If it IS the original lineup at the NYC gigs?

Carne_asaDA

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a hypothetical question.

Would you feel cheated, if you go to the NY shows, and it IS the original band?? Honestly.

I won't be attending the shows due to location but yes i would!

Some of us have become used to current GnR and want to see them live -some of us have and they rocked rock3

sure i ain't gonna feel cheated !! it would be a fucking great surprise ! but i think that the "gnr" that we will see will be axl and some guys covering gnr songs !

i don't give a shit about this so-called "new gnr "(how can it be new it was formed ten years ago !)that hasn't been able to release an album in ten years ...while the real gnr released two albums the same day in 1991 .

i've been a fan since 1987 and,for me gnr is axl,slash,duff,izzy and steve (or matt ,i don't mind that much about drumers).

Don't give me that Traci Gunns crap. NOBODY gave a flying fuck about Traci Gunns or Hollywood Rose back during Pre-appetite era.

damn right !

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ May 1 2006, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I would be disgusted and extreamly pissed. All my respect for Axl would disappear casue he gave in to pressure and didnt do what he believed in...

Oh please....

If the original lineup showed up at Hammerstein, every diehard Gunner's heart would skip a beat and the atmosphere would be totally euphoric. And anybody who claims this wouldn't be the case just isn't being honest. It's the original GNR's music and lineup that made everybody GNR fans and brought everybody to this site. So, to pretend you'd be disappointed to see the original lineup play one more time is ridiculous.

This isn't to say we aren't looking forward to seeing the new band play. We are. But until we see and hear music created by the new band, it's impossible to assess the band's chemistry and collaborative skills - let alone compare them with the original lineup's.

I honestly don't wont to see this line up not play for years to come - im over original GnR.

Maybe in 10-20 years but not now.

I wouldn't feel cheated, I love the original lineup as much as you do.

But right now, I'm much more intersted in the here and now, and this band IMO has better chemistry and I think they deserve it. They've been working at this for far to long to just throw away Chinese Democracy. I would much rather have the new band. Plus, axl ain't gonna fuck over these guys who have been his loyal bandmembers.

You have GOT to be kidding. The original line-up had loads more chemistry,volatile as it was. The current "band" are just employees of Axl's.

Why would they have to throw away Chi-D?

First of all, if there is a reunion, it won't be more than 2 dates (prob Rio & Download). Second, if it happens Slash & Co would probably just play the GNR classics (SCOM, etc) and the new guys would play the new songs. Slash, Duff aren't going to leave VR to rejoin GNR at this point in time. But it doesn't mean they can't do some guest appearances for GNR.

You have GOT to be kidding. The original line-up had loads more chemistry,volatile as it was. The current "band" are just employees of Axl's.

First of all, if there is a reunion, it won't be more than 2 dates (prob Rio & Download). Second, if it happens Slash & Co would probably just play the GNR classics (SCOM, etc) and the new guys would play the new songs. Slash, Duff aren't going to leave VR to rejoin GNR at this point in time. But it doesn't mean they can't do some guest appearances for GNR.

Why just 2 dates? What you are talking about isn't a reunion tour, itsa couple guest appearances. completely different scenario.

Why just 2 dates? What you are talking about isn't a reunion tour, itsa couple guest appearances. completely different scenario.

Well if you remember, Ross Halfin (supposedly a friend of Slash) was the one that said originally it would be 2 dates, one of them being Download. But as rumors always do, it escalated into them rejoining the band.

Actually Madison, it was the mysticality of the album Chinese Democracy that finally brought me to this forum. It was the new band's material that gave me the final push and got me here. I love the new band and I don't want the band to broke up just that the old guys can get back for the money. Everybody knows how it will end and I don't want to see that. This new band has a lot chemistry when they get together, they are all awesome musicians and I can't wait to see Robin, Rich, Tommy, Brian and all the other guys in about three weeks.

you tell her karri, not everyones '40'....

And if the truth be told IMO...Its all about Axl, new band, old band, whatever.

100% true. 20 years from now when GNR is in the history books, Axl will have been the only guy in the band throughout the course of its existance.

You aren't going to like what history says about GnR in 20 years...

100% true. 20 years from now when GNR is in the history books, Axl will have been the only guy in the band throughout the course of its existance.

it has yet to be written.

it has yet to be written.

Well, 20 years of it has...and it isn't positive about what you support as GnR. That's a lot of history to be overcome. Not gonna happen.

why would it be at rio????

The original *rumor* was that the original line-up would do TWO dates, one being download. I would just think the other would be Rio, as Rio is huge, and on Rio's website, it lists a "surprise line-up." If they did NYC shows, it would take away from the surprise.

It wouldn't be a reuion TOUR as Duff is touring with AIC.

Not to say I think it WILL happen, but IF it does, Rio would be more likely.