• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG heaven forbid we won't get to hear another one of Matts awesome drum solos

:(

/end sarcasm

Fuck matt sorum, Brain is better (IMO)

agreed. Brain's solo from vegas was short and sweet! Sorums UYI tour solos :sleeper:

Do you honestly think Matt took it upon himself to play those solos while Axl left the stage, changed his clothes and took a nap? OR do you think he was told to do those solos...

/end sarcasm

agreed. Brain's solo from vegas was short and sweet! Sorums UYI tour solos :sleeper:

I'm sorry but NO drum solo is entertaining. Not even John Bonham's...

/end sarcasm

I'm sorry but NO drum solo is entertaining. Not even John Bonham's...

some drum solos are cool. ever see slipknot?

brains are cool too :shades:

He's done 5 or 6 albums and 10 tours and Axl hasn't done shit. LOL.

Yet more people heard 'Chinese Democracy' in a half empty club, early in the morning, than 'Hollywood Zen'

By the way, did I mention that I hate Matt? :wub::huh:

but at least that was Matt expressing himself, doing what he wanted to do. Not having to put up with hip-hop beats and wannabe Elton John ballads...

Too bad almost no one heard Matt 'expressing himself' ^_^

So it's a good thing he didn't spend 13+ million and over a decade to make it.

Your right, it is. I'm sure the most any record company would give Matt to make a solo record would be $200 and a few weeks ;)

Because he doesn't have an iconic name like Guns N' Roses to hide behind. :)

Aww, now isn't that sad? So, where's the big hits that Matt wrote? Did he happen to write SCOM, WTTJ or PC? :o

Serious question here...did he write anything on the UYI cd's? :huh: I don't see him being credited for anything (at least on UYI 1)

Towards the end no one was allowed to contribute, never mind the hired help. As a paid emplyee his only requirement was to play, which he did. Whether people like him or not, he filled an open slot and did his job. Can't ask for anything more than that.

So then Axl was right for labeling him a former 'employee'?

/end sarcasm

I know.Brain is way better.Fuck Matt

brain maybe better at playing the new stuff, but he sucks playing most of the original guns stuff. esp you could be mine. i dunno why loads of people on here rag matt, he is technically a great drummer, yes his solo's were boring during the UYI days but thats only because you have heard the bootlegs a million times and he plays the same solo all the time, if you had actually been to a UYI concert then it would/did sound good, as back in those days the bootlegs weren't widely availible, like they are today

Actually i remember going to see bodycount years ago and the drummer copied matt's drum solo

Edited by elsidor

He's done 5 or 6 albums and 10 tours and Axl hasn't done shit. LOL.

Yet more people heard 'Chinese Democracy' in a half empty club, early in the morning, than 'Hollywood Zen'

By the way, did I mention that I hate Matt? :wub::huh:

but at least that was Matt expressing himself, doing what he wanted to do. Not having to put up with hip-hop beats and wannabe Elton John ballads...

Too bad almost no one heard Matt 'expressing himself' ^_^

So it's a good thing he didn't spend 13+ million and over a decade to make it.

Your right, it is. I'm sure the most any record company would give Matt to make a solo record would be $200 and a few weeks ;)

Aww, now isn't that sad? So, where's the big hits that Matt wrote? Did he happen to write SCOM, WTTJ or PC? :o

Serious question here...did he write anything on the UYI cd's? :huh: I don't see him being credited for anything (at least on UYI 1)

Towards the end no one was allowed to contribute, never mind the hired help. As a paid emplyee his only requirement was to play, which he did. Whether people like him or not, he filled an open slot and did his job. Can't ask for anything more than that.

Yes

Yes

Yep - same thing he'd call all the members from 96 - present that have come and gone, same thing he'll say when he gets rid of these guys. They are all employees.

Matt has the 'EX - Guns N' Roses' name to hide behind :rolleyes:

Why else would he get 'record deals'?

He also has "EX - Cult" name too. :rolleyes:

No one labels themselves EX - anything. It's attached to them.

And to just blindly make an assumption that he wouldn't have done any solo projects without the GnR name is ridiculous.

"EX - Cult" name too. :rolleyes: rarely if ever used (1 album, hired hand) :rolleyes:

'blindly make an assumption' oh please :rolleyes:

Do you honestly think Matt took it upon himself to play those solos while Axl left the stage, changed his clothes and took a nap? OR do you think he was told to do those solos...

I'm no vocalist but I would think putting on a 3 hour show would be strenuous to ones throat and voicebox and all that other shit. The band could have done something else I think to let Axl rest his chops for 15 minutes. The godfather theme was cool, and the jam duff, slash, and matt did together between the drum and guitar solos was cool, but the drum solo and most of the guitar solo was just :sleeper:

I'm no vocalist but I would think putting on a 3 hour show would be strenuous to ones throat and voicebox and all that other shit. The band could have done something else I think to let Axl rest his chops for 15 minutes. The godfather theme was cool, and the jam duff, slash, and matt did together between the drum and guitar solos was cool, but the drum solo and most of the guitar solo was just :sleeper:

Here you go again making excuses for Axl and passing the blame to others...typical.

Just because you can't relate to a solo doesn't mean it sucks, it just means that you didn't like it. I'm sure you'll say that the Robin guitar solo was the greatest thing ever too. It's all about taste. While I may think your taste sucks, I can't tell you that you're wrong - though you would tell me I was wrong if my tastes were different than yours (which thank goodness they are). We're just different people (again, thank goodness).

You established your musical credibility when you said Robin was better than Slash. Enough said.

Yes

Yep - same thing he'd call all the members from 96 - present that have come and gone, same thing he'll say when he gets rid of these guys. They are all employees.

Then why is it only Matt who was called a former 'employee' on the Live Era CD?

You're talking about the Tokyo DVD, right?

If so, then the first time I watched it I though all of it was cool, but as you said the drum solo drags on (NOT ENOUGH CYMBOLS!!) but Slash's solo was great, especially the beginning on the stairs.

I tend to think of drummers as either being good at rhythm or improvised stuff. Matt Sorum is a great rhythm player, he keeps great beats and is never out of time, but he lacks in the improv. stuff making it sound boring because there isn't enough variation, something drums lack in any case.

Matt was an employee, and he complained about not being a 'member'.

because axl acts like a prize knob sometimes and is spiteful and vendictive and wont let stuff lie (but then again thats what made some his rants entertaining) he probly tried to get the rest of the band down as former employees on that cd aswell

Matt was an employee, and he complained about not being a 'member'.

I know, but that was in response to
same thing he'll say when he gets rid of these guys. They are all employees

Also, Gilby is mentioned with Matt. So maybe it wasn't just Matt..

So we agree that Axl had to rest his voice and that Matt was told to do a drum solo. Whether you think it was boring as hell or not, it HAD Axl's stamp of approval. Your boy couldn't come up with anything more exciting to entertain the masses while he took a break. That's not Matt's fault.

'blindly make an assumption' oh please :rolleyes:

good answer

So we agree that Axl had to rest his voice and that Matt was told to do a drum solo. Whether you think it was boring as hell or not, it HAD Axl's stamp of approval. Your boy couldn't come up with anything more exciting to entertain the masses while he took a break. That's not Matt's fault.

Yep, they didn't have minds of their own, they did as Axl instructed. He could have either put on a kickass drum solo or put the crowd to sleep. I dont know, but if Axl told Brain to do a solo, you can bet your ass it wlil be a lot more entertaining. rock3

Yep, they didn't have minds of their own, they did as Axl instructed.

Again we agree!

If Brain had to play as long as Matt was required to, it would suck as well. No one should have to endure drum solos that long. And for the record Matt now does a very short solo at the VR shows, and sometimes none at all, which again indicates he was doing what he was told by his former employer, but we already agreed on that one.

Yep, they didn't have minds of their own, they did as Axl instructed. He could have either put on a kickass drum solo or put the crowd to sleep. I dont know, but if Axl told Brain to do a solo, you can bet your ass it wlil be a lot more entertaining. rock3

Doubt that. All drum solos are boring.

As is the case with 95% of your statements, you don't know that. You don't even know if Brain is in the band. :rolleyes:

Again, just because you didn't like something doesn't mean it sucks.

Yep, they didn't have minds of their own, they did as Axl instructed.

Again we agree!

If Brain had to play as long as Matt was required to, it would suck as well. No one should have to endure drum solos that long. And for the record Matt now does a very short solo at the VR shows, and sometimes none at all, which again indicates he was doing what he was told by his former employer, but we already agreed on that one.

True, none of Matt's other bands have had a drum solo before or after GNR.