finck n fortus's guitar tones suit gnr?

gilmour

A_D found a new lackey...Kimberly is now off the hook. :rofl-lol:

By the way A_D, still waiting for you to show me where I bash the new group...did you know there's a difference between not calling them great and bashing them? There's actually a lot of area in between.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give the new band a chance and you might see it from a different point of veiw ;)

thats impossible to ask of some of these 'fans'.

what "fans"? these people on here that are bashing the new line up are just complete idiots. They support the old band, then they bash the new one, trying to keep the old image alive. I just dont get most poeple on here anymore. :no:

TW@

idiots indeed. they think they are like crusaders protecting some legacy :rolleyes: in all reality, they are just bitter sorry cupcakes who have nothing better to do but take out their anger on Axl and the band because their favorite member left (or they think was forced out) and GNR lives on :rolleyes:

yeah. Like, people hate Velvet Revolver because they have slash, matt and duff. And now they hate GNR becuase of the new line up. When will these people choose a band?!?! Like, ok, there is the old GNR. we know you like them. But that doesnt mean you can just sign on her, and just say "NUGNR SUXORZ!!!1!!!" Its senseless and stupid.

TW@

NUGNR SUXORZ SLASH RULEZZZZ!!!!!!11111111111

By the way A_D, still waiting for you to show me where I bash the new group...did you know there's a difference between not calling them great and bashing them? There's actually a lot of area in between.

bingo!!

And no, A_D doesn't know the difference. If you don't think that this version of the band is the BEST BAND EVER, you are just wrong. Why should they have to prove themselves? Why should they earn respect? A_D loves them, that should be enough for the rest of us to jump on the bandwagon!! :monkey:

bingo!!

And no, A_D doesn't know the difference. If you don't think that this version of the band is the BEST BAND EVER, you are just wrong. Why should they have to prove themselves? Why should they earn respect? A_D loves them, that should be enough for the rest of us to jump on the bandwagon!! :monkey:

Oh, cry me a river.

The reality is that shaking your fist at the sky about the old band breaking up has no upside. We're all sorry it happened. But it did, and its time you dealt with it.

bingo!!

Oh, cry me a river.

The reality is that shaking your fist at the sky about the old band breaking up has no upside. We're all sorry it happened. But it did, and its time you dealt with it.

What makes you think we haven't dealt with it? Just because we want the new band to earn respect rather than just get it because Axl bought the name Guns n Roses for them to use? My standards are a little higher than that.

bingo!!

Oh, cry me a river.

Sorry, I don't think its a requirement that I need to think this version is the greatest ever to still be a fan. I will ALWAYS love the old band better, but it doesn't mean I can't enjoy the new version of the band and the new music.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

bingo!!

Oh, cry me a river.

Sorry, I don't think its a requirement that I need to think this version is the greatest ever to still be a fan. I will ALWAYS love the old band better, but it doesn't mean I can't enjoy the new version of the band and the new music.

stop putting words in my mouth :xmasschef2:

bingo!!

Oh, cry me a river.

stop putting words in my mouth :xmasschef2:

to borrow a quote from sylvester stallone (the forum member):

A_D you just recieved the bitchslapping of a lifetime here....time to call it a day. Btw, why do you always use those stupid chef icons with luvaxl4ever? Is that like a subtle reminder to the rest of us that you're a bigoted inbred redneck? :rolleyes:

And anyway, I am not putting anything in your mouth, believe me! Its too busy kissing Axl's ass.

bingo!!

Oh, cry me a river.

What makes you think we haven't dealt with it? Just because we want the new band to earn respect rather than just get it because Axl bought the name Guns n Roses for them to use? My standards are a little higher than that.

Because it doesn't come off like that AT ALL.

Its like you guys feel you are fighting the good fight by stating the rather obvious fact that you love the old band. No shit. We ALL did. But "did" is the operative word here.

Let's me put it this way. You guy who are couching this as "the new guys have to earn my respect"...call me crazy, but I am going to go out on a limb and say they never get it. Regardless. You all seem to look a this new line-up as some sort of treason and like you are disrepsecting the old guys if you don't knock the new guys.

In that respect, you are as foolish as the Axl disciples who write valentines here as if the man is ever going to read and acknowledge them. Don't worry, I doubt Slash is going to find out and hate you if you said that you didn't think 'Better' was a bad tune.

bingo!!

Oh, cry me a river.

Its like you guys feel you are fighting the good fight by stating the rather obvious fact that you love the old band. No shit. We ALL did. But "did" is the operative word here.

Let's me put it this way. You guy who are couching this as "the new guys have to earn my respect"...call me crazy, but I am going to go out on a limb and say they never get it. Regardless. You all seem to look a this new line-up as some sort of treason and like you are disrepsecting the old guys if you don't knock the new guys.

In that respect, you are as foolish as the Axl disciples who write valentines here as if the man is ever going to read and acknowledge them. Don't worry, I doubt Slash is going to find out and hate you if you said that you didn't think 'Better' was a bad tune.

I can't speak for everyone, but that is basically a lot of crap. To this point, all the new version has done is rehash the old songs, with a couple new ones thrown in. The old band had to pay their dues, so does this version. Its got nothing to do with kissing Slash's ass either. The new version has to stand on their own two feet with THEIR album, which hopefully will be out this fall, and get out from under the large, looming shadow of a legendary band.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

I can't concern myself with how it comes off, all I can do is be true to how I feel.

Yes, I love the old band...I loved them from the first time I heard WTTJ...believe it or not, it was the singing that first attracted me to GnR. I was impressed by the chorus and especially the bridge. I was 14 and they impressed me with their ability to rock and still be musically excellent. UYI blew me away...great guitar work, excellent vocals. Yeah, there was My World, but other than that, it was the pinnacle for me...the right band at the right time in my life. Steven was gone, but I didn't pay that much attention to the drummer - Matt did a fine job (though I will agree his drum solos were too long). Dizzy was there and I was thinking "who needs a keyboard player" - but it worked for the band and I accepted Dizzy.

Then I heard on the radio that Izzy left. I was crushed. Gilby came in and I was 18-19 at the time and I gave him a chance to show he fit in, and he did. I wanted Izzy to be there, but Gilby did a great job and Slash and Gilby seemed to play off of each other well. I accepted Gilby.

Slowly, Slash, Duff, Gilby, and Matt all left. It sucked. The VMAs came along and I watched the whole crappy show just to see GnR...it was a disappointing show, but I held out hope because at least Axl was doing something. I never considered seeing them in 2002. I wasn't interested in seeing a cover band. When CD is released, I will buy it and make a decision as to whether it is good or not. If it is, I will accept the new band just as I accepted Matt, Dizzy, and Gilby.

I was disappointed in VR's first album, and I loved GnR and liked STP. I liked a couple of Izzy's solo albums, but they were just ok. I liked Duff's first solo album, but not enough to buy any more of his. I own some (but not all) of Slash's solo work, and I'm not in love with it either. Don't assume just because I love the old band that I blindly love everything they do, don't assume that I am not capable of liking the new band. I need to hear their album before I can make a decision, as everyone should. To call them great based off of a couple of their songs live and the rest of their performance being covering a great band's music is cultish.

Give the band a chance before calling them great or bashing them...that's not asking too much.

The question either doesn't make sense or is a moot point. GNR is not a mystical entity, it is a group of guys. Since Finck and 4tus are two of the guys, of course their sound is right for GNR because they ARE GNR. Did you mean to ask "Do the guitar tones of Finck and Fortus match the previously established sounds of old GNR records enough that people who are incapable of moving on will be able to close their eyes and pretend that the old GNR is still making music exactly like they used to?"

Wow I'm pissy today. Sorry.

The people that bash robin really have no clue. Go listen to his work on the ghost of mars soundtrack, he is great. Plus most of the solos on the new songs are robin.

Man that was Buckethead did that soundtrack not Robin Finck (the untalented)