Degauss

Painkiller545

"Degaussing a computer monitor clears electromagnetic buildup from the screen. Although it is hardly ever necessary, degaussing can sometimes slightly improve picture quality. "

Interesting.

Edited by roadkilled

What does this function do on your computer screen? Like, i know it shakes the screen and all, but what is the goddam point?

TW@

i think you need to calm down.

As soon as I read the first two words of your post I thought to myself "impossible"

ontopic:

it's basicaly demagnetise.

roadkilled's explenation is correct.

:rofl-lol:

There's menu buttons on your monitor you can use to access the degauss function. It's the picture of the horse-shoe magnet with the line through it.

Sometimes if you have like a magnet, or power adapter or other electronic device next to your monitor, it makes the screen wobble a little or you get a tinge of green or purple on the screen. You get rid of that by degaussing it a few times.

There's menu buttons on your monitor you can use to access the degauss function. It's the picture of the horse-shoe magnet with the line through it.

Sometimes if you have like a magnet, or power adapter or other electronic device next to your monitor, it makes the screen wobble a little or you get a tinge of green or purple on the screen. You get rid of that by degaussing it a few times.

damn

beat me to it :P