Brain To Play With TopRockerz On May 12th

Tyler Drama

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy claims to be filling in for Brain with TopRockerz, although who knows...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=35008552

bump, incase this small detail was overlooked

Claims to be filling in...

Those words don't make sense if Brain is someone committed to Guns n Roses. Why would you need a fill in if you're in GnR? They would need a new drummer.

This guy claims to be filling in for Brain with TopRockerz, although who knows...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=35008552

bump, incase this small detail was overlooked

Those words don't make sense if Brain is someone committed to Guns n Roses. Why would you need a fill in if you're in GnR? They would need a new drummer.

did you read the link, in the upcomming shows?

May 12 2006 8:00P

@ Cellspace w / Top Rockerz Breakbeat Band San Francisco , CA

everybody here seems to be reaching a bit to far

Current activities including performing with Gospel Artist Chris Fields , The Miller Brothers substituting for Brian "Brain" Mantia with TOPROCKERZ Break beat Band, playing with YouSaidSaturday , C-Funk Collective . . . .
Edited by wink

I would love for Josh Freese to return (Does it really count as "returning"?) but NIN is still touring throughout summer, correct?

That is correct. But NIN are on a break at the moment I believe. Their tour does not start again til like may 25th I believe. So who knows?!?!?!?!

anybody remember those NIN pics with "Chinese Democracy" in the background

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Actually he isnt. Velvet Revolver could have lived a long life without Scott Weiland and Matt Sørum!(its not Sorum)

Listen bitch, he is the drummer for Velvet fucking Revolver and he is damn proud of it.

I would love for Josh Freese to return (Does it really count as "returning"?) but NIN is still touring throughout summer, correct?

That is correct. But NIN are on a break at the moment I believe. Their tour does not start again til like may 25th I believe. So who knows?!?!?!?!

anybody remember those NIN pics with "Chinese Democracy" in the background

man i hope josh freese doesn't join gnr <_<

Actually he isnt. Velvet Revolver could have lived a long life without Scott Weiland and Matt Sørum!(its not Sorum)

Listen bitch, he is the drummer for Velvet fucking Revolver and he is damn proud of it.

Matt sorum died in my world when he said that VR would never cancelling shows like in the GNR days. and he said that VR was a serious band. But then: why in hell did you cancelling your show in norway when you said this rubbish to a norwegian newspaper only a year earlyer. Eat that bitchy!

Well, I'm a bit late to this discussion but that doesn't matter.

I don't understand how these pics prove anything. It's some guy who may or may not be Brain looking into a camera. The letters could have been photoshopped onto the pic to make it seem more recent by using a reference to a song released this year (granted, it seems they did a pretty good job of it...it isn't sloppy at all, but more on that later). The bottom line for me at least is that there is simply no evidence on this picture that confirms it is a 2006 rehersal photo. Had Brain left Guns he could have kept that drum kit and someone could have stuck those words on there and taken a pic, while GN'R is rehearsing on the other side of the country or something. So even if Brain was in the pic, he may not be in GN'R. The kit may be something he owns. All the pic really tells us is that the guy in it has access to it (or had access when the pic was taken). Not sure it gives us any other info.

dark said he was told it was from these rehearsal sessions...dark, is this the only thing you are going on?

Moving on to the lettering, one thing I do notice is that there seems to be a bit of a gap between the top of the star where it intersects with the letter s in the word 'is'. You can see a little bit of black right by the bottom of the letter. I would expect there to be no black at all, since if the letter was stuck onto the logo it would be the white of the letter directly on the red of the star. There would be no room for the black background to appear between the two. See what I'm saying? Maybe it's something, maybe it isn't.

Having said all that, I do expect to see Brain drumming in New York with GN'R. I would love to be pleasantly surprised but I'm not counting on it.

I haven't read this entire thread but I have this to say:

As a drummer- I think Brian Mantia is good and better than Matt Sorum and probably Adler (he's been fucked up and out of the band so long, I can't really remember what he sounded like other than on Appetite and the Live at the Ritz concert).

As a person, member of Axl's organization- I think he is an asshole and doesn't seem to take Axl's project seriously. I get pissed off when anyone associated with Axl doesn't acknowledge his greatness and Brain, to my knowledge, never publicly has when asked about his involvement in GNR. Instead he always responds with smart-ass statements like "yeah, I'll be in the band if Axl pays me..." Fuck him.

It will be interesting to see if he is part of this. What if Sorum gets back with Axl and Slash doesn't. Afterall "Slash hates Matt Sorum" according to the press release.

Anyway, I'm going on a month long vacation- see you in NYC everyone.

I think he has it as he said he is gonna forward it to someone else to prove he has it.

Not that it matters now, because the pics were posted, but...

He said he'd forward them to me.

He did.

They were (obviously) legit.

In addition:

http://www.chris-a-williams.com/Performances.html

Looks like Top Rockerz has a drummer all set up to fill in.

The "kilo is a thousand grams" photo is waaay fucking old, I saw it ages ago. It's from the '02 tour (hence the '02 logo).

The pic you're thinking of (and it can be found over at HTGTH) is of a kit with Yellow rims, and the drums are sorta pinkish.

This pic is of a red and black kit.

Add to that the fact "kilo is a thousand grams" is a line off a song on a CD released back in March...and it's obvious that the pic is fairly recent.

And now, even more information, from Top Rockerz, themselves:

Sent : Wednesday, May 3, 2006 12:53 PM

To : "Pilferk At" <xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject : Re: Gig on the 12th?

Hello,

The Brainiac will not be performing with us on the 12th. We will be jamming with the Austrian Groovemeister Chris Williams. If interested you can check him out at:

http://www.chris-a-williams.com/Home.html

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm? fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=35008552

Thanks

On May 3, 2006, at 5:39 AM, Pilferk At wrote:

You guys have a gig listed on the 12th, in San Fran.

Brain, apparently, has a gig in NYC at the Hammerstein with a little band called Guns n Roses.

So am I correct in assuming Brain won't make your gig on the 12th? Who's gonna be standing in, if that's the case?

Thanks!

Pilf

I can, if anyone wants, forward the email along to madison if anyone wants it verified as authentic.

Edited by pilferk