Saxon

Maddergascar

yeah, off to see them tommorrow in Manchester. Some of their songs are really good, up their with Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. I tend to get the feeling that old bands either get dumped in the "legends" category or the "failure/cheeseball" category, and this is kinda unfair, cause their are tons of good bands who, for whatever reason, had transient success, but at the time, were up their with peer that are well remembered today. Anyone else know them?

Guest zipgunboogie

FUCK YEAH rock3

i have to say i like them better than Judas Priest such a good band i really like them....

Denam and Leather

Just Let Me Rock !!!!!!!!! good songs

• 1 year later...

Isnt there around 3 different Saxon's on the go from the old members?

True, but old Biff Byford's version is the best.

Edit: Wrote Byson, don't know what I was thinking.

Just like L.A Guns then (ish).

Iceman recommended me them - I shall look into them

I don't think there are multiple Saxons.

Anyway, they're an awesome band. Especially live. I've seen them twice (and even touched the bass player) and I've seen Maiden once, and I can say, Saxon is live way better. One of the best bands you can see. And the new album rules. rock3

"When Graham Oliver left in 1995 (replaced by Doug Scarratt), the band split into two different Saxon groups - one dominated by vocalist Byford and his cohort Quinn and the other consisting of original Saxon members Oliver and Dawson. A period of legal actions ensued, resulting in both groups having the right to use Saxon in their name (although former member one must be indicated as "Oliver/Dawson Saxon"). "

"When Graham Oliver left in 1995 (replaced by Doug Scarratt), the band split into two different Saxon groups - one dominated by vocalist Byford and his cohort Quinn and the other consisting of original Saxon members Oliver and Dawson. A period of legal actions ensued, resulting in both groups having the right to use Saxon in their name (although former member one must be indicated as "Oliver/Dawson Saxon"). "

Ah, didn't know that. I then twice saw the one with Biff Byford. Fuckin' ace singer. rock3