So we've heard more new material from Axl

Guest JohnUlmer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds horrible to me. way too fast, no emotion, no feeling, no bluesy vibe. It's just a fucking shred machine. yeah, a machine.

I don't think playing fast makes you good but you seem to think that playing fast can never be good no matter what... what's up with that?

It sounds horrible to me. way too fast, no emotion, no feeling, no bluesy vibe. It's just a fucking shred machine. yeah, a machine.

I don't think playing fast makes you good but you seem to think that playing fast can never be good no matter what... what's up with that?

Yeah really. If the new guitarist wants to shred his ass off in a rehearsal, then what the hell is the matter with that? Doesn't mean Nightrain or any other song is going to turn into a shredding fest. Take a breather.

When did he say it wasn't a guitarist? I thought he just said "not someone from the past."

Correct - Axl never said it wasnt a guitarist

Actually he did. I typed out that part of the interview:

hey Axl, I know you got the shows coming up at, uh, at Hammerstein, of course they're all sold out, but everybody wants to know the lineup, who you got in the band now?

Axl: Uh, it's pretty much the same thing that we had in 2002 but it's like you know there'll be, uh, somebody else there but I'm not gonna say who.

Bach: Right on, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

He's got his own Supergroup.

Axl: Yeah but it's got nothin' to do with guitars, so...

Listen to it, it's at the 4 minute mark. But it's hard to know exactly what he means. Obviously later on when he was in studio he confirmed that there is in fact a new guitarist so...read into it what you will. I'm thinking maybe there will be a new guitarist (who's got nothing to do with the past), and the somebody else that Axl mentioned here (who's got nothing to do with guitars). Two new members.

As for the Nightrain bit, it would be pretty silly for someone to listen to it and think they can guess who's playing it. But it seems like a shredder. And it seems to be played at a higher pitch than Slash or Bucket used to do it.

This is all really cool but a bit bittersweet for me as I would have preferred either Slash or Bucket (who I have grown to really like - his Nightrain solos were kick ass).

If so, one could get the right number in 10 tries or less

DJ: "Dude, it's 731-264--"

Trunk (?): "Shut up a second, okay!!!"

Other DJ: "It's 1-800 Axl Rose."

Someone up for some calling? :)

Actually, even if I did manage to get his number, I wouldn't call him. I wouldn't want to upset his privacy; plus I'd feel creepy.

I thought maybe you were being honest and then I read this:

I guess it's not the real number then. Bummer.

:rolleyes:

You obviously want his number.

Edited by KBear

I thought he said "Yeah but it's got nothing to do with the past, so..." :unsure:

It does sound like "guitars", but now that you mention it I agree that he's saying "the past".

Nevermind then! :lol:

..i think it was funny how w. axl rose gets afraid by the offer they pick them up...

.."nooo i i i got people and stuff..but ahhh...and adress and stuff...just give me the adress...would be a lot easier..." :)

..if i would be a girl..i would say...SWEET!!!

:)

Guest JohnUlmer

When did he say it wasn't a guitarist? I thought he just said "not someone from the past."

Correct - Axl never said it wasnt a guitarist

Actually he did. I typed out that part of the interview:

hey Axl, I know you got the shows coming up at, uh, at Hammerstein, of course they're all sold out, but everybody wants to know the lineup, who you got in the band now?

Axl: Uh, it's pretty much the same thing that we had in 2002 but it's like you know there'll be, uh, somebody else there but I'm not gonna say who.

Bach: Right on, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

He's got his own Supergroup.

Listen to it, it's at the 4 minute mark. But it's hard to know exactly what he means. Obviously later on when he was in studio he confirmed that there is in fact a new guitarist so...read into it what you will. I'm thinking maybe there will be a new guitarist (who's got nothing to do with the past), and the somebody else that Axl mentioned here (who's got nothing to do with guitars). Two new members.

As for the Nightrain bit, it would be pretty silly for someone to listen to it and think they can guess who's playing it. But it seems like a shredder. And it seems to be played at a higher pitch than Slash or Bucket used to do it.

This is all really cool but a bit bittersweet for me as I would have preferred either Slash or Bucket (who I have grown to really like - his Nightrain solos were kick ass).

If so, one could get the right number in 10 tries or less

DJ: "Dude, it's 731-264--"

Trunk (?): "Shut up a second, okay!!!"

Other DJ: "It's 1-800 Axl Rose."

Someone up for some calling? :)

Actually, even if I did manage to get his number, I wouldn't call him. I wouldn't want to upset his privacy; plus I'd feel creepy.

I thought maybe you were being honest and then I read this:

I guess it's not the real number then. Bummer.

:rolleyes:

You obviously want his number.

:huh: The "I guess it's not his number then" reply was a joke. :unsure: