Respect for the Band

Axls_Disillusion

It's been 10 years since slash left and people still can't except it, Axl even said in that interveiw that he won't be playing with the old line up at all.

The band has moved on, there is now a new line up, that is how it is.

Wowee, thanks for the update.

What's that got to do with respect or anything else discussed in this thread?

Do you even read threads before you spiel your usual pro-Axl propaganda?

no problem

yes it has got everything to do with respect.

people need to respect that this is how the band is and it is Guns n Roses, people need to respect that Slash and co are no longer in the band and that they left by choice 10 years ago, people need to respect that Axl will not be playing with the old members anytime soon and that puts to end the reunion rumours.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think sweetness was on the ball there, im also going to flat out agree with both dead flowers and Luvaxl4ever,

I think generally these fights are inevitable, there are people who don't accept this as Guns n Roses (and quite rightly too), it doesnt mean that they dont have an interest in this group, but because they are fans of GNR they've attached a meaning to that name that this group simpley does'nt represent.

And here in lies the problem, for the very mention of the name GNR in reference to this new band is antogonistic, the fact that the bulk of their work which you've heard so far is "stolen" from the other band, is also antagonistic, "i think Finck played the shit out of pardise city", statements like that are antogonistic to a fan of the person who orginally wrote the riff. It is this issue of attributing the work of others to somebody else, which will always cause disputes.

Also die hard fans of "NuGNR" tend to follow the cult of celebrity (as ive mentioned before), which is the pschological issue of becoming emotionally linked to a celebrity, usually because of some insecurity or due to being socially ostracised.

This leaves the sufferer unable to criticise Axl or the band for anything and outwardly aggressive to those who do, this makes conversation boring, limited and idiotic, as we can no longer allowed say we dont like a song or criticise an action (as we should as citizens of "supposed" liberal democracies) because we will be branded "haters" by these extreme fans/mental cases.

Of course this lack critical judgement is also a clear indication of age, young teenagers also are likely to lash out at others for attacking thier idols, I guess its this melting pot of experience and age that will inevitabely lead to "chip on the shoulder" tension.

Anyway, what is it you want exactly Axl's disillusion? To come here and talk of nothing but how great Axl is? wouldn't that be boring? Isn't that level of devotion saved for men of God or screaming girls talking about their dream boat boy band? " I mean I like Axl Roses singing and his writing style but i don't intend on anally assualting him after a show, I guess in this way, me and you are two very different people :no:

One last question A_D, ever see "Misery"?

I think sweetness was on the ball there, im also going to flat out agree with both dead flowers and Luvaxl4ever,

I think generally these fights are inevitable, there are people who don't accept this as Guns n Roses (and quite rightly too), it doesnt mean that they dont have an interest in this group, but because they are fans of GNR they've attached a meaning to that name that this group simpley does'nt represent.

And here in lies the problem, for the very mention of the name GNR in reference to this new band is antogonistic, the fact that the bulk of their work which you've heard so far is "stolen" from the other band, is also antagonistic, "i think Finck played the shit out of pardise city", statements like that are antogonistic to a fan of the person who orginally wrote the riff. It is this issue of attributing the work of others to somebody else, which will always cause disputes.

Also die hard fans of "NuGNR" tend to follow the cult of celebrity (as ive mentioned before), which is the pschological issue of becoming emotionally linked to a celebrity, usually because of some insecurity or due to being socially ostracised.

This leaves the sufferer unable to criticise Axl or the band for anything and outwardly aggressive to those who do, this makes conversation boring, limited and idiotic, as we can no longer allowed say we dont like a song or criticise an action (as we should as citizens of "supposed" liberal democracies) because we will be branded "haters" by these extreme fans/mental cases.

Of course this lack critical judgement is also a clear indication of age, young teenagers also are likely to lash out at others for attacking thier idols, I guess its this melting pot of experience and age that will inevitabely lead to "chip on the shoulder" tension.

Anyway, what is it you want exactly Axl's disillusion? To come here and talk of nothing but how great Axl is? wouldn't that be boring? Isn't that level of devotion saved for men of God or screaming girls talking about their dream boat boy band? " I mean I like Axl Roses singing and his writing style but i don't intend on anally assualting him after a show, I guess in this way, me and you are two very different people :no:

I can understand that and yes it is hard for some to see another person play something that another wrote

but what about Gilby, did he steal the riffs from Izzy when he joined, Or did Matt steal the drum beats of Steven when he joined.

The new line up play the old songs live, Axl said it's very hard to ask a musician to play parts of other musicians before them. The new line up know that the music they play from the old line up is not theirs and they have never claimed it is.

Edited by Axl-rocks

I can understand that and yes it is hard for some to see another person play something that another wrote

but what about Gilby, did he steal the riffs from Izzy when he joined, Or did Matt steal the drum beats of Steven when he joined.

The new line up play the old songs live, Axl said it's very hard to ask a musician to play parts of other musicians before them. These people don't claim that the music is theirs, they know very well that it is not. They play it for the fans.

Im not attacking the band, Im attacking Axl's decision to keep the name and to use the old material for whole shows, instead of one or two songs like VR, his shows comprise of nearly all old material, which he himself only wrote part of, also, GNR is Izzy, Duff, Slash and Axl, they are the song writing components, the drummer is irrelvent in this scenario (not all scenarios - Jon Bonham for example), a case could be made that when Izzy left then GNR ceased to be GNR, thats debatable but whats not debatably is Axl is not GNR alone, GNR must at least be a majority of the 4 names listed and even then its debatable

The other thing Im arguing about his the fans themselves, check my above post for that argument, im not writing it out again

Edited by Mr Estranged

The new line up play the old songs live, Axl said it's very hard to ask a musician to play parts of other musicians before them. These people don't claim that the music is theirs, they know very well that it is not. They play it for the fans.

Im not attacking the band, Im attacking Axl's decision to keep the name and to use the old material for whole shows, instead of one or two songs like VR, his shows comprise of nearly all old material, which he himself only wrote part of, also, GNR is Izzy, Duff, Slash and Axl, they are the song writing components, the drummer is irrelvent in this scenario (not all scenarios - Jon Bonham for example), a case could be made that when Izzy left then GNR ceased to be GNR, thats debatable but whats not debatably is Axl is not GNR alone, GNR must at least be a majority of the 4 names listed and even then its debatable

The other thing Im arguing about his the fans themselves, check my above post for that argument, im not writing it out again

It's Axls decision to keep the name and one that I support.

About playing the old material, I don't mind, Axl was apart of it and he can sing those songs, most of what he wrote lyrically.

And the fans wanna hear Axl sing the old stuff.

and yes I did read your post, but the part about the music stood out the most to me.

Edited by Axl-rocks

It's Axls decision to keep the name and one that I support.

About playing the old material, I don't mind, Axl was apart of it and he can sing those songs, most of what he wrote lyrically.

And the fans wanna hear Axl sing the old stuff.

Fair enough but don't be upset when you have to deal with the negativity associated with both those decisions, your views are conflictual with mine, and vice versa, which is why there are conflicts here, this board is a division of two different views, Ive explained mine and you've explained yours, frankly I think Sweetness was right, its fighting and expressing a point a view against another which keeps these boards from stagnating

I hope these arguments never stop ;)

also i cant wait for the reunion ;)

Edited by Mr Estranged

I love the new band but all of us here only know the "OLD" band. A couple of shows done in 2002 is not enough to change everybody over. Have we heard "REAL" material from this new band? Until we do most people will like the old Guns better. Simple

its not about liking one version of GNR better than another.

its about showing respect and support for the band. Which band you like better really doesn't matter in the end. Only one version is here for our support now.

Who is foolish enough to show respect to a band that hasn't earned it? Let them accomplish something...we'll start small and just ask them to play a whole tour that they signed up to do. I don't think that's asking too much.

its about showing respect

Respect has to be earned.

NuGnR has done nothing to earn my respect. Maybe that will change in the future, maybe it won't.

Next question? :)

Exactly. Do something, then we can talk about respect.

I really think you need to go back and read the thread. You don't even know what you're arguing about.

Get back to me when you catch up.

I read the first post that is all I need to read

Ignorance is bliss...

Guest RonMexico82

Come on now people I think we can all agree that Axl has put together a great backing band for himself. :shades:

Come on man by now you should know that people here dont have any respect for the band and never will. The only thing they can do is bitch when axl isnt saying or doing anything then bitch when something happens bc it doesnt have anything to do with slash or the old band. People here say they like gnr when the only thing they do bash the fucking band all day.

SLASH AND DUFF ARE GONE!!!!! THEY ARE NOT GOING TO COME BACK GET THE FUCK OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!

Come on man by now you should know that people here dont have any respect for the band and never will. The only thing they can do is bitch when axl isnt saying or doing anything then bitch when something happens bc it doesnt have anything to do with slash or the old band. People here say they like gnr when the only thing they do bash the fucking band all day.

SLASH AND DUFF ARE GONE!!!!! THEY ARE NOT GOING TO COME BACK GET THE FUCK OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!

Really? Actually, I would say most people here know that, at least for now. That doesn't change how little this great band you call GnR has accomplished in 13 years.

Edited by hartjh14

how little?? Look what they had to fucking deal with people like you who go to chows and yell wheres slash and duff! The cd is going to come out very soon this year and to have all of the shows in ny sell out in minutes must tell you something. People arent going to pay 80 bucks for a ticket just to go see one guy people love the new band and liked what they saw/heard in 02. When the leaks came out ppl were joining forums fucking crazy fast to get a hold of them and loved them. Just wait and see when CD comes out.

btw good post number!

Edited by Colt 1911

My main gripe with Nu-GNR was Buckethead. I hated him with a passion. I know he can play his ass off etc etc but his style just didn't fit with GNR. Everytime I watch a 2002 bootleg I cringe as that stupid fuck does a robot dance or some shit. Now he's gone, and hopefully a much better replacement is in the band, I'm happy.

Whilst I don't yet consider any of the people behind Axl to be a 'band' as such, I'm more than willing to give them a chance. I'm seeing GNR live this year and if they impress me I'll be happy to get behind them. It's just that as an old GNR fan it's hard to put your faith into all these random guys who you know barely nothing about and are playing your favourite songs.

Nu-GNR will never, ever touch the old band in my eyes, but I'm more than willing to give them a chance. I really want this year to be a good one and we all get what we want (kick ass gigs + CD)

Oh, and by the way. Anyone in this thread that is getting annoyed by people 'dissing' the new band and then posting in the VR section saying 'SLASH IS FAT 0MGZ' and 'SCOTT SUXS' can go to hell you fucking hypocrites :)

Edited by Slash's Appetite

I dont know.. it seems no matter what certain members here are stuck in the past and are set on coming here day after day bashing all of the members of the band. That just doesn't make sense because this is the band we are here to support. Axl has confirmed that all of the guys from 2002 besides buckethead are still in Guns N' Roses, and that they have been working hard getting ready for the release of the albums and the upcoming tours. A lot of these guys get absolutely no respect around here, mostly because they were the guy that replaced someone's favorite old member.

I think if the new album comes out along with a world tour the new band will become a lot more popular and the bashing will become less severe. I didn't get into the new GnR until I heard the leaks and listened to a several of the concerts on the 2002 tour. And seeing The Rock In Rio 2001 video really turned me onto the new Guns.

I think if Axl got more new material out there to promote the new Guns that would do the trick. Unfortunately a lot of people aren't aware of what's going on with the band.

(People think they broke up a long, long time ago) Once people here & see how great the new band the resentment towards the "new Guns" will fade.

how little?? Look what they had to fucking deal with people like you who go to chows and yell wheres slash and duff! The cd is going to come out very soon this year and to have all of the shows in ny sell out in minutes must tell you something. People arent going to pay 80 bucks for a ticket just to go see one guy people love the new band and liked what they saw/heard in 02. When the leaks came out ppl were joining forums fucking crazy fast to get a hold of them and loved them. Just wait and see when CD comes out.

btw good post number!

The shows in NY? LOL, exactly how many people per show?

Are we supposed to feel sorry for Axl because he basically broke up our favorite band and now he has to accept the consequences that go along with those actions? Not going to happen. Axl deserves everything he gets.

If CD ever comes out, then we will see if this band is really a band, as well as if they are any good. Pulling off a great show (I've yet to see a great performance by them, but you're entitled to your opinion) using someone elses material doesn't make tham a great band. Cancelling the tour after a few shows doesn't make them a great band. Let's see tham actually do something before saying they will even make it through this year, much less saying they are better than the original band.

The cd is going to come out very soon this year and to have all of the shows in ny sell out in minutes must tell you something. People arent going to pay 80 bucks for a ticket just to go see one guy

The ticket was 63 bucks, and yes, I'm only going to see one guy.

Are we supposed to feel sorry for Axl because he basically broke up our favorite band and now he has to accept the consequences that go along with those actions? Not going to happen. Axl deserves everything he gets.

If CD ever comes out, then we will see if this band is really a band, as well as if they are any good. Pulling off a great show (I've yet to see a great performance by them, but you're entitled to your opinion) using someone elses material doesn't make tham a great band. Cancelling the tour after a few shows doesn't make them a great band. Let's see tham actually do something before saying they will even make it through this year, much less saying they are better than the original band.

you sound like a resentful little baby :rolleyes:

you really need to get a life dude. you are clear post after post that you don't support Guns N' Roses now, i'm baffled as to why the mods are still letting you post in this section. but keep it up and I'm sure it will be stopped! :shades:

you really need to get a life dude. you are clear post after post that you don't support Guns N' Roses now, i'm baffled as to why the mods are still letting you post in this section. but keep it up and I'm sure it will be stopped! :shades:

They let me post because I bring up legitimate points. Nobody said you have to love the new GnR to post here. I believe this is a Guns n Roses discussion board, and I am discussing Guns n Roses. Simple concept actually. You'll figure it out someday.

Edited by hartjh14

Guest JohnUlmer

They let me post because I bring up legitimate points. Nobody said you have to love the new GnR to post here. I believe this is a Guns n Roses discussion board, and I am discussing Guns n Roses. Simple concept actually. You'll figure it out someday.

Actually, in the guidelines when you sign up (on the page where you click "I Accept"), it says you have to be a fan of the new band "because it's a fan forum." And if you think I'm joking, I'm not.

10) This is a GNR FAN Forum, members should keep this in mind when posting. Do not bash GNR, VR, MEMBERS, EX-MEMBERS, or their MANAGEMENT

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=10531

Edited by JohnUlmer

love them? no. but respect them? yes. you do not respect them.

Actually, in the guidelines when you sign up (on the page where you click "I Accept"), it says you have to be a fan of the new band "because it's a fan forum." And if you think I'm joking, I'm not.

Well, you guys have A LOT of people to start deleting then...good luck.

love them? no. but respect them? yes. you do not respect them.

They haven't DONE anything yet. There is nothing to respect.

Edited by hartjh14

Guest JohnUlmer

Well, you guys have A LOT of people to start deleting then...good luck.

"You guys"? Who's "you guys"?

I'm not a blind fan and I'm not in the Axl's Disillusion Club, I just think when someone is mistaken they should be corrected. No?

I'm not a blind fan and I'm not in the Axl's Disillusion Club, I just think when someone is mistaken they should be corrected. No?

First time for everything. :shades:

If that's what it says, it's an embarrassment to the fans of the Original Band. They will have to delete 3/4 of the members at that rate.

First time for everything. :shades:

If that's what it says, it's an embarrassment to the fans of the Original Band. They will have to delete 3/4 of the members at that rate.

3 out of 4 members may prefer the old lineup to the new (probably more like 5/6, i know this). but thats not what I am talking about. Most of them are at least respectful of the band and its members. Its really a very small but very vocal minority of posters here who disrespect the band on a day to day basis. and you sir are among the most vocal out of the 3 or 4 people i'm talking about.