Matt Sorum talks about reunion rumours

Ready2CrashandBurn

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds good to me. a reunion would be so wrong. axl has his band, VR are another band. I would find it so ridiculous if GNR would play again (original line-up) and pretend nothing's been netween them at all...

This simply means that Adler's in!

:drevil:

Seriously though, from what Sorum has said its looking increasingly unlikely. There is just so much shit floating around now that could be made up into rumours for a reunion. It's not really that hard to believe in the posibility of a reunion with everything thats gone on.

Not long left now boys and girls til we find out! You probably dont wanna get your hopes up.

I'll be more than happy to see Axl, Finck, 4tus, Stinson, Dizzy, Brain and the man himself, Chris Pitman rock NYC and Europe!

He's done 5 or 6 albums and 10 tours and Axl hasn't done shit. LOL.

Yet more people heard 'Chinese Democracy' in a half empty club, early in the morning, than 'Hollywood Zen'

By the way, did I mention that I hate Matt? :wub::huh:

but at least that was Matt expressing himself, doing what he wanted to do. Not having to put up with hip-hop beats and wannabe Elton John ballads...

Too bad almost no one heard Matt 'expressing himself' ^_^

So it's a good thing he didn't spend 13+ million and over a decade to make it.

Your right, it is. I'm sure the most any record company would give Matt to make a solo record would be $200 and a few weeks ;)

Because he doesn't have an iconic name like Guns N' Roses to hide behind. :)

Aww, now isn't that sad? So, where's the big hits that Matt wrote? Did he happen to write SCOM, WTTJ or PC? :o

Serious question here...did he write anything on the UYI cd's? :huh: I don't see him being credited for anything (at least on UYI 1)

Towards the end no one was allowed to contribute, never mind the hired help. As a paid emplyee his only requirement was to play, which he did. Whether people like him or not, he filled an open slot and did his job. Can't ask for anything more than that.

Axl Rose's own solo gig

we finally agree

LOL always funny how you pick lines out of my quotes and make it look like i said something else... you always do that when you know I'm right :shades:

Towards the end no one was allowed to contribute, never mind the hired help. As a paid emplyee his only requirement was to play, which he did. Whether people like him or not, he filled an open slot and did his job. Can't ask for anything more than that.

So at this point, that makes him the equal of Finck, Fortus, Pittman, Stinson, and Dizzy? Interesting.

Axl Rose's own solo gig

we finally agree

LOL always funny how you pick lines out of my quotes and make it look like i said something else... you always do that when you know I'm right :shades:

It's such a rare occurence, we have to mark it some way.

Edited by hartjh14

So at this point, that makes him the equal of Finck, Fortus, Pittman, Stinson, and Dizzy? Interesting.

Chris Pittman and Dizzy wrote silkworms together. This band is very much a collaborative effort. Some words from the redheaded on on this from rolling stone:

Furthermore, because the new material has been composed collaboratively with the new players, he insists, ''It's not an Axl Rose album, even if it's what I wanted it to be. Everybody is putting everything they've got into singing and building. Maybe I'm helping steer it to what it should be built like.''

I think thats always been the case in GNR..

So that makes Matt even less than the current members :rofl-lol:

Chris Pittman and Dizzy wrote silkworms together. This band is very much a collaborative effort. Some words from the redheaded on on this from rolling stone:

Furthermore, because the new material has been composed collaboratively with the new players, he insists, ''It's not an Axl Rose album, even if it's what I wanted it to be. Everybody is putting everything they've got into singing and building. Maybe I'm helping steer it to what it should be built like.''

I think thats always been the case in GNR..

So that makes Matt even less than the current members :rofl-lol:

So you're putting New GnR's reputation on the line and using Silkworms as an example of their skill? Good job, I'm convinced they rock now. :rofl-lol:

Let me know when the current members sell as many albums as the albums Matt played on...it may be awhile.

Chris Pittman and Dizzy wrote silkworms together. This band is very much a collaborative effort.

One of the worst songs ever written. I'm suprised ANYONE would take credit for it!

:o What?!? Silkworms is awesome!

Am I the only one that likes that song? :unsure:

Chris Pittman and Dizzy wrote silkworms together. This band is very much a collaborative effort.

One of the worst songs ever written. I'm suprised ANYONE would take credit for it!

:o What?!? Silkworms is awesome!

Am I the only one that likes that song? :unsure:

no dude, i like it too!

but love it or hate it, my point was it was a collaborative effort between band members, meaning this is a band.

Furthermore, because the new material has been composed collaboratively with the new players, he insists, ''It's not an Axl Rose album, even if it's what I wanted it to be. Everybody is putting everything they've got into singing and building. Maybe I'm helping steer it to what it should be built like. .''

No doubt Captain A is steering.

Lets not forget, the captain always goes down with the sinking ship too.

Allway a bridesmaid never a bride eh Matt :monkey:

Hasn't thought about Axl in a long time?

So he didnt think about Axl when they met recently or when Slash said those rude things - Brain owns Matt - at least i think so :P

I don't think it was Slash who said those things; I think its more likely it may have been Perla, and Slash talked about it with Axl.

@Santana: I just think the song is crap; but you can't bat 1000 every time.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Matt has the 'EX - Guns N' Roses' name to hide behind :rolleyes:

Why else would he get 'record deals'?

if and when Slash and Duff hook up with Axl for a reunion tour one day (don't kid yourselves,it'll probably happen eventually)..Matt Sorum will be at their heels like a drooling puppy dog...

Matt has the 'EX - Guns N' Roses' name to hide behind :rolleyes:

Why else would he get 'record deals'?

He also has "EX - Cult" name too. :rolleyes:

No one labels themselves EX - anything. It's attached to them.

And to just blindly make an assumption that he wouldn't have done any solo projects without the GnR name is ridiculous.

Maybe he's saying this just so it would be an ultimate surprise on the 12th. slash has not spoke out against the rumours.

if the x or current members should confirm or deny rumours they'd have no time making music. just sit infront of outlook or thunderbird or whatever email client they are using to send out millions of press-releases...