Respect for the Band

Axls_Disillusion

I dont know.. it seems no matter what certain members here are stuck in the past and are set on coming here day after day bashing all of the members of the band. That just doesn't make sense because this is the band we are here to support. Axl has confirmed that all of the guys from 2002 besides buckethead are still in Guns N' Roses, and that they have been working hard getting ready for the release of the albums and the upcoming tours. A lot of these guys get absolutely no respect around here, mostly because they were the guy that replaced someone's favorite old member.

I understand most GNR fans have an attachment to the old lineup and will prefer the old lineup to the new lineup, but is it really necessary to ruin every fucking thread with those tired arguments? You can't start a positive supportive thread here without an asshole or two ruining it by shitting on the members of the band or bashing Axl and the decisions he has made in Guns N Roses. Move on, most of us already have.

I for one am excited that I get to see GNR in a week! This is supposed to be exciting times and it would be nice to see a little more respect for the band. I certianly am not going to waste my time on a forum for a band I do not like, so I don't understand the logic that goes on in some of these assholes minds.

Be happy with what you have! Axl is coming back, GNR is coming back! This is supposed to be happy times!! I love the old band too but its gone and nothing we can do will ever bring that back. I love Guns N' Roses, this is the best band I've ever seen live, and for those of you seeing the band for your first time, you will see what I mean!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnUlmer

Yeah, but how many times are you going to post this dude? No offense meant, but I seem to recall an almost identical post telling people the same thing last week...

Sadly, some people won't change their mind, even after they hear the music. Not much we can do about it.

I love the new band but all of us here only know the "OLD" band. A couple of shows done in 2002 is not enough to change everybody over. Have we heard "REAL" material from this new band? Until we do most people will like the old Guns better. Simple

The problem is there is a large faction of fans and the general public that think the new band just hasn't made any music yet that surpasses the old band's best songs. People will forever be hesitant to except this band if they can't surpass the accomplishments of the old group, because otherwise it was not worth breaking up the group to go in this direction.

There are many people who feel, and in some cases justifably so, that Axl has taken GNR from a band that was a Mercedes, and turned it into a Chevy. When you get used to having the best, it can be a tough pill to swallow to some to fully embrace a second tier option when you were spoiled by something that was the finest in music.

I love the new band but all of us here only know the "OLD" band. A couple of shows done in 2002 is not enough to change everybody over. Have we heard "REAL" material from this new band? Until we do most people will like the old Guns better. Simple

its not about liking one version of GNR better than another.

its about showing respect and support for the band. Which band you like better really doesn't matter in the end. Only one version is here for our support now.

I was just watching some vids from Leeds and Boston. Fucking 10/10 ROCK N' FUCKIN ROLL people. This band played the shit out of the old stuff and has some awesome new stuff as we should all know by now.

I love, love, love, both lineups, and couldn't possibly choose whom I like better- Chinese Democracy may change my mind but... - Guys, just don't cling to the past, even if you think Axl shouldn't be using the name, get over yourself, this is a talented bunch of musicians, like it or not. Axl is gonna rock and kick some ass along with this band. Those who say the new band (Finck in most cases) fuck up on the old material are delusional, how many old GN'R shows have you seen? Slash and Duff fucked up at least 10 times in each show. This new band is Guns N' Roses for now anyway, and they will fucking keep the name, they are going to release an album, and it will most probably be quite excellent. You don't like seeing "Guns N' Roses" on the CD cover? Just chill and pop in the disc and listen, if you think it's a solo project, then you gotta admit it's a pretty damn fucking brilliant solo project.

Guest Matt13
I certianly am not going to waste my time on a forum for a band I do not like, so I don't understand the logic that goes on in some of these assholes minds.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNN

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

The shit flies both ways dude. You know? The fucking Dont Damn Me section is what starts all of it with the "Slash vs Buckethead", "old GNR vs nu GNR" , "best GNR guitarist" arguments. People learn who they disagree with and start shit with them on other topics. Or some angry fucks will come in here and make a few "Axl can suck my balls" threads to piss off NuGNR fans, who then look at other old GNR lovers as NuGNR haters. :rolleyes: Then after getting really pissed, people will make "why cant we all just get along" threads, so people can say "Like OMG! wow, awsome post I totally agree! Things should be that way!", to just go back the next day and beat the shit out of the regular topics.

The forum is a mess, and too many people are way too defensive about their idols. Anybody says something bad about Buckethead or Slash and that person will just be an enemy to whoever disagrees with them. Yeah, I take part in it too, but so does everyone else on the forum. Its just a difference in opinion, and people will express their opinions. But at the end of the day, how much does it really get to you? Do you go to bed thinking about what some kid said to you on the internet? Fuck No! So I say keep arguing, it makes things a hell of a lot more interesting here while we are sitting around waiting for this goddamn CD to come out. How boring would this forum be without constant arguments?

Maybe most of it will stop, now that we have something to talk about. Sure, there will always be side topics of apparently really board people who just feel like talking shit through a computer screen, but I really think that from this point on we can put the dogshit behind us and talk some Guns N' Fucking Roses!

Edited by sweetness

its about showing respect

Respect has to be earned.

NuGnR has done nothing to earn my respect. Maybe that will change in the future, maybe it won't.

Next question? :)

You haven't been impressed by the demos?

NuGnR has done nothing to earn my respect. Maybe that will change in the future, maybe it won't.

FUCK DUDES, one thing is clear: The old GNR cannot be compared to the new GNR!

I mean fuck Slash, and Duff and Izzy and Steven, theyre fucking legends, idols, these guys are immortal and no offense to the new dudes (except AXL ofcourse) but i dont think that theyll ever reach that level.

I mean i respect and love the new GNR, but i dont think they can be compared with GNR of old.

Sorry, but when Axl decided to keep the name, he knew there would be comparisons. It's only natural.

Velvet Revolver also had to deal with comparisons to GnR and STP. Not to mention the huge expectations. They still managed to put out a great album, go on a successful world tour and win over plenty of new and old fans.

As for being happy with a few demos, a few bootlegs, and a short lived tour that can only be described as a disaster ... well, I guess I just have higher expectations of Axl than you do. Maybe I'm bigger fan? :)

great post Axls_Disillusion

It's been 10 years since slash left and people still can't except it, Axl even said in that interveiw that he won't be playing with the old line up at all.

The band has moved on, there is now a new line up, that is how it is.

I totally agree, give them some respect! Ok Fink isn't as good as Slash and Fortus isn't Izzy, but this band have chemistry as apposed to Classic GNR where it was a time-bomb waiting to be set off. They have worked hard and I am looking forward to seeing them for the first time live at DWNLD and then hopefully in Bournemouth if the rumours are true. As for you people who mock and shame the New GNR, just think about what rubbish music there is out there. GNR are going to turn the world of music back to it's good old roots. Old GNR are gone, and until Axl and Slash patch things up and agree a reunion, be happy with what you've got!

You haven't been impressed by the demos?

Or by over 20 shows worth of live material?

Oh, you probably haven't heard/seen many... <_<

not impressed by the demos and not their performances didn't impress me either, it's all a matter of taste...but im going to see them a few times, so hopefully they can impress me

Be happy with what you have! Axl is coming back, GNR is coming back!

u are wrong, axl is coming back with new backup musicians, gnr isnt coming back

and u asshole ruin every thread reggarding to the old band and u ask respect in this forum for the new band??! fuckin asshole me and tons of ppl are ashamed of u, and ppl that think like you, that the legendary band called gnr finck, fortus, brain and pittman is back

show some respect to the old lineup first, then ask for respect to the new lineup...ASSHOLE :fuckyou:

Be happy with what you have! Axl is coming back, GNR is coming back!

u are wrong, axl is coming back with new backup musicians, gnr isnt coming back

and u asshole ruin every thread reggarding to the old band and u ask respect in this forum for the new band??! fuckin asshole me and tons of ppl are ashamed of u, and ppl that think like you, that the legendary band called gnr finck, fortus, brain and pittman is back

show some respect to the old lineup first, then ask for respect to the new lineup...ASSHOLE :fuckyou:

Guns n Roses are back!!

What gets me is,that if and when Axl decides to change his band again,all the NuGNRers are going to be saying the same crap the old crew says now.They are gonna hate the replacements or Axl for that matter for breaking up something they love and admire.

Yes,I am one all gung ho for the reunion.I think it is pathetic on their own parts that they couldn't agree to disagree and be men and not children and get over themselves.But hey,that's their problem and not mine.But until what you love gets broken up,the NuGNRer's will not understand.Maybe some of the Buckethead lovers will now,now that he is gone.

And even though I would love to see a reunion,I do not come on here ever god damn day of the week saying so.If it happens,it happens.If not,I have moved on long ago.And if what I heard from the leaks,is what I have to look forward to,I guess I will be moving even further.And it doesn't have to do with who the hell is playing what and where.The magic of the music that grabbed a hold of me back in 1987 when I was only about 10 or 11 yrs old(I'm 29 now),just isn't there.And I don't mean the magic as being in the sound.Those leaks just didn't make me stunned with awe at all.They didn't make me go WOW! :o

And I still believe(call me crazy if you want but it's my opinion and I am entitled to it damn it!)I don't see these guys hating each other.They just don't agree on some things is all.And that doesn't mean hate.They just can't work together.Which is fucking sad.It's sad that they are that wrapped up in themselves individually.And until they get over that,there won't be any old GN'R. :no:

And if the young crowd of people crasp ahold of the new shit being played now,what makes you think they will crab ahold of what GN'R is now?I don't see it as that much better than what is out now. :no: But I am not gonna argue it with anyone.Cause like I said,this is just my opinion and it may not be right in the mind of someone else.Which is fine.And everyone else is entitled to their own opinion.

Hell if we all agreed,it would be a pretty fucking boring world.I like variety.

Edited by SweetRose

A_D, the problem with you is that you think people should act as though the old band never existed. And your constant dissing of the old band is ridiculous too. The new guys really aren't going to gain any respect until they put out the album, and have a successful tour. Just like the old guys had to earn their dues back then, the new guys have to try to overcome the shadow of a legendary band. And that won't be easy.

It's been 10 years since slash left and people still can't except it, Axl even said in that interveiw that he won't be playing with the old line up at all.

The band has moved on, there is now a new line up, that is how it is.

Wowee, thanks for the update.

What's that got to do with respect or anything else discussed in this thread?

Do you even read threads before you spiel your usual pro-Axl propaganda?