SCOM - Big Daddy

Howard2k

Supposedly this track transitions part way through between "old GNR" and "New GNR".

Anyone know where in the track the merge takes places?

I'm speculating that right up to 3:00 is old GNR and from there on is New GNR. Am I full of shit? Anyone know the answer?

Im guessing where Axl sings the different studio quality part of "Where do we go?" ???

Yeah that's 3:32 into it. I was thinking it was actually just into the solo (3:00), which starts at 2:34. But obviously you guys still use cassettes or something so don't have the actual times ;)

Im guessing where Axl sings the different studio quality part of "Where do we go?" ???

Yeah that's 3:32 into it. I was thinking it was actually just into the solo (3:00), which starts at 2:34. But obviously you guys still use cassettes or something so don't have the actual times ;)

Well, what a condescending answer......I'm quite sure you must be the only one on this board to incorporate

the use of Compact Discs...........Fuck All, Damn, I'm still spinning Vinyl Records with a sewing needle

and a car battery............

Why are you asking after me.....Hmmmmm?

WARCHILD

Well, what a condescending answer......I'm quite sure you must be the only one on this board to incorporate

the use of Compact Discs...........Fuck All, Damn, I'm still spinning Vinyl Records with a sewing needle

WARCHILD

It would have been condescending had it been intended with seriousness, but in fact it was written in jest, hence the wink. No major offence intended :)

WARCHILD

It would have been condescending had it been intended with seriousness, but in fact it was written in jest, hence the wink. No major offence intended :)

I was being a dry humorist too.......not annoyed, was just playing around.....

weird sense of humor......

It's cool.....

sarcasm rules!!

warchild

Hehe - often enough I can be condescending so it could have been an easy mistake to make ;)

I thought I made a mistake once,........ but I was mistaken !!

Sooooo....Back on topic......

Which Version do you Prefer? Reasons?

Warchild

"Every woman is one asshole away from being a bitch"

Can someone plz tell me what the fuck you are talking about?

There was a new version of SCOM for the Big Daddy soundtrack. The first part of the song is "old GNR" playing live. The second part of the song is "new GNR" (circa 1999).

If you have the Big Daddy version throw it on and have a good listen.

Hehe - often enough I can be condescending so it could have been an easy mistake to make ;)

Warchild

I don't think it's a fair comparison really. To me the live track sounds a little "muddier" and if I'm right, and if the merge is at the 3 minute mark there is a pretty clear difference between the two versions.

My first impressions of the song where that the song was actually NOT that powerful. But then I did think that it really picked up towards the end of the song. And that was before I knew about the merge, I just noticed that it had a stronger ending. So there we go - I prefer the last part of the song.

There was a new version of SCOM for the Big Daddy soundtrack. The first part of the song is "old GNR" playing live. The second part of the song is "new GNR" (circa 1999).

Aaaanyway. You can download it from http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/audio/

And the switchover point comes with the ascending run of notes, when the wah pedal kicks in.

SG

Warchild

I don't think it's a fair comparison really. To me the live track sounds a little "muddier" and if I'm right, and if the merge is at the 3 minute mark there is a pretty clear difference between the two versions.

My first impressions of the song where that the song was actually NOT that powerful. But then I did think that it really picked up towards the end of the song. And that was before I knew about the merge, I just noticed that it had a stronger ending. So there we go - I prefer the last part of the song.

Good Observation!......some of my favorite songs are ones that I didn't immediately Love.....but learned to

appreciate, listening to the unexpected requires an open mind......and a closed mouth!

Take care,

W/C

Aaaanyway. You can download it from http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/audio/

And the switchover point comes with the ascending run of notes, when the wah pedal kicks in.

SG

I liked that version. I think it sounds cool. Obviously Robins solo sounds different to Slash at the end but it doesnt rock any less. Good songs always sound good!

whats with this Figgaro crap around 15 seconds in??

Somthing from the movie is it ?? :confused:

from 'marriage of figaro......'

classic

some opera thing is it??

must say, if that is finck playin the last solo bit, he aint too bad,

not in Slash territory but good all the same

whats with this Figgaro crap around 15 seconds in??

Somthing from the movie is it ?? :confused:

from 'marriage of figaro......'

classic

some opera thing is it??

must say, if that is finck playin the last solo bit, he aint too bad,

not in Slash territory but good all the same

Apples and oranges.......a Pentatonic scale is a Pentatonic scale is a Pentatonic scale

One more example that original versions use to be way better than the covers. :)

and opinions are like WHAT? Hmmmm?

The original is widely available......go listen to it....

this topic is for discussion of the other version.....

don't know if I'd call it a cover...by definition

One more example that original versions use to be way better than the covers. :)

So you preferred the first half?

I only like the AFD version.

And warchild, tell me, if it isn't a cover what is it ? A free interpretation ? :rofl-lol:

well, then there is the dust and bones section especially for you!!! Isn't that nice??AFD land!

and, an Artist has the right to paint the same picture a little differently, If he so desires............

because the view never stays the same.......

unless you have feet of clay, are stuck in time, and are stagnating at an alarming rate.....

WC

As far as I'm concerned that's the 'Live Era' version of the song. Axl sounds absoloutely dreadful in it. On that newgnr website click the part where it's 'Axl's studio singing of Sweet Child'. I don't know how they got that but he does sound pretty damn good there.

I don't think they ever done justice to Sweet Child O' Mine live to be honest. Axl would never sing it the way it was meant to be like on the record.