Only play new songs petition

PopcornAdler

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Axl didn't play any of the old songs, I'd be severly dissapointed. I wanna hear atleast 10 classics. Hell, 3-5 new songs is plenty for me, considering that there are only going to be 13 on the new album.

When you bought the tickets you did so with the knowledge that Axl has a completely new band that are probably very keen to play their own music. If you leave dissapointed, it's your own fault.

and they wont stop. Those are the songs that made them great. not the shit on contraband. Those are the songs they'll be remembered for and they know that.

Fuck you, you little toad. I can't believe you're dumb enough to say that when Axl hasn't had the balls to put out any new material for the best part of ten years. His last tour was built almost entirely around songs from Appetite.

Guns n' Roses were a huge band and I realise that it's a very hard to try and top that legacy. But at least Slash and Duff tried. At least they had the guts to release a new album and tour with only a bare minimum of old material. I've got so much respect for that.

And I tell ya what, If I'm ever lucky enough to see Velvet Revolver live I'll be there for Sucker Train Blues, Slither, Superhuman and the rest of Contraband.

and they wont stop. Those are the songs that made them great. not the shit on contraband. Those are the songs they'll be remembered for and they know that.

Fuck you, you little toad. I can't believe you're dumb enough to say that when Axl hasn't had the balls to put out any new material for the best part of ten years. His last tour was built almost entirely around songs from Appetite.

Guns n' Roses were a huge band and I realise that it's a very hard to try and top that legacy. But at least Slash and Duff tried. At least they had the guts to release a new album and tour with only a bare minimum of old material. I've got so much respect for that.

And I tell ya what, If I'm ever lucky enough to see Velvet Revolver live I'll be there for Sucker Train Blues, Slither, Superhuman and the rest of Contraband.

:laugh:

Fuck all this bullshit. The bottom line is,fans will be disappointed if old tunes are not played. As much as I love the new songs,A GN'R show wouldn't be the same if Axl wasn't running around singing Jungle.

exactly

they will be giving fans a mix of both, old and new to enjoy.

it's going to be awesome

I can't wait and I'm not even going.

and here are people who are going complaining that they might sing a few old songs, give me a break, you should be thankful you are going to see them perform live, and be grateful and just

enjoy the show

I'm just happy they are back!!!!!!

and here are people who are going complaining that they might sing a few old songs, give me a break, you should be thankful you are going to see them perform live, and be grateful and just enjoy the show

What crap. No one is going to care if they play a "few" of the old songs. Some people are just worried that Axl will make the same mistake he did in '02 and play nothing but old songs. Now maybe you see nothing wrong with that, but plenty of others will.

Yes, Axl has you well trained. He could feed you a shit sandwich and you'd clap your hands and ask for more.

What crap. No one is going to care if they play a "few" of the old songs. Some people are just worried that Axl will make the same mistake he did in '02 and play nothing but old songs. Now maybe you see nothing wrong with that, but plenty of others will.

I think it going to be different than 2002.

They will be playing more new songs than what they did on the 2002 tour.

But they still have to play the old song songs to.

Yes, Axl has you well trained. He could feed you a shit sandwich and you'd clap your hands and ask for more.

What's that suppose to mean

and here are people who are going complaining that they might sing a few old songs, give me a break, you should be thankful you are going to see them perform live, and be grateful and just enjoy the show

She's just a mindless fan like Axl's disillusion who believe that the man is infallible. I wonder if these people even have a backbone? I wonder what their reaction would be if they paid money, flew to New York, booked a hotel room and waited two hours for Axl only to find out he won't show up....

i guess they would say : "he was probably watching the lakers game, I understand totally, he's only human he doesn't owe us anything"

I bet you money if he doesn't show up, these 2 will rationalize it in some manner....

If Axl plans to release Chinese Democracy then he will do what all touring bands do, support the album while also playing the old songs that work live, thats how all bands do it. I promise you, you will never attend a GNR show without hearing DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE

However the days of opening with WTTJ are short lived...

Could happen.

People say they can't imagine seeing a GnR concert without having WTTJ opening the show, but how do they know Axl doesn't have a new kickass rock song that is also a good opener.

Velvet Revolver did it with Sucker Train Blues.

Could happen.

People say they can't imagine seeing a GnR concert without having WTTJ opening the show, but how do they know Axl doesn't have a new kickass rock song that is also a good opener.

Exactly. Like the summertour back in 1991 where most of the shows where opened with Right next door to hell or Perfect crime. Kick ass opening songs,much better than WTTJ or It's so easy.

She's just a mindless fan like Axl's disillusion who believe that the man is infallible. I wonder if these people even have a backbone? I wonder what their reaction would be if they paid money, flew to New York, booked a hotel room and waited two hours for Axl only to find out he won't show up....

i guess they would say : "he was probably watching the lakers game, I understand totally, he's only human he doesn't owe us anything"

I bet you money if he doesn't show up, these 2 will rationalize it in some manner....

Indeed..

If you choose to battle wits with the witless be prepared to lose..

-Kickingthehabit

Could happen.

Exactly. Like the summertour back in 1991 where most of the shows where opened with Right next door to hell or Perfect crime. Kick ass opening songs,much better than WTTJ or It's so easy.

Wrong. At least at one show I went to. The first show they played after St. Louis in 1991. They had cancelled some shows (some equipment was wrecked in riot), then the Dallas show was the first one after that. GNR did not go on until after 11:00 though, several hours after Skid Row had finished.

The crowd was getting pissed, chairs and trash being thrown, fights were breaking out in the crowd. Then just after my buddy said to me - "If they don't start soon, there will be another riot" - BAM - the lights go out, WTTJ begins, and chaos erupts. Great rock n roll chaos. Nothing could have been better at that point. It was awesome.

Edited by JEEP11

She's just a mindless fan like Axl's disillusion who believe that the man is infallible.

mindless? :no: Just because some of us have a greater respect for Axl Rose doesn't mean we think he can do no wrong. Of course I'd be fucking pissed if the concert got cancelled. but that wouldn't mean I'm no longer a GNR fan or that I dont respect Axl's talent. I simply support the current lineup dude.. something you should be doing too if you are posting on a GNR board in 2006. No amount of your bitches whining is going to bring the old band back together.

No amount of your bitches whining is going to bring the old band back together.

That's not even the issue. We don't want the old band back together. But those guys made the GNR name what it is today, so to see someone like you discrediting their contribution is a bit of a pisser.

Re: this topic, I'll say that I'd be happy if it was all new songs. We've heard all the other stuff before, and if I were going to see G&R in 06 I wouldn't want a reprise of the 02 setlist.

I'd be right stoked if they did ALL of Chinese Democracy instead.

Who else wants Axl to play us all your new stuff and let us be the judges? We have heard the classics for a long time and if he has 2 or 3 albums worth of material then lets hear it..... How amazing would it be to stand through a this show in awww with only recognizing 3 or 4 songs.

Anybody else agree

Don't get me wrong I do love some Its so easy and Pefect crime but hey, the peole going to these show are the true judges...

No! Thank you.