier services rendered. I suspect that they are fullfilling thier contracts to the letter. Especially the NON-Communication(gag order) portion! I can't imagine that Axl would use them and 13 million dollars as well as 13 years to lay the foundation as a grand experiment for the "old band" to suddenly step in and step up to the plate. To my mind that would be one of the biggest turnarounds/flip flops since John Kerry stood up and ran for president. BUT it would be one of the greatest reconciliations in modern history should it occour.

The dumping on the net of the rumoured songs that supposed had been the new direction. Interesting timing on the whole if you ask me. What was it that Axl said at Leeds(?) "Were just playing the songs that were considering on NOT putting on the album" Ok so after all this effort Axl realized that he has a a great solo album..maybe the most powerful solo album ever put out by a former member of a legendary rock group. I thought that the interview Axl did with Kurt Loder after the VMA awards that even Axl was a bit confused on how he was going to rebuild every aspect of the GNR organization. Watch it.

I wonder....I'm inclined to believe the redhead is up to something that will definately make a bigger splash than the last attempt at resurfacing into the public spotlight. A couple of one off shows with the old group? I think it would be amazing... and you would what see the public reaction to it would do.

The only problem with that is if the former members play with Axl, the public will NEVER accept the new lineup again. I don't think Axl would risk that unless it was much more financially rewarding than a small club show in NY.

The only problem with that is if the former members play with Axl, the public will NEVER accept the new lineup again. I don't think Axl would risk that unless it was much more financially rewarding than a small club show in NY.

True. Thats why I think that as much as we wish it might come to be it just isnt feasible. Its not that I think the new guys suck per se having seen them when they hit Moline Illinois. They don't by any stretch of the imagination. Its just a new reality and every &^%^$%$## person on this board rather they like it or not will have to deal with it very very shortly one way or another. As I see it we all stand to hear some great music and be entertained for a while. Some people won't adapt and go back to listening to what ever they were before and some will cement thier loyalty to this brand of GNR. My hopes are that its of big enough impact to be original, intelligent, innovative and relevant for this generation of rockers that have had to wade in shit up to thier eyeballs with the scene as it is today.

In that official statement that Axl released before he played in Hong Kong he addressed that issue of the former band. Read it. Thats why I think it would be a complete turnaround and it would have had to be a major rehaul.

Guys to be Honestlets just be happy the band is going on tour if Slash is there awsome but if not oh well because if VR comes out with a new record Ill pick it up because I enjoyed Contraband and i thought slash's guitar playing on the album was awsome just like his snake pit records. Zeppelin I cant see how you can say Slash's playing was sloppy the record did well so he must be doing something right. Listen I will enjoy the new records from both bands

and if slash isnt there then oh well people move on

You can count Duff out I read about a week ago that VR is going back in to finish their next album they had been waiting for some producer to free up time to make it. It was in mtv news bulletin they sent to me. A couple of days later it was in our newspaper also. Him and Scott was also on some country show Nasville Star or news something like that as guest judges. Can't imagine why they were on a country show but it was on mtv news also.

You can count Duff out I read about a week ago that VR is going back in to finish their next album they had been waiting for some producer to free up time to make it. It was in mtv news bulletin they sent to me. A couple of days later it was in our newspaper also. Him and Scott was also on some country show Nasville Star or news something like that as guest judges. Can't imagine why they were on a country show but it was on mtv news also.

There was no mention about Slash though.