Matt Sorum talks about reunion rumours

Ready2CrashandBurn

In yet another Guns N' Roses related rumor going around the Internet, the latest is that drummer Matt

Sorum will rejoin Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses for the new album and a tour. The current Velvet Revolver

and ex-Cult skin-basher was amused by the reports. Sorum told us that his part in the Guns N' Roses story

seems like another person's life.

"You know I haven't really thought about Axl in a long time to be honest. You know, I kind of left that behind

me in 1996 (laughs). That's ten years ago. It was a whole lifetime ago. I was in that band, but I look at it

like it was someone else's movie. We got off the road in 1993. That was the last time Guns N' Roses played.

So it's been thirteen years since I've played in that band, really. I've done five or six albums since then, and

ten tours and Axl hasn't done sh-t, so I don't know what to tell you."

Sorum is still with Velvet Revolver, helping to write songs for the band's forthcoming album. Sorum replaced

original drummer Steve Adler in 1990, and he played on the Use Your Illusion albums, the last recordings of

all-new material released by the band.

Axl Rose has booked two New York City dates at the Hammerstein Ballroom May 15th and 17th.

Source: Ultimate-guitar.com

Matt pretty much puts axl down and promotes himself in this interview. Doesn't look good for all you reunion rumour spreaders.

Edited by jack99

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's done 5 or 6 albums and 10 tours and Axl hasn't done shit. LOL.

quality over quantity.

Did you use that same rationale when you were taking those pills?

I just dont care for shit music. Matt's an ass and he proves it everytime he opens his mouth.

The pot calling the kettle black?

He's done 5 or 6 albums and 10 tours and Axl hasn't done shit. LOL.

quality over quantity.

Did you use that same rationale when you were taking those pills?

I just dont care for shit music. Matt's an ass and he proves it everytime he opens his mouth.

The jury is still out as far as "quality" goes. I'm still waiting for an album before I can make a call.