The Big Guns

wasted

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would be cool if the first single was a completly new song that no one have heard before:)

i think all the songs are going to be great songs.. problaby thats why its taken so long to finish the album

better is quite a good song, the drum beat is quite good in the song and when the base line comes in after like 40seconds then the whole song gets awsome but i think the blues is a cool song of the new bunch... and just think Axl didnt realy like SCOM but it was the bands best ranking song and so forth, so i would think there is some better songs that we havent heard.

why does everyone think better is the best song. :question:

Mainly because of Axl's voice in it, it sounds rough and heavy and clear and upfront, like in the old days, instead of "behind" the music.

Kannon.

the lyrics are well written, in madagascar does anyone know what it means? i have gone over the lyrics and it almost sounds like apart of Axl's life.... he mentions that he has been brought down in a storm meaning his ship has crashed on an island or he has had a fight and has won the fight but is wounded and then he goes on to say 'and left so far out from shore' meaning he is floating around and doesnt know where to go or he doesnt know where to begin his music career again after he basicaly has to start over again....... wont say much else but yea..... most people or all will think it sounds really stupid of me to even think that is what the song ment, but yea there is a lot of things that can almost tell a little bit of axls life in the song.

Edited by Vogstar90_G'N'R

Better is just a classic song and what is important is that it is a new direction that rocks. Some of the other songs are a bit like UYI era. But Better is so cool and original. And the final verse is so rocking and inspiring that you forget all about Slash and your sort of lost in the glory of that song. I was punching the air in my bunker this morning to Better. I kid you not kids.

"How about some Bachman, Turner and Overdrive?"

You've got to remember that its only you yourself who can judge whether a song is a big gun.

Axl prefers better, the blues, and there was a time, which is great...but it doesn't mean its the best song on the album...its only his opinion.

I guess we can only listen to the album and then wait and see what we think. all this talk of big guns is nonsense really. We're all individuals with different tastes, so it doesn't matter how big the hype of a song, its just what we think when we listen.

so as to whether we've heard any, i quite like them, but think there is better yet to come.

Big Guns??? Let's make it simple: What are the "big guns" on Appetite? Let me guess? WTTJ, Paradise City & SCOM. These are the most popular songs on the album. Obvioulsy not the best on the album. You know, there are still songs like: It's So Easy & Mr. Brownstone & Think About You, My Michelle & the huge Rocket Queen. What about UYI 1 & 2? Remember songs like: Right Next Door To Hell, Double Talkin' Jive, Coma, Breakdown, Locomotive & etc. The point is, don't focus to much on "the big guns". Just listen to all the music. You will decide what is cool. There will be many songs that you will take to. Whatever I have heard already, is many times better than anything VR. Let's hold our judgements untill the album. I am sure we will be pleasantly surprised.

What you need to remember when listening to this album that it's just Axl being Axl. He has spent the last decade exploring his musical ability and is trying to summarise the best of that onto an album worthy of 'Guns N' Roses'. The track 'Better' is particularly special to fans because I'm willing to bet every single one of them breathed a sigh of relief when it broke in and though 'Now that's Axl Rose!'. The 2002 tour left everyone slightly doubting Axl's ability to perform... can he still sing? Maybe he's holding back? 'Better' has shown everyone that Axl was successfully able to bring Guns N' Roses forward. I'm sure we would have all felt a little bit stumped if after this long time we were leaked just another 'Back Off Bitch'. Regarding Big Guns as you call them, I'm positive we have barely scratched the surface of 'Chinese Democracy'. I'm sure there'll be something on there that we love, something we like and something we don't. It just boils down to how you interpret a Big Gun I guess. For now, the leaks have shown Axl still has it and I'm sure the record will blow us away.

thats a great point made about 'Better'. Cos after the 02 live shows, i'll openly admit i doubted axl's singing ability. When better kicked in ater the inteo i got such a buzz. The important thing about the leaks is that everyone now knows that Axl can pull off his best vocals, and thats a great thing to be reassured of.

You've got to remember that its only you yourself who can judge whether a song is a big gun.

Axl prefers better, the blues, and there was a time, which is great...but it doesn't mean its the best song on the album...its only his opinion.

I guess we can only listen to the album and then wait and see what we think. all this talk of big guns is nonsense really. We're all individuals with different tastes, so it doesn't matter how big the hype of a song, its just what we think when we listen.

so as to whether we've heard any, i quite like them, but think there is better yet to come.

Great post, agreed B)

Big Guns??? Let's make it simple: What are the "big guns" on Appetite? Let me guess? WTTJ, Paradise City & SCOM. These are the most popular songs on the album. Obvioulsy not the best on the album. You know, there are still songs like: It's So Easy & Mr. Brownstone & Think About You, My Michelle & the huge Rocket Queen. What about UYI 1 & 2? Remember songs like: Right Next Door To Hell, Double Talkin' Jive, Coma, Breakdown, Locomotive & etc. The point is, don't focus to much on "the big guns". Just listen to all the music. You will decide what is cool. There will be many songs that you will take to. I am sure we will be pleasantly surprised.

Agree 100%

i think there will be songs better than better (lol) i think better was the worst of the leaks so i hope there are better songs. i like better just not as much as the other songs

Better the worst of the leaks? What???? Better is awesome and the best of the leaks in my book. Well I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.....