The 3rd Guitarist is a huge slam to Fortus and Finck Faces

rockstar81

Guest JohnUlmer

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ May 6 2006, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They have put up with being compared to some stoners for years, im sure they can with stand this comparison...

:lol:

You and Nequik should start a cult. The cult of the "2RF" where you worship the two RF and worship a shrine of them intertwined in homosexual love. Where they complete each other.

OR you could get real. When Buckethead jacked they would have said, "Shi$. How can we tour now, there is a guitar player missing. Axl get the phone book out, look under 'G' for guitarists."

They knew the band couldn't perform with 2 players, that they need three. That was part of the masterplan and dates back years. I bet they would have quit if they had to rewrite the album, and they certainly would have quit if they thought they were being belittled.

Id like to see another big name for a little more publicity.

[/q

Brian Carroll, i got that feeling...the "has nothing to do with the past" shit I aint buyin yet...lol It sounded dead nuts like Bucket to me

they dont need any more pub......imo

You believe they don't have egos? You believe they appreciate? I highly doubt that... but Axl is the Boss so they don't have the right to say anything.

What about the egos?

and how did you came to that conclusion? The new Guitar player just started playing with them....they hardly know each other...

you dumb ass! :lol:

You believe they don't have egos? You believe they appreciate? :question:

They had a 3rd guitarist before, so it shouldnt be a shock. Plus, they wont leave, Axl is paying them more than they could ever wish to get anywhere else. Richard Fortus and Robin Finck dont have the clout in the industry Slash did.

They know that this is Axls game, he does what he wants, if they dont like it, their paycheck is gone, their nice houses in LA are gone, and they are back to living in Georgia, simple as that, and I think they know that.

This 3rd guitar player thing is nothing more than an insult to Richard and Robin.

Not an insult, just an acknowledgement of the fact neither Finck nor Fortus are qualified to be the true lead guitarist of a band like GNR. While both are solid players, neither of those 2 are in the stratosphere of Slash or Buckethead in terms of ability. I am sure whoever the new guitarist is is one of those virtuoso types the way Bucket was, and will offer the band a legitimate Lead guitarist in the eyes of the public.

For people to ever get past Slash, Guns needed a Bucket type player that is clearly exceptional and worthy of filling those shoes. Robin and Richard just weren't that guy, hence Axl bringing in another new guitarist.

You and Nequik should start a cult. The cult of the "2RF" where you worship the two RF and worship a shrine of them intertwined in homosexual love. Where they complete each other.

Let me introduce something called The Line System. What you just said was OVER the line. See how that works. Cool. Thanks.

Edited by where's izzy?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ May 6 2006, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

They have put up with being compared to some stoners for years, im sure they can with stand this comparison...

:lol:

HEY!!! Whats wrong with weed!!!!

I'm quite sure Fortus doesn't want to rock the boat. I'm sure he realises how easily replaceable he is.

Actually he's a very valuable member. N'sync is beating down his doors trying to get him as their permanent session guitarist....between that and touring with Nena....Fortus has a lot of options outside gnr. Axl needs to keep him and Chris Pittman happy if he wants this band to be a success....

I'm quite sure Fortus doesn't want to rock the boat. I'm sure he realises how easily replaceable he is.

Actually he's a very valuable member. N'sync is beating down his doors trying to get him as their permanent session guitarist....between that and touring with Nena....Fortus has a lot of options outside gnr. Axl needs to keep him and Chris Pittman happy if he wants this band to be a success....

yeah i'm sure he was paid quite well in reference to Fortus, just as Slash did when he played with Michael Jackson ;)

yeah i'm sure he was paid quite well in reference to Fortus, just as Slash did when he played with Michael Jackson ;)

To be fair, MJ was one of the biggest stars in the world when Slash collaborated with him on Give Into Me. He's wasn't always a suspected alien faced child molester y'know. He used to be the greatest entertainer on Earth.

To be fair, MJ was one of the biggest stars in the world when Slash collaborated with him on Give Into Me. He's wasn't always a suspected alien faced child molester y'know. He used to be the greatest entertainer on Earth.

That and he is an amazing talent. Give in to me is an awesome song. Slash has had the honor of working with some of the best musicians in the world...

This all depends on who it is, Plus if i wasnt able to play to there ability i would like to have someone there that could teach me a few things. So i dont think it would be that big of a deal.

Edited by ChrisXGNR

That and he is an amazing talent. Give in to me is an awesome song. Slash has had the honor of working with some of the best musicians in the world...

Yeah...didn't he work with Blackstreet? :huh: