1986 an EP... 20 years later another?

Newbie Rose

I think it would make some sense (if anything in the world of GnR makes any sense these days) that theyd put out just an EP(4-6 tracks) this year as a taster to see the public reaction. If critics and fans alike would be dissapointed, Axl could always talk it off by saying it wasnt an actual album. This would also give them an opportunity to "perfect"(again) the final album. Besides an EP could be sold at a cheaper price than a full-length, and thatd most definetely increase the sales(= better chart position btw...). As we all must understand "People will hear music this year" doesnt have to mean a full-length album or CD... And since its 20 years from GnR´s first release(which was also an EP), in the middle of all these different conspiracy theories itd make perfect sense to me if theyd put out an EP this year. Besides thatd add some symmetry to GnRs career... :P

Oh, and 2007 would be the PERFECT year to release a full-lenght album/CD, cause then its 20 years from the release of a certain album.... :rofl-lol: rock1

Edited by Newbie Rose

I think it would make some sense (if anything in the world of GnR makes any sense these days) that theyd put out just an EP(4-6 tracks) this year as a taster to see the public reaction. If critics and fans alike would be dissapointed, Axl could always talk it off by saying it wasnt an actual album. This would also give them an opportunity to "perfect"(again) the final album. Besides an EP could be sold at a cheaper price than a full-length, and thatd most definetely increase the sales(= better chart position btw...). As we all must understand "People will hear music this year" doesnt have to mean a full-length album or CD... And since its 20 years from GnR´s first release(which was also an EP), in the middle of all these different conspiracy theories itd make perfect sense to me if theyd put out an EP this year. Besides thatd add some symmetry to GnRs career... :P

I dont think that is a good idea at all. It is time to get this album out, if an ep comes out, then we will have to here "12 years and only 5 songs?" You guys have to understand, not everyone is going to like this album, Period! Not everyone likes AFD. These excuses about perfecting are getting old, along with axl, and the rest of us. When it comes out, we as fans will appreciate it, for what it is, an album by one of our favorite lead singers. Dont kid yourself, there will be negative comments, WHO CARES! My favorite team finally won the superbowl this year, and people still tell me they suck. Oh well, that is there opinion. Axl doesnt have to prove himself anymore, they album one of the greatest albums ever. I think at this point in his life, he can do what ever makes him happy. There are some that will want him to fail, no matter how good CD is. I just want to here this thing, because I know that I, along with most on this board will appreciate it!

I dont think that is a good idea at all. It is time to get this album out, if an ep comes out, then we will have to here "12 years and only 5 songs?" You guys have to understand, not everyone is going to like this album, Period! Not everyone likes AFD. These excuses about perfecting are getting old, along with axl, and the rest of us. When it comes out, we as fans will appreciate it, for what it is, an album by one of our favorite lead singers. Dont kid yourself, there will be negative comments, WHO CARES! My favorite team finally won the superbowl this year, and people still tell me they suck. Oh well, that is there opinion. Axl doesnt have to prove himself anymore, they album one of the greatest albums ever. I think at this point in his life, he can do what ever makes him happy. There are some that will want him to fail, no matter how good CD is. I just want to here this thing, because I know that I, along with most on this board will appreciate it!

Well said.

The EP notion is silly the fact that there is no precedent for this is demonstration enough of just how illogical it would be.

I don't want an EP today and then CD in 2 years. Just give me CD now. Heck, even tomorrow is ok.

you really think that Axl cares what the critics think? if he released an EP he would then have to right 5-6 more songs and that could take another 2 years! just release CD, if people don't like it who cares, if people love it great.

rock4

Axl cares very much what others think. Amazing you don't know that by now.

you really think that Axl cares what the critics think? if he released an EP he would then have to right 5-6 more songs and that could take another 2 years! just release CD, if people don't like it who cares, if people love it great.

rock4

Axl cares very much what others think. Amazing you don't know that by now.

yeah you should know that. if he didnt care he would have released the cd

That's the worst idea I've ever heard.

All these years and he releases an EP as a taster? It would get slaughtered no matter how good it was and people would grow to absolutely hate CD before it was even released. Then what? He goes back into hiding for another 4 years? FUCK THAT.

They should do...

Euro tour+single

Album Drops

US + rest of the world tour follows

Which is probably what they will do.

Edited by PurpleHaze

I don't think they will release an E.p.....like does any1 really do E.P's anymore???? i thinks its more of a chance that they will do a double album,a bit like the chilli Peppers new album,since Axl SUPPOSEDLY HAS so much NEW material.

a fucking e.p.????13 years an a fucking e.p.????if this its tru,I will buy my tickets in ebay for 1000$ a say fuck to axl "fucking lazy "rose,I will smashing his stupid face when I wil see him in NY¡¡¡¡¡¡¡well,all this if this its tru :wub:

An EP does make some sense if a reunion was to happen. I say this because if they were doing a full fledged reunion starting now the band likely would not have enough material to put out an album right away. Axl could release his Chinese Democracy EP to satiate the appetite of his fans, and then over the summer and winter the band could work on the new album, to come out in summer of 2007. Hard to imagine the new band (which is really the old band) releasing the old band's (which is really the new band) work (Chi Dem I mean) perhaps, but who knows? This is all hypothetical anyways.

I know an EP is not a popular idea...that's fine. That doesn't mean it couldn't serve a purpose. It just depends on what purpose the band is looking to serve.

For me, after years of nothing I wouldn't scoff at an EP. Studio versions of some of the songs we have been longing for with the promise of more in a year? Where do I sign? I'd just be happy to get something.

Edited by KBear

The 4 songs which were leaked are the "EP". They may have not been intended for the public intially, but were certainly used to secure promoter interest for the current tour. Since they've been released onto the internet, there absolutely have been "notes taken" regarding the public/press reaction. In any case, my feeling is this *is* it until Chinese Democracy is released.