NYC Setlist Guesses/Wishes

Cold-Heart-Breaker

At least add some more Illusion stuff, Appetite is an old, very old record now. People want to hear Sweet Child, Jungle, Nightrain and Paradise City, that's enough for me. Axl can't do the other songs any justice anymore, he should let them go. Rocket Queen on the last tour was abysmal.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im honestly tried of hearing nothing but old songs at GNR Concerts now.

Yeah with all the gigs they've been doing these last few years you'd think the band would be bored too...

LP

What's really crazy is how Axl considers the 2001-2002 tour a success because it galvanized the band...I mean, what world is he living in? The tour was a failure no matter how you look at it, the band's lead guitarist quit, and 3 plus years of nothing happened after. It's amazing how Axl is able to put his spin on the situation and make it sound like it was all for the better.

What's really crazy is how Axl considers the 2001-2002 tour a success because it galvanized the band...I mean, what world is he living in? The tour was a failure no matter how you look at it, the band's lead guitarist quit, and 3 plus years of nothing happened after. It's amazing how Axl is able to put his spin on the situation and make it sound like it was all for the better.

I think that's what he has to believe otherwise he'll not go through with this one.

LP

buckethead quit in 2004, 2 years later

and he said the tour was good for the band.

what an exciting way to piss off old fans, who like the old songs and want the old band back, and piss off new fans, who have been waiting 14 years for something new, by not really commiting to either idea, and just pulling it all together for a show every 5 years or so. I'd be happier if GNR came out and covered the strokes entire album, just to here something other than the same shit.

yeah..

this is really pathetic really.

GnR are coming back and all some people can do is whinge and have to analyse

every word Axl says and how he didn't dot his i's or cross his t's

no wonder Axl doesn't hardly speak.

Silkworms

Anything Goes

My World

Move to the City

Pittman synthesizer solo

Rhiad and the Bedouins

Shotgun Blues

Oh My God

Cornchucker

Get in the Ring

Dizzy Reed bongo solo

Garden of Eden

Since i dont have you

haha i was just about to put one up like that

except i would have added axl unretires dont cry and plays it three times in a row.

Edited by datdude133d

Let me first state that I hope my supposition is wrong, but after listening to Axl Rose's last interview, it seems as if he still is unsure of how this thing will unfold. He always has this blasé attitude, which worries me. He says things like, "Hopefully", and "we'll see how it goes from there" far too much for my taste.

If the band he introduced in 2001-2002 has changed, with their being a new third guitarist, it seems likely that Axl may continue the same setlist as last time since: A. He knows fans will dig the old hits, B. It reaffirms for fans that the new guitarist can rip through the old material, and C. It doesn't put like half of Chinese Democracy on the web for download and scrutiny.

Also, from the interview, one thing is clear, the album is not finished. He says it time and time again that they have not selected the tracks yet, and that they are still recording new material.

People also shouldn't take Axl's comments about Fall being the time the record will drop, because remember, all of that hinges on the tour going well. When was the last time a GNR tour went well? I just hope this time Axl comes through on his promise.

In 3 days, a lot of rumors will be laid to rest. I just hope Axl gives us something new and not the same old setlist with little improv. We had that, we accepted it, but this time, he better deliver more. Time will tell.

You are always so negative. I do not agree with you and of course a couple of new songs will be there.

The leaks - at least a couple of them - will most likely feature in the setlist.

It just sounds like Axl is the CEO of some company and the BAND are his employees. Seriously, when you think of THE BAND, do you ever see Axl as part of that unit? I just can't.

Me neither :ph34r: .

It doesn't seem that Axl wants to be part of a unit anymore... He wants FREEDOM.

And that's why this is a SOLO PROJECT. Which would be respectable, if it was presented as such.

Edited by Alan Niveen

It just sounds like Axl is the CEO of some company and the BAND are his employees. Seriously, when you think of THE BAND, do you ever see Axl as part of that unit? I just can't.

Me neither :ph34r: .

It doesn't seem that Axl wants to be part of a unit anymore... He wants FREEDOM.

And that's why this is a SOLO PROJECT. Which would be respectable, if it was presented like that.

well he says we

"I think we needed to do the shows that we did back then to feel like a band and we did just enough shows for ourselves as a band"

yeah..

Right.And they are bashing Axl on a GN"R broad.What gives?

yeah..

Right.And they are bashing Axl on a GN"R broad.What gives?

They think everything is supposed to work out exactly as they want, they somehow feel GNR owes them something.. almost like Axl is forcing them to spend hours on end on GNR forums waiting for him. :rolleyes:

yeah..

Some people are never happy.

Myself, Im over the moon!!!

This is what I'd want

TWAT

november rain

my michelle

Madagascar