If it IS the original lineup at the NYC gigs?

Carne_asaDA

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a hypothetical question.

Would you feel cheated, if you go to the NY shows, and it IS the original band?? Honestly.

I won't be attending the shows due to location but yes i would!

Some of us have become used to current GnR and want to see them live -some of us have and they rocked rock3

I wouldn't feel cheated, I love the original lineup as much as you do.

But right now, I'm much more intersted in the here and now, and this band IMO has better chemistry and I think they deserve it. They've been working at this for far to long to just throw away Chinese Democracy. I would much rather have the new band. Plus, axl ain't gonna fuck over these guys who have been his loyal bandmembers.

Guest JohnUlmer

But right now, I'm much more intersted in the here and now, and this band IMO has better chemistry and I think they deserve it. They've been working at this for far to long to just throw away Chinese Democracy. I would much rather have the new band. Plus, axl ain't gonna fuck over these guys who have been his loyal bandmembers.

I really don't think they have much chemistry. At all. But hopefully they've improved some since '02.

Face it: in '02, it was the Axl show. No one cared about the guitarists (although Buckethead drew some attention).

It won't be much different this time around.

Unfortunately I think Axl works better when he has a strong guitarist to interact with (like Slash) and I don't think anyone in the band right now has that spark with Axl. Also, they're all at least a decade younger than Axl which may have something to do with it. Plus, none of them used to listen to GN'R and it had no influence on them.

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ May 1 2006, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would be disgusted and extreamly pissed. All my respect for Axl would disappear casue he gave in to pressure and didnt do what he believed in...

but man, he'd have a kick ass band.

I really don't think they have much chemistry. At all. But hopefully they've improved some since '02.

Face it: in '02, it was the Axl show. No one cared about the guitarists (although Buckethead drew some attention).

It won't be much different this time around.

Unfortunately I think Axl works better when he has a strong guitarist to interact with (like Slash) and I don't think anyone in the band right now has that spark with Axl. Also, they're all at least a decade younger than Axl which may have something to do with it. Plus, none of them used to listen to GN'R and it had no influence on them.

I have to disagree. Tommy/Brain/Richard = the tightest rhythm section I've ever seen live.

Although yes, it was primarily Axl's show, as it will be this time around.

And I dont think all of them are that much younger. Richard is 40 I think, Tommy is in his late thirties.

Besides, Axl swore never to work with slash or matt again.

Guest RonMexico82

I would really like to hear the new band play Chinese Democracy.

I think that the old band will never play Chinese Democracy.

10 years from now I would say that there is a better chance of the old band touring than there is of the new band touring.

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ May 1 2006, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would be disgusted and extreamly pissed. All my respect for Axl would disappear casue he gave in to pressure and didnt do what he believed in...

I would agree...........but I think that ALL of the members would of given into pressure and went against their beliefs.

I just can't get that excited about a lineup that only ever played half a tour a couple of years ago.

And a few reunion shows need not have anything to do with CD. They might not want to ever record with axl, leavin the next guns record in his hands, just as it is now. Even if they did, axl songs would probably surface on the next record anyway, though probably with revised lyrics :)

I would agree...........but I think that ALL of the members would of given into pressure and went against their beliefs.

mm didn't slash state a few times he was open to the idea of reunited with the old gnr members?

A reunion is not worth losing Chinese Democracy. There is too much potential in the leaks and the live songs we've heard.

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

Here's a hypothetical question.

Would you feel cheated, if you go to the NY shows, and it IS the original band?? Honestly.

just wondering why people still think it's gonna be the old band playing in NY? :rofl-lol:

I am tired of all this What IF talk

what IF the band reunites....

what IF chinese democracy is doesnt come out

If axl doesnt show up

chill with all this hypothetical bullshit. same shit day in and day out.

It doesnt me shit and is a waste of time.

IF my aunt had a dick she'd be my Uncle.

lets start a thread on that.

..... finals week, im a little on edge.

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ May 1 2006, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh please....

If the original lineup showed up at Hammerstein, every diehard Gunner's heart would skip a beat and the atmosphere would be totally euphoric. And anybody who claims this wouldn't be the case just isn't being honest. It's the original GNR's music and lineup that made everybody GNR fans and brought everybody to this site. So, to pretend you'd be disappointed to see the original lineup play one more time is ridiculous.

This isn't to say we aren't looking forward to seeing the new band play. We are. But until we see and hear music created by the new band, it's impossible to assess the band's chemistry and collaborative skills - let alone compare them with the original lineup's.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ May 1 2006, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Oh please....

If the original lineup showed up at Hammerstein, every diehard Gunner's heart would skip a beat and the atmosphere would be totally euphoric. And anybody who claims this wouldn't be the case just isn't being honest. It's the original GNR's music and lineup that made everybody GNR fans and brought everybody to this site. So, to pretend you'd be disappointed to see the original lineup play one more time is ridiculous.

This isn't to say we aren't looking forward to seeing the new band play. We are. But until we see and hear music created by the new band, it's impossible to assess the band's chemistry and collaborative skills - let alone compare them with the original lineup's.

yeah good post.......it's true and you guys know it, i'll enjoy supporting new guns and see what they bring to the table.

I'd be extatic, but if they were gonna play the new songs with these gigs how would they? they have no practice time left, let alone the only way they could practice before em is if it was all a secret, and if they really were gonna play the original lineup, wouldnt they announce it? (more publicity, everything sells better)

JamesoglStedham.

There has to be a very select few who only are fans of the new lienup and never liked the original. Besides those people, I cant fathom any fan saying they would be disappointed if the original band came back at these shows. Even if you only liked the new band, you would be at the first surprise shows with the original guys. That has to count for something. I would be extremely pumped for the originals to reconcile. But now we are just teasing ourselves again arent we? Until that happens im just gonna enjoy the new chili peppers album which i just got today, very pleased.