Matisyahu

atom heart mother

the most ridiculous thing in music history.

how this monkey has sold over a million albums in the US is beyond me.

Because he has talent, that's why.

Reggae is not limited to Jamaicans and Rastafarians. Stop being narrow-minded and open your eyes.

Its funny how he is all religous now and against drugs, but just a few years ago he was a roadie for the dead, and got high as shit everyday. this is true.

People change. This could be before he found religion.

Anywho, this Jewish white cat can rhyme better than most rappers out there today.

I find it racist that everyone makes such a big deal of the fact that he is jewish. Eminem is Catholic, yet his name isn't followed by "the catholic white rapper". THink about it.

1st of all Jewish isn't a race, it's a faith. So before you try to play the politically correct card, learn the right terminology.

2nd, this guy won't share a stage with a woman because his faith forbids it. He takes religion into mind when he plays and stuff.

religion should never ever ever trancsend into music.

Agreed.

What about My Sweet Lord?

Don't like it much, really. The guitar parts are cool though.

There are excellent songs musically, but with religious lyrics I really don't like. Music and religion shouldn't mix IMO, unless its a slight, one line reference or something.

I find it racist that everyone makes such a big deal of the fact that he is jewish. Eminem is Catholic, yet his name isn't followed by "the catholic white rapper". THink about it.

Depends, he could be quite a good messenger, as they are both 'against' homosexuals

@The Volitan - To be jewish can refer to your race, or your religion.

I dont understand why you think religion cannot be mixed with music? It just limits things to sex, drugs and RnR!!!

because rock n roll isn't about religion for fuck sack. 99% of music mixed with religion is fucking gash.

however it does work sometimes. See Primal Scream "movin on up" and "come together".

If Oasis started singing songs about Judaism, Islam, or Christianity. Id shoot myself up the arse with a half barrel shotgun.

Edited by atom heart mother

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
I dont understand why you think religion cannot be mixed with music? It just limits things to sex, drugs and RnR!!!

Religious music was indeed the basis of Blues and in turn all Rock music.

Fuck, I thought reggae was dead for good.

Then I heard this guy.

:shocked::no:

UB40 are one of the best reggae bands in history, and they just recently released a landmark album, absolutely brilliant. Lyrically, and musically, they kicks this guy's- and all other reggae artists'- asses.

Blues was decended from Gospel slave singers, but Blues music has very little to do with religion. Robert Johnson (I can't find any stuff earlier than his) sings a lot about sex.

Blues was decended from Gospel slave singers, but Blues music has very little to do with religion. Robert Johnson (I can't find any stuff earlier than his) sings a lot about sex.

And he did sell his soul to the "devil".

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

And he did sell his soul to the "devil".

But Robert Johnson by himself goes nowhere close to representing The Blues, and was part of a younger generation of Delta Blues men, and although his recordings weren't directly Christian, they consisted of religious themes, "Hellhound On My Trail" for example. Other, earlier Blues men like Skip James, Charley Patton, and especially Blind Willie Johnson sang many devotional songs, constituting close to half of their repertoires.