Only play new songs petition

PopcornAdler

Who else wants Axl to play us all your new stuff and let us be the judges? We have heard the classics for a long time and if he has 2 or 3 albums worth of material then lets hear it..... How amazing would it be to stand through a this show in awww with only recognizing 3 or 4 songs.

Anybody else agree

Don't get me wrong I do love some Its so easy and Pefect crime but hey, the peole going to these show are the true judges...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else wants Axl to play us all your new stuff and let us be the judges? We have heard the classics for a long time and if he has 2 or 3 albums worth of material then lets hear it..... How amazing would it be to stand through a this show in awww with only recognizing 3 or 4 songs.

Anybody else agree

Don't get me wrong I do love some Its so easy and Pefect crime but hey, the peole going to these show are the true judges...

no I don't agree

oh my god, that is the most stupid idea ever if you ask me. if there are people who arnt old fans they might think they are shit coz its not rock n roll which they supposadly are.

Edited by ssiscool

One must understand that this is a whole new band. This is not the GnR that existed in the 80's or 90's. If they want to make it they have to show us something. I have been a fan of GnR Since 1986 and trust me we all want new shit. When they hit arenas they can then put back in the Classics but for us selective few. NEW NEW NEW

Its suicide to say the least, regaurdless what people say about it being a new band and they should play just their songs...they still have to play the old songs aswell because quite frankly... playing a set of completely new songs from an album that hasnt been released yet is stupid...

Guns N' Roses = Guns N' Roses

they must stick to their heritage or prepare to have no reaction from the audiences...

remember Velvet Revolver at Live 8? NO ONE, and I repeat....NO ONE knew their songs at all and they got no reaction whatsoever... (reguardless of what kind of audience it is)

Fans want to hear the old songs and the new songs

and Guns n Roses are going to play them.

Frankly, a lot of GNR fans don't give a fuck about the old songs played by this band.

Who needs to listen to Finck butchering November Rain ?

what's a guns n roses concert, if they don't play some of the old stuff.

Songs like Welcome to the jungle, nightrain, november rain, Sweet child o mine etc are essential for the play list.

And fans do wanna hear it.

NO ONE, and I repeat....NO ONE knew their songs

But they did afterwards. Isn't that the point? A new band introducing new songs to a new audience? Would have been piss weak to see them up there relying on past glories and playing GnR and STP tracks.

Axl shouldn't completely ignore the old material, but if the setlist is anything like it was in '02 (nearly entirely old tunes) NuGnR will again be called a glorified cover band, and Axl will cop a heap of shit.

I want to hear this new (and supposedly talented) band playing their own stuff.

NO ONE, and I repeat....NO ONE knew their songs

But they did afterwards. Isn't that the point? A new band introducing new songs to a new audience? Would have been piss weak to see them up there relying on past glories and playing GnR and STP tracks.

Axl shouldn't completely ignore the old material, but if the setlist is anything like it was in '02 (nearly entirely old tunes) NuGnR will again be called a glorified cover band, and Axl will cop a heap of shit.

I want to hear this new (and supposedly talented) band playing their own stuff.

they will be playing their own stuff :rolleyes:

They will play what the fans want - a mix of old and new!

How the fuck can you play a show without PC or WTTJ? - You can't!

Fotunatly GnR make the rules about what they do and not the MYGNR fan base ;)

Off topic

Just while im here what the fuck is it with all the " Official " threads of late?

Who makes them Official?

What makes them official?

Its not an official thread its just a thread so stop adding official in the hope it will get more attention.

Guns N' Roses is/was big because of songs like Welcome to the jungle,Paradise city,November rain,... I don't think that it is smart to play a 2 hour set with only "new" songs. You don't have to forget that not only fans are going to see the show. There are also a lot of people who wanted to see the band because of Axl and because of the old songs.Ever tought of it how the critics would be when they only play "new" songs? It would be much better that they play like 5 "new" songs together with songs from Appetite and Illusion + some covers of the Spaghetti incident (Hair of the dog,Ain't it fun,Down on the farm,...?).

Here's a whacky thought...

...Let them play what THEY want to??? :huh:

No in 2002 it was called the "Chinese Democracy tour". They played 6 Chinese Democracy songs. One of which had already been released to so so reviews a few years before ("Oh My God"). They should have called the 2002 tour the "New Lineup fundraiser tour". I'd like to see them play some of the old Chinese Democracy songs, along with the new leaks, and new songs we've never even heard yet. Fans wanting to hear classics on tour is not an appropriate excuse for Axl to keeping living off the past glories of old Guns N' Roses. This tour he needs to put up or shutup with his new music and lineup. Axl I'll be there to hear your "big guns" on the 15th of May!

Edited by G n F n R

Guns N' Roses is/was big because of songs like Welcome to the jungle,Paradise city,November rain,... I don't think that it is smart to play a 2 hour set with only "new" songs. You don't have to forget that not only fans are going to see the show. There are also a lot of people who wanted to see the band because of Axl and because of the old songs.Ever tought of it how the critics would be when they only play "new" songs? It would be much better that they play like 5 "new" songs together with songs from Appetite and Illusion + some covers of the Spaghetti incident (Hair of the dog,Ain't it fun,Down on the farm,...?).

You'd really prefer the band to play Hair of the Dog than a new song from Chinese Democracy? Wow.

Anyway, I think the setlist will ultimately determine whether this tour is a nostalgia trip for Axl, or a way of promoting the new band and the release of Chinese Democracy. I know what I've got my fingers crossed for.

Edited by Dead Flower

And to add one more thing

After 2 hours of new stuff when we are all walking out the door thinking wow or whatever, they should hand out a cd with some of the new shit on it that was played durring the show. And not the leaks.

Now there is a thanks for putting up with all the fucking bullshit

Here's a whacky thought...

...Let them play what THEY want to??? :huh:

No in 2002 it was called the "Chinese Democracy tour". They played 6 Chinese Democracy songs. One of which had already been released to so so reviews a few years before ("Oh My God"). They should have called the 2002 tour the "New Lineup fundraiser tour". I'd like to see them play some of the old Chinese Democracy songs, along with the new leaks, and new songs we've never even heard yet. Fans wanting to hear classics on tour is not an appropriate excuse for Axl to keeping living off the past glories of old Guns N' Roses. This tour he needs to put up or shutup with his new music and lineup. Axl I'll be there to hear your "big guns" on the 15th of May!

It's a 2 hour show, they are going to play the old and new. And also Axl wrote a majority of the old songs, so he can sing them if he wants.

people should just be satisfied that Guns n Roses are back and Axl is out and about soon to hit the stage ready to rock!!! rock3

You'd really prefer the band to play Hair of the Dog than a new song from Chinese Democracy? Wow.

Anyway, I think the setlist will ultimately determine whether this tour is a nostalgia trip for Axl, or a way of promoting the new band and the release of Chinese Democracy. I know what I've got my fingers crossed for.

What was it that you didn't understand? I said 5 "new" songs. Read everything before you complain.

I think that they should just stick to the iconic GNR stuff - WTTJ, SCOM, Paradise City... and maybe It's So Easy.

And that's it for the old stuff. No covers, no 1991 UYI shit...

Focus on the future, the new songs. I want to hear this band in action with songs that they've written.

Edited by EccoTides