Actual subject and meaning of the name Guns N' Roses

Son Of A Gun

I sometimes think that the name Guns N' Roses is not all about band players. Every rock band has a certain theme to them, and whilst members come and go, the game is to keep the theme going. Maybe Guns N' Roses is not about members, maybe it is about its own subject and the meaning of it...love and hate. If we all take a look at the band in that way, like all other bands have worked...what has changed then? Nothing whatsoever. The songs have the same theme, perhaps different players but they are the same theme. I cannot deny this as being Guns N' Roses looking at it from this point of view, that it is about the theme that keeps the band going. I don't think anybody else would disagree looking at it this way.

I sometimes think that the name Guns N' Roses is not all about band players. Every rock band has a certain theme to them, and whilst members come and go, the game is to keep the theme going. Maybe Guns N' Roses is not about members, maybe it is about its own subject and the meaning of it...love and hate. If we all take a look at the band in that way, like all other bands have worked...what has changed then? Nothing whatsoever. The songs have the same theme, perhaps different players but they are the same theme. I cannot deny this as being Guns N' Roses looking at it from this point of view, that it is about the theme that keeps the band going. I don't think anybody else would disagree looking at it this way.

Interesting post. I agree with your idea of it being about hate and love.

but the new members...well its not them who have maintained this idea, its more Axl who has done that, because the leaks we heard are certainly written mainly by Axl. We won't really know 100% what the new band is about until Chinese Democracy comes out.

This is what I think of the name Guns n' Roses (I know what it really means but I think my theory is pretty good too ;))

"Guns" representates the faster, attitude songs (Jungle, Paradise and you know, the faster songs)

"Roses" representates the ballads (November Rain, Estranged, Patience, Don't Cry, the slower tempo songs)

So, while GnR is a group that made both types of songs I think the name Guns n' Roses fits them perfectly! ;)

Anyone got my point?

This is what I think of the name Guns n' Roses (I know what it really means but I think my theory is pretty good too ;))

"Guns" representates the faster, attitude songs (Jungle, Paradise and you know, the faster songs)

"Roses" representates the ballads (November Rain, Estranged, Patience, Don't Cry, the slower tempo songs)

So, while GnR is a group that made both types of songs I think the name Guns n' Roses fits them perfectly! ;)

Anyone got my point?

Good post.