Release Date In New York ???

Kollemann99

It's hard to take the prophecies of a radio deejay to heart,but I can't rule out the possibility of an announcement (at the very least) around the time of the N.Y.C. shows.

honestly, how can he NOT address it? it'd be like having dinner with Jesus and talking about sports the entire time.

Axl is a real person.

even if you don't believe in Jesus, you should still get the point. :book:

He'll probably let Slash make the announcement.

He already did, and March was not the month of release :rolleyes:

slash made it a mistake he was ment to say june :rolleyes:

what year? :P:P

2006 silly unless slash is ghoing to get it wrong again :(:P

My opinion, if the album isn't done and already out of Axl's hand by the first new york show, then the album isn't going to be finished before the end of the summer, what with all the tours and festivals coming up. and if axl wouldn't finish the album when he had 13 years with nothing else going on, then you can be damn sure he won't finish the album while on tour! i really hope that its finished and a date is announced at the concert!

i only wish i could be there! i was supposed to have a ticket to the concert in exchange for some work, but the person i was making the deal with has stopped responding :anger:

so if anyone else has a ticket they'd trade for some work... :rolleyes:

and since im rambling on and on, i guess i'll just input here, i can't wait to rock out to the new album! rock3

Guns N' Roses have already been added to Geffen's website, so this is a possibility. At this point though, I don't think anyone on this forum will be satisfied with a simple release date from Axl. After all these years of false starts and waiting, I won't believe anything until I actually have the CD in my stereo.

that is kind of interesting. last month g n r wasn't listed on geffen's site. perhaps things are finally going to happen.

one would think that Axl would HAVE to say something about when we can expect the cd at these shows.

i could see him waiting til the final nyc show to say anything about it though.

More vagueries. I just sometimes wish we didn't have as much access to info as we do. When we were waiting for Use Your Illusions, we just waited and hopefully got some info from journalists who didn't jump the gun quite as much as journalists do today, because it was less likely that they were going to be "beaten to the punch". So we had less info, but it was more accurate, and we had fewer expectations of knowing exactly when Axl was picking his nose last Wednesday. Call me old school, but I'll believe a specific date from a traditional, realistic source. Examples: Rolling Stone or similar periodical, Guns N Roses, Axl Rose, record store. Bad examples of sources: elsewhere, blabbermouth, metal sludge

To my knowledge, he didn't address the Album's release date ONCE during the 2002 tour, if he mentions it here during one of these four shows, i will be shocked.

I have some bootlegs of the 1991 shows, early on they kept saying it would be out July 23....Came out September 17th, so who the fuck knows...

My opinion, if the album isn't done and already out of Axl's hand by the first new york show, then the album isn't going to be finished before the end of the summer, what with all the tours and festivals coming up. and if axl wouldn't finish the album when he had 13 years with nothing else going on, then you can be damn sure he won't finish the album while on tour! i really hope that its finished and a date is announced at the concert!

i only wish i could be there! i was supposed to have a ticket to the concert in exchange for some work, but the person i was making the deal with has stopped responding :anger:

and since im rambling on and on, i guess i'll just input here, i can't wait to rock out to the new album! rock3

If I remember correctly they've toured for nearly three years, in which the illusions were released, so don't be so sure of that.

And you wanna trade a ticket for some work? It's possible, but then the work would be fucking my mom for a month, since she's been dry for about 8 years now...

More vagueries. I just sometimes wish we didn't have as much access to info as we do. When we were waiting for Use Your Illusions, we just waited and hopefully got some info from journalists who didn't jump the gun quite as much as journalists do today, because it was less likely that they were going to be "beaten to the punch". So we had less info, but it was more accurate, and we had fewer expectations of knowing exactly when Axl was picking his nose last Wednesday. Call me old school, but I'll believe a specific date from a traditional, realistic source. Examples: Rolling Stone or similar periodical, Guns N Roses, Axl Rose, record store. Bad examples of sources: elsewhere, blabbermouth, metal sludge

Or my personal favorite, "this guy I know who has been VERY reliable in the past".

Just because you manage a Sam Goody means fuck all in the grand scheme.

I gotta think that, given how much partying and the number of "relaxed" public outings Axl's been on, of late, out in NYC....the album is done.

Maybe it's not mastered yet....but IF there is any intention of releasing this album any time soon....Axl sure is acting like he's "done" with work. Know what I mean?

I gotta think that, given how much partying and the number of "relaxed" public outings Axl's been on, of late, out in NYC....the album is done.

Maybe it's not mastered yet....but IF there is any intention of releasing this album any time soon....Axl sure is acting like he's "done" with work. Know what I mean?

Agree, I think that he's done with the studio cave and has handed it off for mastering. This allows him time and reason to go celebrate and just chill out and have fun. rock3

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Sirius actually was the first to play something from the new record. Remember that Dizzy was on recently, and Sirius headquarters is in NYC, where, as we all know, Axl's been hanging out for some time now. I REALLY, REALLY think May 16th will be a big day for GN'R fans.

It's hard to take the prophecies of a radio deejay to heart,but I can't rule out the possibility of an announcement (at the very least) around the time of the N.Y.C. shows.

honestly, how can he NOT address it? it'd be like having dinner with Jesus and talking about sports the entire time.

Axl is a real person.

So you are telling me that Chui doesnt exist?

Could 1,ooo Mexicans be wrong? I mean, I know someone didnt Print his face on a Tortitlla to get free promotion. That couldnt be it!

:P

Right now they are more occupied with drugs soon to be legalized.

Why would Jebus be eating with me, thats what I want to know.

Axl went on Tour last time and no actual date was given. So what difference should this make?

Just because some Demos from couple of years back were released and some random idiot forgot to post a bands name in their website its an omen?

His face is only in newspapers right now because he wants to promote a simple tour heading to Europe with small gigs in NY.

Man, I feel like puching the fat kid in class just out of uncontrolled anger just to prove some people here how their theories sometimes fall out of the sky for them and they still are blind none the less.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Sirius actually was the first to play something from the new record. Remember that Dizzy was on recently, and Sirius headquarters is in NYC, where, as we all know, Axl's been hanging out for some time now. I REALLY, REALLY think May 16th will be a big day for GN'R fans.

Two weeks - we'd know about it.

BEST case we'll get a date. I'm hopeful for that, but we'll see.

I didn't mean seeing the full CD on May 16th, but I think a radio single is very possible. I'm also suggesting that Sirius would be allowed to play it before anyone else. It seems trendy for artists to go to satellite radio with new material these days.

I didn't mean seeing the full CD on May 16th, but I think a radio single is very possible. I'm also suggesting that Sirius would be allowed to play it before anyone else. It seems trendy for artists to go to satellite radio with new material these days.

Oh ok,sorry. Misunderstanding on my part :)