If it IS the original lineup at the NYC gigs?

Carne_asaDA

Guest Sweet_Emotion

i suppose i would in that that's who i paid to see but i mean i wouldn't complain if the old lineup turned up! :)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, we've gone almost 4 years with no news, that's over a thousand days with NOTHING. Now all we have to do is wait 10 days for answers, so why are we spending these last 10 days acting like a bunch of morons that have forgotten every lesson from the past when it comes to GNR!!!

Please, for the next 10 days can we stop:

1. Speculating Slash will return, he won't, get over it, this is Axl's GNR now and support it or leave it.

2. Speculating about a full reunion: This is the dumbest logic ever, to think that Axl's opus, the one he has worked on for 14 years with new members, will dissipate and he will invite the old guys back to share in his glory is fucking ludicrous thinking.

3. Wondering what Axl will wear; this is about as pointless as you all wondering what I am going to wear tomorrow. When he takes the stage, we'll see, nuff said.

4. Guessing the set list: Again, what good will this do? Like will some retards on here go to the show and be like, "I WAS RIGHT, MY SET LIST ORDER WAS RIGHT!"

5. Complaining about the opening act: WHO GIVES A SHIT about the opening act? If Alvin and Chipmunks were the opening act to Guns N Roses, I wouldn't care. I bet Axl doesn't even book, nor care, about the opening act for these warm up gigs. Like somebody's going to go, "This opening act sucks, I am leaving, fuck GNR!"

I swear to god, you just can't please GUNS N ROSES fans at all. They go years with silence, and then their dreams of Axl taking the stage again come true and all they do is bitch and speculate, bitch and speculate. Look, for the next 10 days, if you don't have some credible news or a decent discussion topic, please, do us all a favor and SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

I swear if I see a thread like: "What if Axl takes the wrong subway and misses the show" I am going to reach through my computer monitor and kill someone!

Let's see, we've gone almost 4 years with no news, that's over a thousand days with NOTHING. Now all we have to do is wait 10 days for answers, so why are we spending these last 10 days acting like a bunch of morons that have forgotten every lesson from the past when it comes to GNR!!!

1. Speculating Slash will return, he won't, get over it, this is Axl's GNR now and support it or leave it.

2. Speculating about a full reunion: This is the dumbest logic ever, to think that Axl's opus, the one he has worked on for 14 years with new members, will dissipate and he will invite the old guys back to share in his glory is fucking ludicrous thinking.

3. Wondering what Axl will wear; this is about as pointless as you all wondering what I am going to wear tomorrow. When he takes the stage, we'll see, nuff said.

4. Guessing the set list: Again, what good will this do? Like will some retards on here go to the show and be like, "I WAS RIGHT, MY SET LIST ORDER WAS RIGHT!"

5. Complaining about the opening act: WHO GIVES A SHIT about the opening act? If Alvin and Chipmunks were the opening act to Guns N Roses, I wouldn't care. I bet Axl doesn't even book, nor care, about the opening act for these warm up gigs. Like somebody's going to go, "This opening act sucks, I am leaving, fuck GNR!"

I swear to god, you just can't please GUNS N ROSES fans at all. They go years with silence, and then their dreams of Axl taking the stage again come true and all they do is bitch and speculate, bitch and speculate. Look, for the next 10 days, if you don't have some credible news or a decent discussion topic, please, do us all a favor and SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

I swear if I see a thread like: "What if Axl takes the wrong subway and misses the show" I am going to reach through my computer monitor and kill someone!

I don't remember accepting Axl's version of GnR as a requirement for joining...maybe I missed it.

People are so excited that they forgot how to think? I swear, I am losing excitement everytime I come on this board and think, "Wow, I am a fan of a band that creates retarded fans like these." Seriously guys, why can't people just use some common sense and restrain before they start idiotic threads and spread erroneous rumors.

Let's talk about setting up a kick ass party thursday night in NYC for all of the fans that will be in town, and stop worrying how many changes in underwear Axl will be bringing with him to NYC.

People are so excited that they forgot how to think? I swear, I am losing excitement everytime I come on this board and think, "Wow, I am a fan of a band that creates retarded fans like these." Seriously guys, why can't people just use some common sense and restrain before they start idiotic threads and spread erroneous rumors.

Let's talk about setting up a kick ass party thursday night in NYC for all of the fans that will be in town, and stop worrying how many changes in underwear Axl will be bringing with him to NYC.

Or else, you could just stop reading the forum for 10 days.

Guest JohnUlmer

I wish we could go ten days without seeing those lame "retrospective, somber, reflective"-type posts where people say how much of an influence GN'R has had on them and how the band changed their life, blah blah blah and the people explain their feelings for the new lineup and so on and so forth. LAME. Look, the first fifty kazillion billion times it was kind of moving, now it's just boring.

To be clear, I don't think there will be a full reunion, or even Slash rejoining for a few gigs, but to rebutt your above statements Axl would look like the HUGE winner in it all if he was able to coax some or all of the old gang back at this late time. Why? Because he would get his legendary lineup back while knowing he's now assured of receiving all the credit for CD's success like he always wanted. Total win-win for him.

But again, I don't expect this to happen...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Since there are a lot of hard headed people on this that refuse to believe that Nu-GnR might not be the GnR performing in NY next week. I'm going to break down the facts. Feel free to include any that I miss.

WE KNOW:

Stinson just finished a project with his original band The Replacements.

Stinson will be on the Jim Rome show this thursday 5/4/2006

Brain will be playing in San Fran on the 12th.

I see a HUGE scheduling conflict. :rolleyes:

I don't mind those kind of threads,it's something to discuss. But I will say this thread is no better than what you are complaining about.

I haven't posted here as much in the last weeks because I wasn't able to go to any of these shows,and reading about it eats me up :D

Or you could just not read it...

It's the first big big news in fucking years and you want people not to speculate!? ITS'S WHAT PEOPLE DO! I've seen people on this board complain when people discuss odd topics in times of no news now I;ve seen people complain about discussing things when there is news. Wow. Just amazing...

I don't mind those kind of threads,it's something to discuss. But I will say this thread is no better than what you are complaining about.

I haven't posted here as much in the last weeks because I wasn't able to go to any of these shows,and reading about it eats me up :D

yeah it's all about the NEw YorK shows lately, fair enough ........but i got nothing to add because i'm not going :P.

This board is going crazy.

We got 10 days till we know for sure. Just let it be. There will be no reunion......do you people get that. Or does axl have to stand on stage and yell it out to you before you cen get it trough your fat skull????

All I read here is just the same shit day after day. Based on internet rumors. WOW! Then it must be true :rolleyes:

Almost every rumors starts with I called this guy! or something equally retarded.

I do think brain will be in New York and his old band might have gotten a new drummer. (steven) O my....I stood on the net. It must be true. Steven is the new guitarist for Brains former band. I got the scoop. I just came of the phone with this dude who said it was true. He works at a bucketcloset at a radiostation so it must be official :rolleyes:

[/Rant]