The Rolling Stones vs. Aerosmith

adnan

Stones vs. Aero  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is almost impossible to compare these two bands.... The Rolling Stones are just one of the best bands ever, they are the beggining of ROCK N ROLL......

Aerosmith are a good band but they can NEVER be compared the rolling Stones work

One of the most ridiculous polls ive ever seen, cant even compare the two bands. Aerosmith are a poor mans version of the rolling stones, Theres no shame wearing your influeces on your sleeve, but they just do it badly IMO, so many terrible songs, one of the worst BIG bands ever.

i think...british bands per say playing the blues, where, y'know, i dont mind it, i aint predudice against it, it aint really authentic is it? i can see the barrage of "oh, so u hafta be american to play the blues posts?" well no, u dont, but its very much a part of the american identity, just as im sure fish n chips over here suck or like...us guys aint as good at soccer n stuffs it's just...y'know, can't HELP where shit orignates from n based on that i think, saying that Aerosmith copy the Stones THAT much, jus aint true...the heart n soul of it is an american thing, John Lennon hit the nail on the head with Yer Blues i think, very satirical. the fact of the matter is, Mick Jagger TOOK an accent, his singing voice, thats a fucking James Brown impersonation and he's admitted that himself, add to that a little faux "fag dancing" n there ya got it, Mick Jagger, i aint denying the contribution (of the stones i mean) cuz its huge but...some leaning a little on aerosmith in this thread.

One of the most ridiculous polls ive ever seen, cant even compare the two bands. Aerosmith are a poor mans version of the rolling stones, Theres no shame wearing your influeces on your sleeve, but they just do it badly IMO, so many terrible songs, one of the worst BIG bands ever.

i think...british bands per say playing the blues, where, y'know, i dont mind it, i aint predudice against it, it aint really authentic is it? i can see the barrage of "oh, so u hafta be american to play the blues posts?" well no, u dont, but its very much a part of the american identity, just as im sure fish n chips over here suck or like...us guys aint as good at soccer n stuffs it's just...y'know, can't HELP where shit orignates from n based on that i think, saying that Aerosmith copy the Stones THAT much, jus aint true...the heart n soul of it is an american thing, John Lennon hit the nail on the head with Yer Blues i think, very satirical. the fact of the matter is, Mick Jagger TOOK an accent, his singing voice, thats a fucking James Brown impersonation and he's admitted that himself, add to that a little faux "fag dancing" n there ya got it, Mick Jagger, i aint denying the contribution (of the stones i mean) cuz its huge but...some leaning a little on aerosmith in this thread.

oh dear another UK vs US argument.

Rubbish, even Liam Gallagher of Oasis sometimes sings with an american accent, all bands sing with accents. I really dont understand what your trying to say? you're spelling doesn't help either, some of the greatest english bands were influenced by ancient bluesmen, like pink floyd and led zep.

The Rolling Stones still combined the english charm to their blues sound.

and just so happen to be the greatest most influential blues based rock n roll band ever. I take it you havent heard albums like aftermath, rolling stones now! etc etc. Nobody can touch the stones, they had everything we all love about rock n roll, and were the first to transcend the image of rock n roll into the mainstream.

the gallagher brothers, axl and slash cant compete with jagger and keith, never mind the ridiculous carbon copy outfit that is aerosmith.

when I talk and listen to the stones, songs like satisfaction, its only rock n roll do not come to mind, i cant stand those.

Aersomith can never write menacing songs like gimme shelter and heart of stone. FACT.

I can fully understand why they are popular, and enjoy a few of their 70's material, but its almost criminal to compare them to the greats.

Edited by atom heart mother

oh dear another UK vs US argument.

Rubbish, even Liam Gallagher of Oasis sometimes sings with an american accent, all bands sing with accents. I really dont understand what your trying to say? you're spelling doesn't help either, some of the greatest english bands were influenced by ancient bluesmen, like pink floyd and led zep.

The Rolling Stones still combined the english charm to their blues sound.

and just so happen to be the greatest most influential blues based rock n roll band ever. I take it you havent heard albums like aftermath, rolling stones now! etc etc. Nobody can touch the stones, they had everything we all love about rock n roll, and were the first to transcend the image of rock n roll into the mainstream.

the gallagher brothers, axl and slash cant compete with jagger and keith, never mind the ridiculous carbon copy outfit that is aerosmith.

when I talk and listen to the stones, songs like satisfaction, its only rock n roll do not come to mind, i cant stand those.

Aersomith can never write menacing songs like gimme shelter and heart of stone. FACT.

I can fully understand why they are popular, and enjoy a few of their 70's material, but its almost criminal to compare them to the greats.

what im trying to say basically is that although its all fine n dandy to like say oh aerosmith were influenced by Stones tons etc by the same token the stones took a form of music, a form of music that Aerosmith in all likelihood could more authentically convey due to the fact of where they're from than the stones, thats all. in short, the stones influenced aerosmith shouldn't be taken as immediate written in stone consolidation of the fact that that makes the stones better. im not actually on either side of the argument here, i dont really have that much of an opinion on either band cuz i dont really like em very much. dont get me wrong, they're really good n all but, not my cup of instant. theres nothing wrong with "copying" accents, some of my most favorite bands do it but, i just dont think Aerosmith r deserve to be that marginalised, they been an ass in the grass force to be reckoned with in rock n roll since the 70s. but like i said before, im not really takin either side.

Aerosmith forever!

I like The Rolling Stones, but Aerosmith is the band that got me into rock'n'roll. I will always love their music and their style.

They were only Stones-like at their beggining, later taking their own evolution. A lot of people don't care about that. In fact, until not so long ago, I didn't even like their 70's work. I still don't like a lot of it.

To me Aerosmith will always be the band that made songs like Crazy, Amazing or What It Takes, not Walk This Way, One Way Street or Draw The Line. I'm not saying I don't like their Columbia records, but I think the Geffen work is much better, and that doesn't have much to do with the Stones.

And if you look at it from the general public point of view, you see it this way: ask anyone who is not that much into classic rock to name you 3 Aerosmith songs they'll probably mention I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, Janie's Got A Gun and Livin' On The Edge, or something like that. So it's hard to believe that Aerosmith will be remembered as a Rolling Stones-clone.

I may be subjective here, because for years I've been a huge Aerosmith fan, but this is my personal opinion.

Without the influence of The Rolling Stones, there's no telling what Aerosmith would have sounded like or if they even would have existed.

A very good point. The Rolling Stones are the founding fathers of rock music as we know it, and Aerosmith- before they found their way- were dismissed as a Rolling Stones knockoff, which proves how similar they are.

About Tyler vs. Jagger, Jagger is a better frontman perhaps and I would rank them equally as vocalists, Steven has a higher vocal range, but nobody can challenge Jagger's sardonic sneer.

I am a fan of the blues. And Aerosmith are definately the more blues based band.

That's just not true.

You are correct, as I said in my original post, Aerosmith had/have a much louder Bluesy style which is borderline fusion Jazz at times, which is why some may confuse that for being a "Bluesier" sound.

woah, aerosmith fans, cool :) now we're even. goes towards more of like...the reality of life, opinion, we're almost half n half here, but im a predudiced punk on this story n i dunno, people who LIKE aerosmith need to also look into the corporate bidding war between Aerosmith n the New York Dolls n who were the hot "to sign" bands at the times n who got signed n who got better promoted n who didn't n who made it n the reasons behind it. go lookin' for Marty Thau maybe. but fuck it, can't really take nothin from the Stones OR Aerosmith, i was raised to hate the rolling stones.

Aerosmith. They were the ones who got me into rock. Toys and Rocks are just amazing, and Honkin' shows they can go back to their roots whenever they want, which they have done a lot lately on tour. Joe plays some of the best riffs ever and Steven's one of the most entertaining frontmen ever. They continue to bring in new generations of fans. This shows at their concerts where the age range is anywhere from young teenagers to people in their fifties. They're still a must-see live band and will continue to be until the end.