Will Izzy be at the NY Shows

djbguitar@aol.com

hmm...i think its a possibility for a few shows. someone was saying earlier...i THINK it was one of the support acts...or could been some randomer at the bar...it was at a gilby clarke show (best gig ever) they said that izzy was gonna play a few shows with gnr. if i got it from the support dude it may be worth something...MAY be. if its fromt he randomer at the bar it means nothing and you should forgot what you just read, i was pretty "merry" at the time. :huh:

yea i think he could play for a few shows.

The bottom line is Izzy left Guns N' Roses in 1991 because he did not have the intention of getting so big like Axl wanted to, which means he doesn't want mass-field / stadium tours, that he doesn't want to shoot videos...so I don't think he would want to join Axl. And certainly Axl wouldn't stop his intentions just so he can play with Izzy.

I doubt he would play with the band, but I wouldn't rule out him showing up to watch.

I disagree. I think the plan is for Izzy to come onstage and play with the band. Otherwise, Izzy wouldn't be in NYC right now hanging out with Axl and Axl wouldn't have mentioned it at all. The big question though - is Izzy's unpredictability and his tendency to back out of live performances at the last minute. (Such as the New York Dolls gig he was to play).

Well we know 3 songs from the NY set list. Nightrain, Madagascar & Paradise City.

Interesting that axl said catcher most likely wont be on the new album.

He said that Brian May's parts wouldn't be on it. I don't think he's satisfied with his vocal and therefore he wants to rerecord CITR with the new guitarist.

The bottom line is Izzy left Guns N' Roses in 1991 because he did not have the intention of getting so big like Axl wanted to, which means he doesn't want mass-field / stadium tours, that he doesn't want to shoot videos...so I don't think he would want to join Axl. And certainly Axl wouldn't stop his intentions just so he can play with Izzy.

eh, he quit for more than that

Intro to Hammerstein gig on May 12th......

Clip of Axl in Athens 93 .... "back from a long motorcycling trip … , Mr. Izzy Stradlin!" and then Izzy arrives on-stage with his Harley Davidson.... and band goes into 14 Years :o:o

:krider:

[m.]

I dunno if you remember but a few weeks ago I made a post saying I had a really strong gut feeling that Izzy would show up and jam on a few of the old classics?

Yeah, it'd be amazing if izz man played with ax and co, perhaps izz and fortus could duet the solo in rocket queen

imagine if izzy wrote a brand new song for axl and they played it in nYc!!

Well, seeing as Axl said like, two days ago that the new member was "no-one from the past" I very much doubt it's Izzy

I think Axl also said Chinese Democracy would be out by the fall of 1997, so I dont think his word matters for much

well, you sound like a trusting fan :shades: