NYC Setlist Guesses/Wishes

Cold-Heart-Breaker

As username Has Stated In The Past: In Order For The Tour To Be A Success, The Majority Of The Songs Must Be New Ones.

agreed.

If the album is ready, its time to showcase some of the biggies please!!!!!

The massive old songs simply have to be played, wttj,nov rain,scom,nightrain,pc,patience etc.... 50:50 of old and new would be my ideal.

Dropping the boring new version of knockin on heavens door im afraid, gnr were meant to rock the socks of that song!

Also dropping rhiad,silkworms and oh my god, they are not upto standard.

i think most of us on here would love to have better played, id also love to see twat, i thnk itd be great live. A power ballad!

Fuck me i cant wait.

rock1

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me first state that I hope my supposition is wrong, but after listening to Axl Rose's last interview, it seems as if he still is unsure of how this thing will unfold. He always has this blasé attitude, which worries me. He says things like, "Hopefully", and "we'll see how it goes from there" far too much for my taste.

If the band he introduced in 2001-2002 has changed, with their being a new third guitarist, it seems likely that Axl may continue the same setlist as last time since: A. He knows fans will dig the old hits, B. It reaffirms for fans that the new guitarist can rip through the old material, and C. It doesn't put like half of Chinese Democracy on the web for download and scrutiny.

Also, from the interview, one thing is clear, the album is not finished. He says it time and time again that they have not selected the tracks yet, and that they are still recording new material.

People also shouldn't take Axl's comments about Fall being the time the record will drop, because remember, all of that hinges on the tour going well. When was the last time a GNR tour went well? I just hope this time Axl comes through on his promise.

In 3 days, a lot of rumors will be laid to rest. I just hope Axl gives us something new and not the same old setlist with little improv. We had that, we accepted it, but this time, he better deliver more. Time will tell.

If we don't get to hear all the leaks + the blues, Chinese democracy and Madagascar and 1-3 new songs - or the equivelent number of completely new songs (10?!) - then I'd be worried about the album coming out this year.

LP

Most concerts of GnR have ended with paradise city, that is like the closing athem of the concert

Nightrain is a popular song so of course they will play that.

That is just 2 songs so how will we know what the set list is by just 2 songs.

' date='May 8 2006, 01:57 PM' post='1272100']
i serioudly dont understand how you people can like twat

Me neither. It's last on my "leaked demos chart"....

ah my good friend mango aggrees with me :)

Because his appearance was a surprise, I don’t think the right questions were asked to get anything regarding the set list(s). Nothing was confirmed nothing was ruled out, so it could go either way.

They asked about specific songs like Madagascar etc… they didn’t ask if new songs would be played we hadn’t heard, if the leaks will be played live, none of that, so I don’t think we know any more about the set list after the interview than we did before. I mean only confirmed tracks are Madagascar, Nightrain and Paradise City and I think everyone expected them anyway.

LP

this will do me:

Welcome to the Jungle

Mr. Brownstone

Live and Let Die

IRS

You Could Be Mine

Better

It's So Easy

Madagascar

Don't Cry

**New Song**

Civil War

Catcher in the Rhye

Sweet Child O'Mine

**New Song**

Patience

The Blues

November Rain

Nightrain

Chinese Democracy

Rocket Queen

There Was a Time

Paradise City

Most concerts of GnR have ended with paradise city, that is like the closing athem of the concert

but then you get the others like Jungle SCOM NR normally in every setlist

Talking to Axl is like walking on thin ice and it was obvious that Axl wasn't going to talk about the new material, that's why Trunk backed away from such questioning.

I think it pisses Axl off to no end that his secret album is leaking bit by bit, and once the finally album is mastered, the whole thing will be on the net way before it will hit stores. Not even the mighty Axl can stop that.

I think it would be disapointing if he didn't play at least two of the leaked tracks live. But what everyone has to remember is that,these 4 shows coming up are only warm up gigs,so the set list may be the same as 2002. Maybe in Europe more songs will be added to the set.

Yeah trunk was an idiot and should have asked how many new songs axl would be playing at the ny shows.

If Axl radomly turned up to talk to me I'd be lost for words too and at least wouldn't be thinking 100% on the ball!!

But seriously, it's hard (knowing Axl's likelyhood to walk out if you offend him) to ask him sensitive questions. Or anything that could be taken the wrong way. Better to have a happy Axl there for 90 minutes, rather than 5 or 10 minutes because you pissed him off. Plus he had no time to think about what questions to ask him, so I'd go easy on Trunk.

As I've said in a previous post - if the setlist is remotely like it was in 2002 (ie all the old tracks, plus Madagascar, The Blues etc) i'll be VERY disappointed. All this does is generate pointless threads such as 'Old Vs New', 'Slash Vs Finck,' 'Duff Vs Stinson....' etc etc.

It was cool in 2002, coz it showed the new band, and confirmed that they could indeed 'play the fuck out of the old songs.' However a repeat dose 4 years later would really make me qwuestion what the new band have been doing the past half decade.

Overall, for this band to be accepted as its own talented entity, we need to hear more of the original material. Another nostalgia-fest won't wash this time,...... well not for me anyway. Come on Axl, pull out the stops on this tour!!........... rock2

LA

but then you get the others like Jungle SCOM NR normally in every setlist

that is true, but they will play like 20 songs and some songs they played on the 2002 tour like probably Think about You and out ta get me will be replaced with new songs for example.