Walk This Way

adnan

Walk This Way  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Origional, btw it would be Aerosmith feat. Run DMC not the other way around.

No, Run DMC covered the song and invited Steven Tyler and Joe Perry to guest on it, and it was released on a Run DMC album, thus the drum machines and hip hop groove to the song, it's not even the whole of Aerosmith who guested on it. The cover supposedly made it safe for rap-metal to arrive.

Whoever said the chorus is stronger on the cover is correct, it's also really spunky and even funnier, plus the kickass video doesn't do any harm either. What sets the two apart though is the drum and rythm guitar on the Aerosmith version which isn't really present on the Run DMC version.

My favourite is the live version on Rockin' The Joint, which is almost like a combination of both - the chorus is a little more like the Run DMC version.

If I had to choose between the studio versions, then the Run DMC version. The whole rap/rock collaboration was something special and I feel like they gave something extra to what was originally just a "good" song.