Respect for the Band

Axls_Disillusion

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The fucking Dont Damn Me section is what starts all of it with the "Slash vs Buckethead", "old GNR vs nu GNR" , "best GNR guitarist" arguments. People learn who they disagree with and start shit with them on other topics. Or some angry fucks will come in here and make a few "Axl can suck my balls" threads to piss off NuGNR fans, who then look at other old GNR lovers as NuGNR haters. Then after getting really pissed, people will make "why cant we all just get along" threads, so people can say "Like OMG! wow, awsome post I totally agree! Things should be that way!", to just go back the next day and beat the shit out of the regular topics that they call "tired arguments".

The forum is a mess, and too many people are way too defensive about their idols. Anybody says something bad about Buckethead or Slash and that person will just be an enemy to whoever disagrees with them. Yeah, I take part in it too, but so does everyone else on the forum. Its just a difference in opinion, and people will express their opinions. But at the end of the day, how much does it really get to us? Do you go to bed thinking about what some kid said to you on the internet? Fuck No! So I say keep arguing, it makes things a hell of a lot more interesting here while we are sitting around waiting for this goddamn CD to come out. How boring would this forum be without constant arguments?

Maybe most of it will stop, now that we have something to talk about. Sure, there will always be side topics of apparently really board people who just feel like talking shit through a computer screen, but I really think that from this point on we can put the dogshit behind us and talk some Guns N' Fucking Roses!

Im sick of being asked to keep my opinion to myself on this forum, are people really that sensitive about the current Guns N' Roses lineup?

Edited by sweetness

See A_D, GOAB gets it. UK Subs gets it too. You're really the only one trying to ram the new band down people's throats, or try to say that fans of Guns N' Roses don't belong on a GNR forum. Until you accept that fans of the band both old AND new can coexist on this forum, maybe you should just hang out at newguns, where any talk of the old band gets you banned.

you don't get it. you are such a hypocrite.

This was taken out of a thread in the VR section:

wow, someone who is even more pointless than Funral and Axls_Disillusion. I don't understand; you hate VR so much, yet you guys are always in this section. Why waste your time? Or are your lives just that pathetic? Or are you just jealous that Slash & Duff have managed to be successful without Axl, and put out a kickass album along with having a successful tour?
And yes, everyone does have different points of view, and that's fine. But I think the bashing of old members and the bashing of Scott is rude, unnecessary, and childish.

I am talking about the SAME EXACT principles here.

I don't understand; you hate the new band so much, yet you guys are always in this section. Why waste your time? Or are your lives just that pathetic? Or are you jealous that Axl is continuing the band on without Slash and Duff and in the process of releasing a kickass album and having a successful tour?

And yes, everyone does have different points of view, and that's fine. But I think the bashing of the new members and the bashing of Axl is rude, unnecessary, and childish.

People should refrain from making the same stupid arguement over and over again. (That's to EVERYONE who keeps this it going on)

Its pretty stupid with the name calling of people who like the new band or old band, or of members of the band themselves.

Oh..and why does everyone keep bringing up this band, NuGnR? I've never heard of them in my life :)

See A_D, GOAB gets it. UK Subs gets it too. You're really the only one trying to ram the new band down people's throats, or try to say that fans of Guns N' Roses don't belong on a GNR forum. Until you accept that fans of the band both old AND new can coexist on this forum, maybe you should just hang out at newguns, where any talk of the old band gets you banned.

wow, someone who is even more pointless than Funral and Axls_Disillusion. I don't understand; you hate VR so much, yet you guys are always in this section. Why waste your time? Or are your lives just that pathetic? Or are you just jealous that Slash & Duff have managed to be successful without Axl, and put out a kickass album along with having a successful tour?
And yes, everyone does have different points of view, and that's fine. But I think the bashing of old members and the bashing of Scott is rude, unnecessary, and childish.

I don't understand; you hate the new band so much, yet you guys are always in this section. Why waste your time? Or are your lives just that pathetic? Or are you jealous that Axl is continuing the band on without Slash and Duff and in the process of releasing a kickass album and having a successful tour?

And yes, everyone does have different points of view, and that's fine. But I think the bashing of the new members and the bashing of Axl is rude, unnecessary, and childish.

Who says I hate the new band? Because i like the old guys better means I can't like this version? Because I think Slash is way better than Finck means I am bashing him? Get a clue A_D. Just like I think Slash is better than FInck, I think Jimi Hendrix is better than SLash. Is that bashing Slash? no. Last time I checked, I didn't have to like everything that FInck/Fortus do. I didn't like everything that Slash did either.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Who says I hate the new band? Because i like the old guys better means I can't like this version? Because I think Slash is way better than Finck means I am bashing him? Get a clue A_D. Just like I think Slash is better than FInck, I think Jimi Hendrix is better than SLash. Is that bashing Slash? no. Last time I checked, I didn't have to like everything that FInck/Fortus do. I didn't like everything that Slash did either.

Yes

Just kidding :P

Who says I hate the new band? Because i like the old guys better means I can't like this version? Because I think Slash is way better than Finck means I am bashing him? Get a clue A_D. Just like I think Slash is better than FInck, I think Jimi Hendrix is better than SLash. Is that bashing Slash? no.

reading comprehension was somehting you should have picked up in high school.

what i did there was took your words and replaced some of the proper nouns in them. You are saying in an earlier post that people dont have to respect the band, yet you are asking people to respect Velvet Revolver. i wasn't saying you didn't like the band, that was more directed at other people. I was just using your own words to show what a hypocrite you really are.

I dont take liking the old band more than the new band as a disrespect to the new band. Thats not the point. My point is EXACTLY like your argument about VR.

Who says I hate the new band? Because i like the old guys better means I can't like this version? Because I think Slash is way better than Finck means I am bashing him? Get a clue A_D. Just like I think Slash is better than FInck, I think Jimi Hendrix is better than SLash. Is that bashing Slash? no.

what i did there was took your words and replaced some of the proper nouns in them. You are saying in an earlier post that people dont have to respect the band, yet you are asking people to respect Velvet Revolver. i wasn't saying you didn't like the band, that was more directed at other people. I was just using your own words to show what a hypocrite you really are.

I dont take liking the old band more than the new band as a disrespect to the new band. Thats not the point. My point is EXACTLY like your argument about VR.

Then your argument makes even less sense. How exactly am I hypocritical? Liking both versions of the band makes me hypocritical? Or the fact that I think all the bashing either way is ridiculous makes me hypocritical?

Last time I checked, it was you making racist comments about Slash in the VR section, and you making rude comments about the old bandmembers that had nothing to do with their playing in the VR section. Instead of doing it in the VR section, you just do it in other sections now.

What you REALLY fail to realize however, is that the new guys have to EARN the respect, just like the original band had to do.

Then your argument makes even less sense. How exactly am I hypocritical? Liking both versions of the band makes me hypocritical? Or the fact that I think all the bashing either way is ridiculous makes me hypocritical?

Last time I checked, it was you making racist comments about Slash in the VR section, and you making rude comments about the old bandmembers that had nothing to do with their playing in the VR section. Instead of doing it in the VR section, you just do it in other sections now.

What you REALLY fail to realize however, is that the new guys have to EARN the respect, just like the original band had to do.

I'm going to spell this out for you :)

You are hypocritical, because in the VR section, you tell people that don't like VR to get out of the VR section, and not to make rude comments about the members of the band.

In this thread, I am basically telling people who don't like Guns N Roses (aka the new gnr) to do the same thing. And you are telling me I am narrow minded and unaccepting of other opinions. When in reality, I am just asking people to do the same thing in the GNR section that you ask people to do in the VR section.

Sorry subs, I think I made my point, you can lock this if you would like. I have nothing more to say on this.

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

Please, for the love of God, stop this bullshit!

Use the pm system for personal conversations.

On topic(if indeed there was one)...

UK SUBS.

Good, I"m glad you noted that you don't have sexual feelings for Slash in your sig! I thought I was going to have to fight you for him too!!! :P I"ve already got to figure out a way to get rid of P4A!

And no, there really wasn't a topic to begin with.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

I for one have defended both bands many times. I respect Axl and the work he does. That's why I am interested in the new band. And frankly, the demos really earned someone like Finck some respect in my eyes. What are likely his solos in Better, TWAT, and I.R.S. are great. They are melodic and they rock. I hope he continues to win me over.

The demos as a whole are fantastic. Really we can put aside this notion that the new band has done nothing to warrant a decision on whether they should be respected or not. Here is what they have done:

The Blues

Madagascar

Rhiad and the Bedouins

Silkworms

Chinese Democracy

Cather in the Rye

TWAT

I.R.S.

Better

It wasn't long ago when this forum was going nuts and almost every single poster was lauding the work the new band had created.

Do you respect this body of work? We don't need to wait for the album. We know how these songs sound. I realize the final versions will differ to some degree, but this is what we have and we can evaluate it. There's enough quality here for me to give them a thumbs up.

But fuck man, the old band is why we are even here to begin with. If there is one thing that simply should never happen, it's someone as instrumental as Slash, Duff, or Izzy being disrespected by a supposed "fan". They are the reason this board exists, they are the reason you have those songs you love, and make no mistake, they are the reason Axl has the great opportunity that he now does (yeah, he's part of the reason too).

The new band simply does not command that level of respect yet (though I don't exactly think they deserve being bashed either), and it's only natural that many fans will resent them. Those feelings are justified because the old band was that damn good. It captured our hearts and our minds. Simple as that. You don't just forget about something like that, you don't just toss it aside. If you can do that real easy, it obviously didn't mean as much to you as it did to others.

Edited by KBear

I'm going to spell this out for you :)

You are hypocritical, because in the VR section, you tell people that don't like VR to get out of the VR section, and not to make rude comments about the members of the band.

In this thread, I am basically telling people who don't like Guns N Roses (aka the new gnr) to do the same thing. And you are telling me I am narrow minded and unaccepting of other opinions. When in reality, I am just asking people to do the same thing in the GNR section that you ask people to do in the VR section.

Sorry subs, I think I made my point, you can lock this if you would like. I have nothing more to say on this.

NO hun, you are telling fans of GNR not to post here cause you hate the fact that some like the old better than the new. Your way of "defending" the new band is to trash the old band. SO there is a HUGE difference between what I said and what you said. You can't accept the fact that this band has to release the album and earn the respect of fans back. I will never like the new version as much as the old, but I can still enjoy the music.