Matisyahu

atom heart mother

Fuck, I thought reggae was dead for good.

Then I heard this guy.

:shocked::no:

UB40 are one of the best reggae bands in history, and they just recently released a landmark album, absolutely brilliant. Lyrically, and musically, they kicks this guy's- and all other reggae artists'- asses.

Fuck UB40.

They just toured here earlier in the year,

and while there's a couple of good songs from their new album (Reasons being one of them),

they're just too fruity for my liking.

Fuck, I thought reggae was dead for good.

Then I heard this guy.

:shocked::no:

UB40 are one of the best reggae bands in history, and they just recently released a landmark album, absolutely brilliant. Lyrically, and musically, they kicks this guy's- and all other reggae artists'- asses.

Fuck UB40.

They just toured here earlier in the year,

and while there's a couple of good songs from their new album (Reasons being one of them),

they're just too fruity for my liking.

I'm not sure what you mean by "fruity", but to deny that the majority of "Who You Fightin' For?" Isn't great is just plain insulting, the title track, "Bling Bling", "Reasons", and others are standout songs. Check out some of the older stuff, you might like it slightly better.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
bluesmen like, lightnin hopkins, mississippi fred mcdowell, blind willie johnson, bukka white, sang songs about general life and oppression, really haunting stuff.

religion was never the basis of those artists/songs. Theres a massive difference between gospel and blues.

Dude, Blind Willie Johnson sang almost exclusively about Christianity. You have obviously never listened to him.

And despite the presence of religion in early Blues, you are getting what I said in the first place wrong. I said it was based on religious music, and no one is going to dispute that.

bluesmen like, lightnin hopkins, mississippi fred mcdowell, blind willie johnson, bukka white, sang songs about general life and oppression, really haunting stuff.

religion was never the basis of those artists/songs. Theres a massive difference between gospel and blues.

Dude, Blind Willie Johnson sang almost exclusively about Christianity. You have obviously never listened to him.

And despite the presence of religion in early Blues, you are getting what I said in the first place wrong. I said it was based on religious music, and no one is going to dispute that.

you're right, sorry got mixed up.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

you're right, sorry got mixed up.

Alright.

Anyway, I've never listened to this guy, he just seems like such a novelty and the only Reggae-based music I'm interested in is the old stuff, like Bob Marley and Toots And The Maytals.