Primal Scream - XTRMNTR

atom heart mother

The imagery is ferocious, the most angriest album ive ever heard, it has the ability to smack you in the face and smack you again unlike any other album, it succeeds at tearing heads off, shooting fascists, and quickly asking questions later with unbelievable fury. It pisses over anything ever achieved by bands like rage against the machine and Nine Inch Nails.

XTRMNTR is a nasty, fierce realization of an entire world that has also lost the plot. The album starts with a gloriously vindictive sample of a kid commanding "Kill All Hippies," and this roughly states the album's modus operandi. There are songs shouting with furious, feedback-splayed anger ("Blood Money," "Exterminator"), songs of club-based revolt (both house-influenced versions of "Swastika Eyes"), and songs of utterly manic desperation ("Accelerator"), there are also moments of brief gentleness in the beautiful ("keep your dreams")

a true modern classic.

Edited by atom heart mother

Yup! i have to agree its the most important album this decade being released in 2000, most people were initially shocked that the scream could come up something so youthful and exciting so late in their careers, it will always be in my top five albums ever, the bass the sampling those guitars on accelerator blows the roof off and turns it inside out, its the lust for life of this decade...keep your dreams is just a ballad of EPIC proportions, and the lyrics are just as impressive, swashtika eyes is their dance screamadelica song but kill all hippies has to be the scariest most bass heavy opener to any album EVER.

If anyone out there wants to check out new music go and buy it tommorrow, you wont regret it.

That was deep....but its true

Yup! i have to agree its the most important album this decade being released in 2000, most people were initially shocked that the scream could come up something so youthful and exciting so late in their careers, it will always be in my top five albums ever, the bass the sampling those guitars on accelerator blows the roof off and turns it inside out, its the lust for life of this decade...keep your dreams is just a ballad of EPIC proportions, and the lyrics are just as impressive, swashtika eyes is their dance screamadelica song but kill all hippies has to be the scariest most bass heavy opener to any album EVER.

If anyone out there wants to check out new music go and buy it tommorrow, you wont regret it.

That was deep....but its true

nice to see a fellow scream fan, the bass lines on the album are genius! il also agree that it is one of if not THE most important album of this decade so far.

I always have it pumping on my mp3 player when im out, love it, not sure about their return to Rocks era scream on the new album but its still better then most stuff out at the moment, yeah glad to see that im not the only XTMNTR junkie on this forum :)

wouldnt say it was a return to the "rocks" sound, but they are completely ditching the electronic sound, Think this is their final attempt to break big, Country Girl is a great fun single, cant wait to hear the album, have you heard suicide sally and johhny guitar?