The new guitarist is NOT Michael Angelo Batio

highvoltage

Guys, the new guitarist you hear on the clip is not Michael Angelo Batio.

Some time ago, when these rumours about him joining were floating around, I emailed his manager, Deb, to find out what was going on. In my email, I asked whether he would be joining Guns N' Roses - and if he wasn't, then why he was so reluctant to shoot the rumour down on the Talking Metal podcast he was on. Here was her reply:

Hi Chris,

No there is no truth to this rumor.

When Michael got hit with the question at talkingmetal.com, he knew he was booked for the year worldwide and stated that.

However, as his agent, I know he realizes that I'm constantly working on major show possiblities and I don't bother him with "maybes" until they are solid. It's not that he meant to hint that it might be true, he was just concerned that "What if Deb is talking with GNR and just hasn't told me yet"? He was being cautious.

At least now I know why Buckethead won't be my friend on myspace! LOL!

Best regards,

Deb

As you can see - no truth to the Michael Angelo rumour. Merck has also confirmed this!

Guest JohnUlmer

I wasn't even aware this was still a rumor. :blink: There are so many these days. It's really pathetic how many people come up with. Today I've seen Eddie Van Halen, Tracii Guns, Dave Mustaine, Buckethead, Izzy, Slash, and now Michael Angelo Batio (who??) mentioned.

Can't wait for what's next, guys. How about Axl himself?

Wait, too late -- we already DID discuss that possibility last month. :rolleyes:

I wasn't even aware this was still a rumor.

Surprisingly enough, it is... There's been a few posts about it. I wasn't going to bother posting this email (it's about 2 months old), because I was hoping everyone was over the whole idea of him being in the band.

But yeah - saw a few posts about it - mainly because of the "shredding" in the "Nightrain '06" clip, so I felt the need to post this.

Guest JohnUlmer

I wasn't even aware this was still a rumor.

Surprisingly enough, it is... There's been a few posts about it. I wasn't going to bother posting this email (it's about 2 months old), because I was hoping everyone was over the whole idea of him being in the band.

But yeah - saw a few posts about it - mainly because of the "shredding" in the "Nightrain '06" clip, so I felt the need to post this.

I wasn't questioning you posting it, I'm glad to get as many rumors out of the way as possible; it cuts back on the amount of repetitive nonsense posted here.

But just wait - tomorrow there will be a new post about Michael Angelo Batio and how his manager Debbie mentioned Buckethead on MySpace as an indication of something "big" that's going to be happening with both of them... :rolleyes: