When will Axl hit the stage

damiandoerr

People -

There is a 11:00pm(est) curfew at the Hammerstein Ballroom.

A curfew means that all the staff provided by Manhattan Center Studios (ushers, cleanup, electricians, etc. . .) need the place vacated in order to breakdown and clean up. The longer the crowd stays inside the longer the workers have to stay and be paid. And the owners of the venue CONTRACTUALLY refuse to pay for this. It is common knowledge in the music biz that if you break curfew penalties will be incurred. And beileve me they are hefty fines. We all know axl can afford it but I personally dont think he will go on late. i think it will be a planned "late" Meaning- if there is a opening band make them go on asap then make the crowd wait until the last minute so he can perform a full show in the time alloted to him. I have heard that if you break curfew at various NY venues prices ranging in the 10'S OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ALL THE WAY TO OVER 300 HUNDRED THOUSAND FOR MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - AND THATS PER HOUR!!!! It cost alot of money to put on major entertainment events. I would definitly say that they will go on at 9:30est - 11:00est. Best case scenario 9est -11est

In summation

The band will begin at between 9:05est - 9:35est. (once a band is notified at 9pm to go on stage it takes a couple minutes to walk through the hallways. maybe take a quick piss or a quick sniff :)

Edited by djbguitar@aol.com

People -

A curfew means that all the staff provided by Manhattan Center Studios (ushers, cleanup, electricians, etc. . .) need the place vacated in order to breakdown and clean up. The longer the crowd stays inside the longer the workers have to stay and be paid. And the owners of the venue CONTRACTUALLY refuse to pay for this. It is common knowledge in the music biz that if you break curfew penalties will be incurred. And beileve me they are hefty fines. We all know axl can afford it but I personally dont think he will go on late. i think it will be a planned "late" Meaning- if there is a opening band make them go on asap then make the crowd wait until the last minute so he can perform a full show in the time alloted to him. I have heard that if you break curfew at various NY venues prices ranging in the 10'S OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ALL THE WAY TO OVER 300 HUNDRED THOUSAND FOR MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - AND THATS PER HOUR!!!! It cost alot of money to put on major entertainment events. I would definitly say that they will go on at 9:30est - 11:00est. Best case scenario 9est -11est

In summation

The band will begin at between 9:05est - 9:35est. (once a band is notified at 9pm to go on stage it takes a couple minutes to walk through the hallways. maybe take a quick piss or a quick sniff :)

some bands ignore the curfew, when I saw pearl jam in phill they went passed the curfew and the venue turned all the house lights on. they stayed on stage and played three more songs afterwards.

People -

In summation

So if they start at 9:30...it would only be an hour and a half concert? That fucking sucks.....the 2002 concerts were over 2 hours each, and still left me wanting more...and that's w.o the new songs...

They've probably got something worked out with the staffing/venue for these. We now know there is an opening band, which means they'll play for 45 minutes or so, and then another half hour at the very least least to switch out equipment. I wouldn't worry about it. He'll start when he wants and play as long as he wants.

If I cant get there til like 9:15, what are my chances of seein the full GNR set?

if you cant get inside until 915 your are going to be in the way back of this place it gets packed.

the lines for the hammersteing for sell out concerts are a spectacle. the line will go for more than three full blocks wrapping around in some places. it sucks. at least youll be there. youll probably see the whole set.